Lets Help Greg Cole

rick imby

Name
Rick
Lisa

Next you are going to tell me that my Snickers and Coke that I have for lunch every day is not healthy and That some "natural" POS Granola Bar is better for me. And that a Semi Truck parked out front of a house with Green Cleaning Logo is actually green Cleaning.

**********Admiration is the daughter of ignorance. Benjamin Franklin

Magic Jack

Cell Phone Yearly Plan

Cricket

Net 10 Yearly Plan

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Come on over Rick. I'll make you an egg white and vegetable omelette and we'll discuss it. Right after I finish my diet coke.... Ivebeensold

take care,
Lisa

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
truckmount girl said:
Greg,

IThe point of the thread, if i am understanding it correctly, is that you leave the impression with customers via your marketing material, that dry cleaning is the only or at least the preferred method for cleaning berber carpet. The industry is telling you that you are wrong and is a bit irked you are diseminating false information. Berber carpet is one of the easiest carpets to clean via HWE because, being solution dyed, it does not hold stains and being olefin, it does not retain moisture, so it is much easier to remove the solutions applied. It's only issue is an affinity for oily soil, which with the proper chemistry, is easily remedied. it is virtually the easiest carpet to clean.

Your business model is not so much the subject as the misinformation you are broadcasting. It would be like Hostess proclaiming that Twinkies are healthy and nutritious, and you wondering why the rest of the food industry is upset at you. You can say, "but my marketing works!" but it doesn't matter, because the information being marketed is false and misleading, no wonder those who bother to compound truly healthy, nutritious foods have a problem with it.

This is integrity in advertising. It often runs against the biggest and easiest dollar, but truth in advertising is a foundation of a good and trustworthy business. This is one area I see differences in the marketing of Mr. Cole, vs. the marketing of Mr. Snow. I've not seen Mr. Snow advertise anything untrue.

Take care,
Lisa

Thanks Lisa. Greg is being very coy about the the berber issue and prefers to change the subject to his helping feed the families of his employees in this tough economy. I'm sure everyone here would agree that his ability to employ and pay good wages to his people is admirable. No one will fault him for his success. My whole point of this thread was whatever problem he had in the past with complaints and redos on berber jobs can easily be resolved with the proper techniques that most everyone here could explain to him and it is asinine to resort to using dry cleaning because of those difficulties in the past. And the worst thing hes doing is masking that problem with a huge disinformation campaign. One mans ignorance is polluting the whole Atlanta market.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
doesn't matter Doug. It took you 27 yrs to learn what I got my first year so that is an indication of how well you do. You are so good you probably have an unlisted number and don't advertise anywhere oh wait thats me

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Matt Murdock said:
doesn't matter Doug. It took you 27 yrs to learn what I got my first year so that is an indication of how well you do. You are so good you probably have an unlisted number and don't advertise anywhere oh wait thats me

Would you fookers get off this thread?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
art besides being the biggest loser on the bioards what do you do. Go hand with Doug "likes" Cox

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Sorry Greg- But I have to go knock off 6 of your 25.00 a room specials. That should give you enough time to get out of your jammies and whack off.

Ryan

Rambo said:
The Carpet Cleaning Business is a cruel and shallow money trench,a long plastic hallway where theives and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There is also a negative side.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Harper;

Thanks for the advice.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Ryan said:
Rambo said:
The Carpet Cleaning Business is a cruel and shallow money trench,a long plastic hallway where theives and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There is also a negative side.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Harper;

Thanks for the advice.

This is hilarious. It appears that everytime my name goes in a thread- it hits at least 3 -4 pages and goes for days. Very amusing!

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
That's cause you are the Paris Hilton of carpet cleaning. The one they love to hate, but secretly wish they had your stack.

:wink:

take care,
Lisa

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Art Kelley said:
[quote="truckmount girl":plxk4nqm]Greg,

IThe point of the thread, if i am understanding it correctly, is that you leave the impression with customers via your marketing material, that dry cleaning is the only or at least the preferred method for cleaning berber carpet. The industry is telling you that you are wrong and is a bit irked you are diseminating false information. Berber carpet is one of the easiest carpets to clean via HWE because, being solution dyed, it does not hold stains and being olefin, it does not retain moisture, so it is much easier to remove the solutions applied. It's only issue is an affinity for oily soil, which with the proper chemistry, is easily remedied. it is virtually the easiest carpet to clean.

Your business model is not so much the subject as the misinformation you are broadcasting. It would be like Hostess proclaiming that Twinkies are healthy and nutritious, and you wondering why the rest of the food industry is upset at you. You can say, "but my marketing works!" but it doesn't matter, because the information being marketed is false and misleading, no wonder those who bother to compound truly healthy, nutritious foods have a problem with it.

