Leaky Jets

Josh Almanza

Name
Josh Almanza
Replaced all 4 check valves on my Devastator wand. Wand is still leaking. What else could be causing my Jets to leak?

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Sometimes its just the water in the line from the valve to the jets that drips out. I can't leave any of my wands on the side when I put em down, or else it empties.

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Sometimes its just the water in the line from the valve to the jets that drips out. I can't leave any of my wands on the side when I put em down, or else it empties.
Yes but if he replaced the dripless jets, and it's dripping probably because there's pressure because the valve stem oring isn't working

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Yes but if he replaced the dripless jets, and it's dripping probably because there's pressure because the valve stem oring isn't working
I actually never heard of dripless jets, I need to look into them myself.

Mikey P

Administrator
I was gonna ask if something new in the last 10 years
I found nothing that stops jet dribbles from Vee-Jets that lasted longer than 39 seconds

Tee-jet valve bodies allow for a better check valve

..L.T.A.

Yeah, those drop-in style check valves definitely work brother but typically TJet designs don't have a manifold behind them full of boiling expanded water...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Yeah, those drop-in style check valves definitely work brother but typically TJet designs don't have a manifold behind them full of boiling expanded water...

no check valve is strong enough to hold heat expansion pressure from valve to jets when running hiss 'n spit screaming heat (240ish+)
Vee jets dribbles are a fact of life even at 180

One of the things that pi55ed me off when we went from AW to Ti

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Mikey P

steve_64

Its not the heat as much as it is hard water that damages the o ring. Think of the wand as a straw full of water with your finger covering one end. Let a little air in and it runs out. Hard water has more heavy metals causing microscopic tears.
The best valves I found i got from olsenolsen. This tablet sucks. Anyway I run 240 on the gage and they last me a long time.

Reactions: Mikey P and SamIam

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
The reel issue with any dripless jet I've used is blockage the spring or something effects the spray pattern.

So I never use them.

Drop a towel and use the vac head to go grab it.
It drips on the towel.
I never got consistent spray patterns with check valves, so I took them off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom