Last job of the year!

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Yesterday, we cleaned 20,000 Sq/Ft....glad to be done for the year!

2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcf8FGTW1NU2]

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Bob 3 miles. are you going to come down and help us out one day?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Had my last vacuum of the year. It was a good one, worth a few pics. I'm not at home so haven't uploaded them. An old berber, 3bdrm, lr, sun rm, looked ugly, ie past tense.
Cute lady there too, not that I noticed.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron as a child

vacuum.jpg

On his off days

naked-dwarf-henry-vacuum-cleaner.jpg

His entertainment as he gets older

vacuum.jpg

The real reason Ron Vacuums so much

what-a-girl-wants-man-and-vacuum.jpg

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I had one today that made me think of Ron. I spent about an hour vacuuming less than 300sf but it wasn't because I wanted to spend that long. I emptied the canister about 7 or 8 times and I'm talking slap full of compacted dirt not fluffy hair or fuzz. Ron would probably still be there vacuuming but I called it quits when the dirt stopped flying up from the carpet in front of the vacuum from the vibration.

I've never seen such a dramatic difference in the appearance of the carpet from vacuuming alone. When I was about half way through with the room the lady asked if that was cleaning and vacuuming at the same time. When I explained it was just a standard $68 vacuum from walmart she said you mean my vacuum should have been picking that up all along......yep.

I can guarantee that she will never let another carpet cleaner touch her carpet if they don't pre-vac.

P

Phoenix Phil

The Vortex and the Zipper a match made in heaven. It seems to be the best of both worlds.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Joey Johnston said:
I had one today that made me think of Ron. I spent about an hour vacuuming less than 300sf but it wasn't because I wanted to spend that long. I emptied the canister about 7 or 8 times and I'm talking slap full of compacted dirt not fluffy hair or fuzz. Ron would probably still be there vacuuming but I called it quits when the dirt stopped flying up from the carpet in front of the vacuum from the vibration.

I've never seen such a dramatic difference in the appearance of the carpet from vacuuming alone. When I was about half way through with the room the lady asked if that was cleaning and vacuuming at the same time. When I explained it was just a standard $68 vacuum from walmart she said you mean my vacuum should have been picking that up all along......yep.

I can guarantee that she will never let another carpet cleaner touch her carpet if they don't pre-vac.

That about sums it up. Not that I want to, but I just do whats needed.
Took me an hour and half yesterday in that last house, 789sf, very fine soil in that abused berber.
Sure made the steam cleaning go well.

I have looked at both tools. The zipper jr to me seems to be the more versatile and better tool. I like how the sides are enclosed, the head is lower, and the tool is lighter. I noticed the smaller version used to have 6 jets and now has 4. Why the change? Why would someone not want the jr model over the original?

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
boazcan said:
Nice looking tool there. What flow are running in zipper? Nice change with the see thru window.
Thanks Bryan! We are running a 12 flow.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
danielc said:
I have looked at both tools. The zipper jr to me seems to be the more versatile and better tool. I like how the sides are enclosed, the head is lower, and the tool is lighter. I noticed the smaller version used to have 6 jets and now has 4. Why the change? Why would someone not want the jr model over the original?

Daniel,

All of your comments are right on. Our plans for the Zipper is to extrude the shape of the Zipper Jr. head that will be able to be cut in 13" & 15". The 15" will have five jets and will be called the Zipper Elite. The reason we went from six jets down to four is because we were getting pile distortion on builders grade nylon carpet. We want the Jr. to be residential friendly.

Al

Last Job of the year, was one of the best! Sucked the water out of a vaccant flooded building, for a company out of NY coming to do the drying. Took 3 guy's 3 hours and we got 3100 cash. :mrgreen:

They actually tried to give me the whole job, which I guesstimated a 60,000 loss. Office Depot who ownes the building will pay 17000 only. :shock:

Our calculations showed it would need 64 dehu's. I declined the job, then a company in NY took it at 17000. :shock: :shock:

These guy's from NY brought 19 little dehus and 25 fans in a small U-haul trailer. They needed to buy my razor knifes, chalk line, hammer and box of trash bags. I wouldn't sell them my extensoin cords :roll: It was 11:00 pm New Years Eve so nothing was open.

We walked with 3 grand of it and no liabilities :D

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Can the Zipper operator see all the dirty water being pulled from the carpet too, as we were able to see it from your movie? Or is the window only on one side?

Did you refilling your fresh tanks or were you hooked up to water at the job site? 12 Flow?? It looks deceptive looking at the front window on the Zipper, it looks like you're going through a TON more water. I'm not being critical or knit-picky... looked like those carpets needed to be flushed BAAAAAAD! Just trying to learn more about your product. It looks like a great piece of equipment.

True, true that... maybe someday...

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
No the tech can not see the extracted water, would be nice. The jets are 6 11002 12flow. The water was topped off across the street, we had enough water to finish the other 10,000 sq. and I CAN'T TYPE FOR SHIT!!!!!!! Slow pecker.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Erik said:
No the tech can not see the extracted water, would be nice.

Guess they just have to check their progress by looking at the carpet like the rest of us mere mortals. How long did it take to do that job? How often do you clean for them? Are they on a regular maintenance program? Do you do interim encap between HWE jobs? What did you charge for that cleaning. (Hope that's not too personal a business question?. If there is a competitor cleaner on the board, I'll understand.. or you could PM the answer. I'm just wondering what the guys with the "big trucks" make on big commercial jobs since everyone seems to say that's where the money is.) I can't even get the little shit jobs the big guys don't want.

Erik said:
I CAN'T TYPE FOR SHIT!!!!!!! Slow pecker.
Word!! I can type like 60 words a minute but half are mispelled so I have to go back and fix them so you can understand what I'm saying... :roll:

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Ron Werner said:
nice vid, how long were the trucks running?
Did you have to refuel?
Trucks were running about 7 hours. The job was 30 miles from our shop. When we got back there was between 1/4-1/2 tank left, 35 gal. tank.

P.S. THANKS!!!!!!!!!
Sorry we didn't pre vac.

Erik, why the need for two trucks on this job? Why did you not dual wand with one truck? That is the point of buying a V right? Did you park one truck accross the street or can you clean faster with two trucks?

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Running a high flow at such a greasy place, it is hard to maintain high temps, we are on the triger pretty hard. Sometimes it's just easier and faster. Especially when it's so cold out.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Erik said:
Running a high flow at such a greasy place, it is hard to maintain high temps, we are on the triger pretty hard. Sometimes it's just easier and faster. Especially when it's so cold out.

So what you are saying is the Vortex isn't all that it's cracked up to be and the hype is just that....
Cause that's what I just heard. :mrgreen:

Chris A

Name
Chris
Erik said:
No the tech can not see the extracted water, would be nice. The jets are 6 11002 12flow. The water was topped off across the street, we had enough water to finish the other 10,000 sq. and I CAN'T TYPE FOR SHIT!!!!!!! Slow pecker.

Erik check your PM's...

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Brian Robison said:
Erik said:

So what you are saying is the Vortex isn't all that it's cracked up to be and the hype is just that....
Cause that's what I just heard. :mrgreen:
They are good units, just not steamways.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom