Leftover Prespray

lesterj2

I was wondering when Im finished with a job what should I do with the leftover Prespray after Im finished...
Would it be fine to put it into an old glass pickle jar, LOL... Or just buy a 1 gal. plastic jug and store it in a cool dry place...

TimP

I reuse my prespray. I mix it in a 2.5 gal battery sprayer. I just fill the container the next day and add to it. If I use powermax I just add what I would for a whole bucket full to make sure it has enough O2. Although often times I try to spray the rest out in the trashed places if I can.

If I had a inline sprayer I wouldn't dump it either. Chems cost too much to throw out and they don't go bad only peroxide goes bad from what I understand.

TimP

I do too lester. I don't think it goes bad unless you have something heavy with peroxide in it. It don't hurt to put a top on it. The omni jugs have caps. And hydroforce sprayers have caps available too. If you're using a pump up, you already have a cap in place.

Rex Tyus

lesterj2 said:
I was wondering when Im finished with a job what should I do with the leftover Prespray after Im finished...
Would it be fine to put it into an old glass pickle jar, LOL... Or just buy a 1 gal. plastic jug and store it in a cool dry place...

Like TimP and Meat said, it depends on what type of prespray you are using. Some are good for a couple of weeks. Some a couple of hours. If it is not heavy on peroxide or sensitive enzymes you should get some decent shelf life.

lesterj2

well im using some Powder Extraction detergent called CarpetCop... and i like to add like 3 oz. 4o wt. Peroxide...

Rex Tyus

If a prespray needs peroxide on a "regular" basis to get good results it is time to consider a new prespray. Peroxide should be used after cleaning to get what the detergent won't get. Not to bleach instead of using a good detergent and cleaning. just and opinion. I know this is contrary to the common opinion that is the flavor of the month but it is my OPINION. Clean it first. Then oxidize as needed.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Rex Tyus said:
If a prespray needs peroxide on a "regular" basis to get good results it is time to consider a new prespray. Peroxide should be used after cleaning to get what the detergent won't get. Not to bleach instead of using a good detergent and cleaning. just and opinion. I know this is contrary to the common opinion that is the flavor of the month but it is my OPINION. Clean it first. Then oxidize as needed.

I agree. I generally only add peroxide directly to my pre-spray if there are urine issues and on olefin berbers.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I carry 20 gallons of RTU's in the truck ..so at the end of the day I pour what is left over into my holding tank and flush the sprayer.....

lesterj2

SRI Cleaning said:
lesterj2 said:
well im using some Powder Extraction detergent called CarpetCop... and i like to add like 3 oz. 4o wt. Peroxide...

Les, Are you using carpet cop as your prespray?
yes... i called the manufacturer and they said it would be fine they also told me the mix ratio...

i havent had any complaints or problems as of yet (knock on wood)... works great IMO...

G

You could reuse it. You might need to add some fresh enzymes, but you could reuse it.

Mr.V

haven't really tried it but I always thought it would make more sense to put peroxide in the rinse myself

used brown out in the chem feed on some pee filled carpet ,,,,,worked wonders

G

May I suggest that you use sodium p to add to your prespray as an oxy boost,and save the 40 vol for those tougher stains that need a little more umph.

Kevin

lesterj2

Kevin P said:
May I suggest that you use sodium p to add to your prespray as an oxy boost,and save the 40 vol for those tougher stains that need a little more umph.

Kevin
where could the SODIUM P be purchased...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
lesterj2 said:
Kevin P said:

Kevin
where could the SODIUM P be purchased...

Sodium percabinate
you can buy it most anywhere.
Wal-mart, Home Depot, grocery store
it's know there as Oxy-Clean
Yes, the stuff that Billy Mays hawks

..L.T.A.

lesterj2

ok i heard of OxyClean but how much should i mix per gallon of prespray...
but if i was to get the big bucket of SodiumPrecarbonate what would the mix ratio be for it...

TimP

My guess would be 1/4 oz per gallon....that's what boost all dilution ratio is from bridgepoint. So it should be that or less depending on what additives are in boost all????

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I would just dump it. Every morning I mix my first gallon of prespray with boiling water and then I mix each job and always use it up. If I didn't I would dump it

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Matt Murdock said:
I would just dump it. Every morning I mix my first gallon of prespray with boiling water and then I mix each job and always use it up. If I didn't I would dump it

that is what we do, you will get to the point where you dont have much left over..it just takes time and you will be able to gauge how much you will need. i smile every time my sprayer starts to blow air and i am at the last inch of the last room.
dave

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom