Leaking Water

lesterj2

When I started my machine today. I noticed that the exhaust pipe was leaking water.. Well actually its kind of a constant stream...

I followed the pipe and it hooks up to the bottom of theheat exchanger... Its also leaking in that spot....

hogjowl

Idiot™
I would suspect that it wasn't aired out after your last job yesterday and had water in the blower. Is it still doing it after you emptied the waste tank and aired out the blower?

Name
Bruce
Start the machine up with the waste tank empty and see if it's still doing it. check to see if the water starts slowing down or if it keeps up the steady stream.

gasaxe

is it the exhaust for the engine or the blower? In other words is you heat exchanger that the water is coming out of on the engine exhaust or the blower exhaust?

gasaxe

if its engine exhaust it should have nothing to do with the blower or the waste tank having water in it.

you probably have a internal leak inside the heat exchanger that is on the engine exhaust.
If you can isolate pressure on the heat exchanger with a pressure gauge on it once the pump shows pressure you can shut off a ball valve on the inlet and the outlet of the heat exchanger and it should hold pressure on the gauge. If the pressure leaks down then you fo sho have a leak inside the heat exchanger.
You could also plug one of the inlet/outlet fittings and rigg up a connection to hook up to a air compressor on the other. again it should hold pressure. If you do it without the engine running you should be able hear the air if it is leaking internally.

lesterj2

still having this problem... steady stream of water coming from engine exhaust pipe...
machine runs great with no problems but i would like to get this fixed...

Able 1

Name
Keith
gasaxe said:
if its engine exhaust it should have nothing to do with the blower or the waste tank having water in it.

you probably have a internal leak inside the heat exchanger that is on the engine exhaust.
If you can isolate pressure on the heat exchanger with a pressure gauge on it once the pump shows pressure you can shut off a ball valve on the inlet and the outlet of the heat exchanger and it should hold pressure on the gauge. If the pressure leaks down then you fo sho have a leak inside the heat exchanger.
You could also plug one of the inlet/outlet fittings and rigg up a connection to hook up to a air compressor on the other. again it should hold pressure. If you do it without the engine running you should be able hear the air if it is leaking internally.

I'd try this...

Back
Top Bottom