Lets have some fun helping the BDCC 5k in 30 days challenge..

John Olson

Name
John Olson
With all the suggestions and "chest thumping" in the dark days thread, I decided to take Ken's advice and split the thread into something real.

Here is the deal. Lets here 1 suggestions from everyone that they think a BDCC can take and implement that will bring them in 5k in the next 30 days (in the bank)
We will vote and decide which would be the best and then we can vote on 3 guys willing to take it and run with it. The person who does the best with the suggestion will win a case of Prochem Chemicals from me and if any other suppliers want to jump in and donate to this contest/experiment they are welcome too

So what do you think you guys want to do this?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Well.... The number one thing should be calling EVERY past client, offer a free hall or 20 bucks off. Don't give away a lot. Or even better, just offer a discount on scotchgard(an upsell). You are really just looking for a reason to call.

After EVERY last client, I'd call business.

If it were me, I'd pay my wife/family/anyone(other than me) to do it.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
I would postcard bomb my entire customer base with a 15% off offer. We have over 5 k customers on file and know we would become very overwhelmed with work very quickly

15% is the max we every give off so our customers would jump on it hard

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The easiest way to grow. Is to simply maximize every job you do. With proper sales techniques you can easily increase your bottom line by 50% or more. Adding protector, extra rooms and furniture while you are already at home of someone that has a current relationship with your company is almost too easy. Read some sale books. I like Tom Hopkins or listen to him while driving. Learn several closes and how to use them. Learn how to control the situation and the conversation by asking questions. Learn to LOVE the word NO and how to then turn it to a YES. Practice with your wife. role play role play , role play. One can be the client the other the cleaner. Practice handling objections. Have fun, Be the pro, work on eye contact, Match your client's personality and comfort level. Set goals. Don't push your client instead help them with the benefits t5hat only you can offer. Be the helpful friend and above all sincerely put your client first.

Last edited:

Able 1

Name
Keith
Flyers... Do them ANYTIME you are not working and you will make $5,000 in 30 days(if you have a good flyer).

After you get rolling go after apartment complexes for the monthly pay check.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Ill take a swing. Ive done this. You have to find the most notable owner/operator in town. Approach him see if you can take care of his over flow and give him 30 percent of the ticket. He can bill it out under his name. Trick is finding the ONE guy in town that everybody thinks is the High end guru. You get to know his customers then eventually buy him out. These kinds of customers dont use anybody else and will never call you. Go find THAT guy. Ask around to find out who is that guy. Act like you are trying to find a carpet cleaner and start asking around who they use. I did this five years ago. Found THAT guy gave him my business card at a gas station. A year later somebody ran a red light smoked his van put him in the hospital and his wife called me cuz she got the card from him and wanted to know if I would take over the business until THAT guy got back on his feet. I did. Well in Sept I took over the business. The overflow work they gave me kept me in business. Olson when Dan pulls this off send my winnings to him.

Golden Boy

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
I'd put out 200 of my best direct response flyers per day, 5 days per week. It's highly mechanical, not a lot of fun, but it should kick off $2000 or so of work. That won't get him all the way home, but it's a start. Obviously, marketing to his own clients, per Dave Gill's advice, should be job number 1. Gentle upselling, per Dave Yokum's advice, should be right behind that. Then you're back to flyers and sales visits to retailers, commercial accounts, interior designers, etc.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I'd put out 200 of my best direct response flyers per day, 5 days per week. It's highly mechanical, not a lot of fun, but it should kick off $2000 or so of work. That won't get him all the way home, but it's a start. Obviously, marketing to his own clients, per Dave Gill's advice, should be job number 1. Gentle upselling, per Dave Yokum's advice, should be right behind that. Then you're back to flyers and sales visits to retailers, commercial accounts, interior designers, etc.

The thread mentions the ONE thing that will bring business. But like Jeff is noting. It's not one thing. IT"S EVERYTHING!!! From grooming, appearance, professional looking marketing materials, 5 arounds, knocking on doors, Website(SEO), Flyers, mailing to past clients, having your clients refer their friends, magnets, setting up referral groups, professional looking van and signage, uniforms, sales training, maximizing every job, Working with centers of influences.......

Reactions: Art Kelley

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Ill take a swing. Ive done this. You have to find the most notable owner/operator in town. Approach him see if you can take care of his over flow and give him 30 percent of the ticket. He can bill it out under his name. Trick is finding the ONE guy in town that everybody thinks is the High end guru. You get to know his customers then eventually buy him out. These kinds of customers dont use anybody else and will never call you. Go find THAT guy. Ask around to find out who is that guy. Act like you are trying to find a carpet cleaner and start asking around who they use. I did this five years ago. Found THAT guy gave him my business card at a gas station. A year later somebody ran a red light smoked his van put him in the hospital and his wife called me cuz she got the card from him and wanted to know if I would take over the business until THAT guy got back on his feet. I did. Well in Sept I took over the business. The overflow work they gave me kept me in business. Olson when Dan pulls this off send my winnings to him.

Golden Boy

So your suggestion is to: #1. Find the best cleaner in town. #2. Give him a card. #3.Hope that he has a terrible accident that incapacitates him. LOL!!!!! Now that is funny!!

Reactions: Art Kelley

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Come on guys come up with a plan. Then Pick 3 people willing to run with it for 30 days. They have to post weekly reports with copies of bank deposits. Ill supply the prize...can you guys do that?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
ok so lets assume he has no real customer base to pull off of..

i started my business with door knockers..we hung thousands of them and got a shit load of business from it too..

if there is a single thing that a bdcc to raise 5g in a month i am gunna say its door knockers.

out of the 30 day month if he worked 22 days thats only 222.00 a day..

the key is to knock on doors and pound the streets..then once you do the great job you will do you must ask for referrals..offer a 10 % or 15% discount to both parties if they get you a friend or family member
to do a cleaning that same week..you will bring them the money after the referred person gets cleaned and will take the discount off the referred on the spot..

anyone that actually works at it can make 222.00 a day..

heck if you break it down to working all 30 days thats only 166.a day.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
go around knocking on doors...
when they open up the door
THROW a handfull of dirt in side the room......
THEN offer them a FREE demo.........

Reactions: TimM

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
By the time he gets his postcards, flyers or door hangers designed addressed and sent out his month is up.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
It won't start till the day he has materials in hand. No postcards to mail.

Direct contact for immediate action.

5000 door knockers with a 1% response has him covered

He will be tired from walking but if he is smart he will ASK the customers he does for referrals with incentive to book their work fast.

There were times when I would go out with no jobs and by 11 I had 3 to do that day. A little work and asking for referrals gos a long way

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom