Legend Brands adds Chemspec to its product portfolio

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I used One Clean until it co-agulated with my deodorizer and then I switched over to Trashed Green, which has been great. Still have a case of detergent from the Masterclean days, but only use it on area rugs I clean in the shop.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Interesting read for me.

I started using some Chemspec gear back in the mid '80's, we didn't get a lot down under.

BUT !!

This bit intrigued me:

"Chemspec is known worldwide as an innovator of specialty chemical products and a problem solver for soft and hard flooring and fabric cleaning challenges".

No mention of leather ???

I just went out the back to my bookcase and dug out an old manual....

CHEMSPEC Leather Cleaning Training Manual.

Written by..

Aaron Groseclose 1991

It goes on to describe the different leathers, and how to apply All Fabric Stain Shield to leather. :eekk:

It also contains MSDS sheets for Leather Clean & Conditioner, plus a page with leather samples glued on.

All this in a nice brown pvd folder with gold print on the front cover.

Any/all offers will be considered. :biggrin:

:very_drunk:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Lol- good ones Bill & Richard. Maybe there isn't much else to do in Bowling Green Kentucky.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Joey is good guy, just overly defensive of his primary brand to the point he headhunts for them. Hey I'd love for all my clients to be so loyal. :pig:

hogjowl

Idiot™
If you ask me (and I KNOW nobody DID, so shut up Taco), chemical lines should be the least polarizing thing within our industry. What I mean by that is, there are PLENTY of chemical lines that work well, and only a handful of them that truly suck. I use Judson's products almost exclusively, but if a chemspec or SS dealer popped up near me, I'd switch over in a minute. No reason to get all worked up over a name.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Bill. Your truckmounts are nice, and to be honest I recently bought one of your portables for high rise buildings. And I have tried many if your chemicals. And they are not very good. Period. So, I am just stating a personal experience of my own. And only you know how the actual sales of your chems are doing, not us. But I do know of 3 distys that stoppes selling ur chems, but love your machines. So my pointe is this.... im complaining about them because I would like to use them, so improve them. Duh

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Maybe it's something in the water in Bowling Green that causes the problem?

:very_drunk:

randy

Name
Randy
Do you get paid to slam our products every time they are mentioned or is it what you do for fun......... Just saying. :-)

If so i don't know about Joey but I haven't been getting my check and I totally agree that your current chemical line is the worst I have seen in 22 years in this industry. When you peddle crap that poor, people will comment on it. It's astoundingly bad stuff that is not even as good as the Zap line at home Depo.

If you keep the current line and merge chemspec under the current label it will be a dismal failure, it will just destroy what is left of Chemspec. Even interlink distributors are commenting how lame your chemicals are and we see them on the close out bin/ shelf, that speaks volumes. I have not heard one cleaner applaud your chemical line that is not selling you advertising.

Congratulations on the Chemspec acquisition, I hope we see you guys do great things with the line.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Bill. Your truckmounts are nice, and to be honest I recently bought one of your portables for high rise buildings. And I have tried many if your chemicals. And they are not very good. Period. So, I am just stating a personal experience of my own. And only you know how the actual sales of your chems are doing, not us. But I do know of 3 distys that stoppes selling ur chems, but love your machines. So my pointe is this.... im complaining about them because I would like to use them, so improve them. Duh

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Well then problem solved buy Chemspec! :-)

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I liked the Versa clean fission tlc and pet and stain remover all worked good. my only problem is finding them at a place I can drive to. I have my chemspec and prochem chemicals delivered to my dads business he takes it home and I pick it up at my convenience and I save a lot off shipping

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hogjowl

Idiot™
Oh, you mentioned Versa Clean and that reminded me. I bought two cases of that from Pemberton and loved it for moderate soiling conditions.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Congratulations on the Chemspec acquisition, I hope we see you guys do great things with the line.

They did not acquire didley. Or was it the othe way around.
RPM owned/bought Chemspec a while ago.
RPM bought SS.
RPM combined the companies, or moved some lines around. Efficiency, better marketing, whatever.

That's what large big pocket companies do.

What's next for RPM?
Wallmart?

Bill, will RPM consider acquiring Alex Smith?
wink.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: SamIam
Back
Top Bottom