Let it be known.

Mikey P

Administrator
that if any of you truck mount manufactures (garage or big timers) are ever caught using Galvanized steel on any current or future units you will banned from Mikey's Board for life.

Shawn York and Vlad can kiss my ass for all the time they wasted on my precious day off.

10 year machine my ass.

BlueLINE are you listening?

Mikey P

Administrator
My Super Swivel was leaking.

I pulled it off to replace the O ring and good god, how the water is even getting to my wand is beyond me.

02 flow if I'm lucky.

Greenie

Tell that to cheap uneducated cleaners....."It's gonna be about 10% more to build this unit "right", but it'll last you 10 years or more, and not have little irritating issues like a live sol. reel falling apart in 3 years".

No sir....give me the cheap stuff....I'll deal with the headaches and loss of business and precious time ... then.

Mikey P

Administrator
No sir....give me the cheap stuff....I'll deal with the headaches and loss of business and precious time

over heard in the Wichita Falls TX Ace Hardware section.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mikey P said:
How did you replace the pipe in the center of your Eagle live reel?

you can do this one of two ways

My way......pitch them in the trash and replace them..

Or

I had heard threw the carpet cleaning grape vine that when I bitched about this way back when..( after I pitched mine out )..AT got wind of it and talked to eagle reels and they made up some stainless shafts for them and can be replaced..I was also told that eagle said that these reel were not intended for water in the fist place that is why they went with the galvanized...Mind you ..this is what I was told I never talked to them personally..but one would think it may be worth a call to Ted and ask...

while you are at it you also might want to check out some of you water lines to and from the cat pump..those were galvanized on mine also...If they are do yourself the favor and take them down to a hose shop and have them remake them in stainless and be done with it...sooner or later that crap is going to start flaking and then you are going to have all kinds of problems like I did.....

Mikey P

Administrator
while you are at it you also might want to check out some of you water lines to and from the cat pump..those were galvanized on mine also...If they are do yourself the favor and take them down to a hose shop and have them remake them in stainless and be done with it...sooner or later that crap is going to start flaking and then you are going to have all kinds of problems like I did.....

done a few years back.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
typical design flaw..there is a lot more machines running around with galvanized parts then what you think......

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have a galvinized elbow on my hose reel and some other gal. plumbing I did to hook it up... :oops: Why dose it flake(is it the chem)? I'm checking mine out tomorrow...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
galvanized parts and water do not mix well ..the water causes it to rust on the inside and it builds up and starts restricting everything....after awhile the rust starts to flake off and creates problems to some of your other parts...

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Something like this...............

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1154-1.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

AT has some new hose reels that they developed that is supposed to kill this issue. I have not seen them or talked to anyone in detail about them. I replace all my internal hoses and fittings after I was getting junk in my check valves after every job. You can replace the hoses and galv fittings 7 times before the SS pay for themselves - already priced them out.

I needed/wanted heavier duty hoses internally anyway to run higher pressure for paver work, so it worked out ok after having one of the hoses blow anyway.

Greenie

Not intended to be used for Water?

um...they make pressure washing hose reels...what are they washing with, hot air?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Greenie said:
Not intended to be used for Water?

um...they make pressure washing hose reels...what are they washing with, hot air?

I was under the impression those were made for air...Like I said this is just what I had heard ...never dug into it any further because I just replaced mine and went with the 3/8 high pressure hose feed to the swivel....

much better to deal with...I think it was up there with one of the first things I did because I wanted to get the reels off the floor out of my way..so I built a frame inside of the vacuum hose reel frame to support them and hung them on the side...

100_3644-1.jpg

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Whats the chances they make them this way so you will replace them down the road?

I'm sure no manufacturer would make something just so it would go bad later :lol:

Mikey P

Administrator
admiralclean said:
Did you ever fix you lights in the back?

And, who did you get to fix your roll-up door awhile back?

I'll be working on finding the fuse or lost ground over the holidays and I fixed the door myself.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Doug Cox said:
[quote="Mikey P":3j8fgkw3]over heard in the Wichita Falls TX Ace Hardware section.

Damn, another zinger from Mikey. Funny shit!![/quote:3j8fgkw3]

That was funny..I bet everyone with a EZ is out there turning a pipe wrench as we speak......

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I am glad I own a truck mount with a non rusting aluminum frame, brass, copper, and stainless steel right down to the screws. Too bad they don't make them like that anymore. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom