Wow no compeling headline,
Wow no call to action,
Wow not very professional
Wow lame graphics
Wow postal barcode will take out you telephone #
Wow no benefits
Wow no testimonials.

Other than that .................

Sorry if this seems a little harsh. Just trying to help.

If you (or anyone else) want I'll e-mail you my October customer card

Dave-

lesterj2

@ DAVE: i am using them as door hangers & bulletin board flyers... and to say I made them myself I think they are GREAT... oh yeah im not sending through a mailing system so i dont have to worry about the number being covered... but ill take you up on the offer of your Oct. Customer Card...

@ ADMIRALCLEAN: whos Hagopian???

Able 1

Name
Keith
The prices are too low to go out to a job for $35.00 isn't worth it! My first year I was at $55.00 two room and hall $98.00 for 4 rooms and hall. Always have room limits (180 to 200 the norm) or you will be cleaning a whole basement as one room.

Other wise color dose help but just get your name out there and you will figure it out after you do 50 jobs for $35.00 that the price has to go up.

How many are you having printed?

Keith

Mikey P

Administrator
Make it pink and have picture of a couple of shirtless guys vacuuming the floor and a shiffarobe and you'll be vacationing on Necker island next year.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Lester:

Your prices are low, and I'm certain you'll end up having to raise them eventually; however, these bulletin boards can be a double edged sword. They're a great wealth of knowledge and can help you overcome, or even completely avoid, common pitfalls within our industry. They can also cause you to doubt your own inner compass to the point where you are spinning in circles and going nowhere.

I would venture to say that your market is nowhere near being like the Wisconsin market and you PROBABLY have a better knowledge of it than anyone outside of it.

lesterj2

@ ABLE1: i have like 2000 of them made.. and im gonna run an ad in the paper...

@ MIKEY P: that comment you made has me LMAO over here... but seriously I hope I can afford to vacation on some fancy Island this time next year... or better yet atleast to just come chill with some of you guys in some upcoming conventions.

@ADMIRALCLEAN: nobody could have said it any better than the way you put it...

Able 1

Name
Keith
Don't run that ad in the paper use the money for more flyers! Lester I will tell you, you can get enough bus. from the flyer. (but at least bump the prices $10.00) If you have paper boxes in your area stuff them all!

I have done the paper with nothing coming out of it. Listings in the phone book junk.

The lowest price marketing you can do is flyers. Think about it, your sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring from your ad in this or that, while you could be doing flyers.

2,000 isnt enough though, you need more like 50,000 but perfect your copy first.

Keith

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Lester,
How did you settle on 35.00? Why not 25.00 or45.00? There needs to be a reason for selecting a price. If you cannot make money at a price why do it?

Name
Nate W.
Nice job, looks catchy.

Why no disclaimer or square foot limit? I know I wouldn't clean a 1,000 living room and hall for $35. You don't want to set yourself up to fail.

I'd suggest really think about your Total cost of doing business. Would you rather clean 20 homes @ .10 cents a sf, or 10 homes .20 cents a sf?
:)

lesterj2

Mikey P said:
Lester,

What do they get with the Big Shaabang package?
The BIG SHABANG comes with your oven cleaned and kitchen floor (mopped) also your bathrooms and all airvents swept clean of any visible dust... Of course my ladyfriend will come out to these jobs with me so that the bathroom & kitchen will be getting cleaned as soon as the carpet starts... The Deluxe is the same but without the bathrooms..

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Check your e-mail

Spell out to the client what each package includes.

I charge $100 for kitchen & 35-50 per bath.

Whole house cleaning (carpet + house cleaning) $500-$1500

Get what you are worth.

For empty whole house cleaning. Hook up with the real estate offices to get for sale homes.

lesterj2

Dave Yoakum said:
Check your e-mail

Spell out to the client what each package includes.

I charge $100 for kitchen & 35-50 per bath.

Whole house cleaning (carpet + house cleaning) $500-$1500

Get what you are worth.

For empty whole house cleaning. Hook up with the real estate offices to get for sale homes
thanks for the email...

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
I'd emphasize the fact you do both carpet and house cleaning. And, if you're going b&w you can still use pics and grey scale make it perty.

lester.jpg

Bob Foster

Only on Mikey's Board..... very nice Wayne... J2 hope you follow some of the advice. Maybe contact Wayne and make some kind of a deal with him. I'm sure he can work something out with you.

Farenheit251

Lester, you can still do alright with your affordable prices. But you need to have a higher minimum. The 3 rooms for $65 should be it. $35 is just wasting your time and gas. I have a 3 room minimum and the profit from those who add rooms to get 3 is more than the occasional lost job.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If your advertising low prices you will get the customers who want lower prices. unless you have a ton of volume, how can you make any money doing this? Maybe upsale? Not too many upsales in the low end market.

Les, don't call your company "Affordable" you are just asking for people with no money. Maybe call it "Value" or "Reliable"...even then you will get price shoppers.
I wan't to see you make more money than anyone on this board (except me of course :mrgreen: )because I think it would make a great success story

"Started with an old TM and made millions." Listen to some of the gurues. Talk to Ken Snow...he seams to have his poop in a group.

What do you think?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom