Learning from Home Depot

Went to get disposable 3m respirators and some other items this morning. Not thinking about much, walked into store, a man approached me and said how can I help you. He went on to point me to the right place. Walked toward that area, then went on to other areas in the store. Every few minutes, happy helpful employees kept asking me if they can help me find something. All quality people, it was really different, rarely have I been impressed with customer service like this. These were not the owners, they were employees taught to engage,it was very impressive. So today I learned great customer service from the home depot. Engage the customer,be happy, help them, thats how you grow your business! Will take this into the next job at 12pm. Thanks Ron

Mikey P

Administrator
My HD has people asking me if I need help but dont have the answers to my questions.

Kids.

I want the old man with the missing pinkie, half an eye brow and Forsythe like belly telling me how to connect my widgets to my doohickies.

Buzzbac

Mikey P said:
My HD has people asking me if I need help but dont have the answers to my questions.

Kids.

I want the old man with the missing pinkie, half an eye brow and Forsythe like belly telling me how to connect my widgets to my doohickies.

Your widget is a wayyyy too small for the doohickie that your tryin to put it in...get yourself an underslung warble sprocket and attach it to the semi rotating giggler pin........... :D

Even YOUR doohickie should get a decent result then ....

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
HD & Loews have great customer service by me. They do have some younger employees but even these are polite and reasonably knowledgeable and the older folks in them are a fountain of info~ especially for an all thumbs metro like me :-)

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Buzzbac fill in your profile man so people know who they are talking to.

CleanEvo

Stay away from the big box stores and find yourself locally owned hardware stores and lumber yards, plumbing supply, electrical supply...you name it. They can provide the same stuff and waaaaay better service.

Plus you'll probably be able to connect with the owner quite easily. You may pay a little bit more, but you will go a long way to support your local economy. I've also found it to be a great way to get business and referals.

As carpet cleaners we encourage people to use a local O/O and stay away from the big franchise co's. Shouldn't we practice what we preach?

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Home depot used to be that way and that service went to the wayside. They are making an honest attempt to step it up again. Especially the new stores.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ken Snow said:
HD & Loews have great customer service by me. They do have some younger employees but even these are polite and reasonably knowledgeable and the older folks in them are a fountain of info~ especially for an all thumbs metro like me :-)

My HD has special classes on Sundays to teach Metros how to get a roll of Duck Tape started.

Walt

The ones here are nice enough. But nothing like having a lady tell me how to set tile because she went to a two hour class. "nothing to it," she says. :shock:

That's why I like the local ACE Hardware. These guys know where every thing is and actually how to do it. And a huge selection or Stainless steel products.

Greenie

All this good service stuff from HD is totally foreign here, it's liek a ghost town when I go in, and to actually find someone who knows what they are talking about...good luck, buch of shelf stockers.

Jimbo

My close Home Depot...

has a guy that signs people up for hd credit cards...he knows not to speak to me.

Has an older guy kind of like Mike described in Plumbing...that guy rocks...retired plumbing contractor...always has good advice...If he likes you...he's from Montana...and they don't tolerate much bs there.

I hate the self check out...I never go there...the cheap potlickers can provide a live person to ring me up.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Not enough employees at the hd's around here. It's not that their not helpful, just not enough. Their so overworked they run away from you when you find one :lol: For service I go to Orchard. Also, I've always been impressed with the people that work in In and Out Burger. I don't know how they do it but they seem to know how to get the friendly types. Check em out if you have one locally.

Albert

Walt

Albert Lazo said:
Not enough employees at the hd's around here. It's not that their not helpful, just not enough. Their so overworked they run away from you when you find one :lol: For service I go to Orchard. Also, I've always been impressed with the people that work in In and Out Burger. I don't know how they do it but they seem to know how to get the friendly types. Check em out if you have one locally.

Albert

In and out pays double of other fast food places. I've hired several ex- In and Out employees - they were the best I had for getting the job done quickly and right.

Back
Top Bottom