This is integrity in advertising. It often runs against the biggest and easiest dollar, but truth in advertising is a foundation of a good and trustworthy business. This is one area I see differences in the marketing of Mr. Cole, vs. the marketing of Mr. Snow. I've not seen Mr. Snow advertise anything untrue.

Take care,
Lisa

Thanks Lisa. Greg is being very coy about the the berber issue and prefers to change the subject to his helping feed the families of his employees in this tough economy. I'm sure everyone here would agree that his ability to employ and pay good wages to his people is admirable. No one will fault him for his success. My whole point of this thread was whatever problem he had in the past with complaints and redos on berber jobs can easily be resolved with the proper techniques that most everyone here could explain to him and it is asinine to resort to using dry cleaning because of those difficulties in the past. And the worst thing hes doing is masking that problem with a huge disinformation campaign. One mans ignorance is polluting the whole Atlanta market.[/quote:plxk4nqm]

Lisa - you are the one that is aguing that Scotchgard doesn't work! Seriously- do we want to talk about mis-information?

Let's be clear- there is no ignorance. One man's decision to be creative in solving a solution is making it hard for his competition to compete. No disinformation. Steam cleaning with high alkaline detergents can cause chemical yellowing- Are there other solutions- perhaps but mine kills 2 birds with one stone.. :lol:

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
truckmount girl said:
That's cause you are the Paris Hilton of carpet cleaning. The one they love to hate, but secretly wish they had your stack.

:wink:

take care,
Lisa

LOL! you have said some mean things- but that was just cruel! lol :p

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
gregcole said:
Art Kelley said:
[quote="truckmount girl":2iwqv7dq]Greg,

Take care,
Lisa

Thanks Lisa. Greg is being very coy about the the berber issue and prefers to change the subject to his helping feed the families of his employees in this tough economy. I'm sure everyone here would agree that his ability to employ and pay good wages to his people is admirable. No one will fault him for his success. My whole point of this thread was whatever problem he had in the past with complaints and redos on berber jobs can easily be resolved with the proper techniques that most everyone here could explain to him and it is asinine to resort to using dry cleaning because of those difficulties in the past. And the worst thing hes doing is masking that problem with a huge disinformation campaign. One mans ignorance is polluting the whole Atlanta market.

Lisa - you are the one that is aguing that Scotchgard doesn't work! Seriously- do we want to talk about mis-information?

Let's be clear- there is no ignorance. One man's decision to be creative in solving a solution is making it hard for his competition to compete. No disinformation. Steam cleaning with high alkaline detergents can cause chemical yellowing- Are there other solutions- perhaps but mine kills 2 birds with one stone.. :lol:[/quote:2iwqv7dq]

perhaps you should wait on the scotchguard analogy until Mr. pemberton finishes his testing. Second, I highly doubt SG is being applied by your subs at the rates recommended by the manufacturer. Certainly that is just my opinion, but I'd place a lot of money on it. Of course they won't tell YOU that.

On a side note, how do you ensure a sub is not performing or charging for additional upsells and not reporting them to you, pocketing the difference between original ticket and final sale?

Take care,
Lisa

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Pmatte said:
Greg,

The photo in question is the one where one guy is one pretending to clean upholstery and the other is standing with a wand.My wife was hired by the "photographer" that you hired(Kelly),since she didn't have her own gear,but wasn't paid. I don't care if you have the rights ....BIG flippin deal. None of that was point duh.

Just pointing out that with all the money you rip,one would think you could spring for something taken in this century

The ads on the site are old and need updating.

What I don't care for is someone getting on the boards,jumping onto a soap box and then getting on the cross.

I paid the photographer the day of the photo shoot. If your wife was there I don't remember her and it really isn't my problem if she didn't get paid by the photographer. It isn't my cusomters problem if I don't pay my helper and it wouldn't be my customers problem if I didn't. If she got screwed out of $20 bucks- that is between her and the photographer. Since it was 16 years ago - perhaps she should get over it? First I've heard of this - but at least now I have a good story!

The fact that you are suggesting that I change something that I have spent millions branding is absurd and shows how little you know about marketing.
The site is new- both procarpet.net and callprocarpet.com were created in the last few months.
For the record- I didn't ask for this post to be put up. In fact I didn't join Mikeys board until I discovered I was being torn apart and decided to answer. No soap Box - but certainly will defend myself... Best of luck.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
gregcole said:

Steam cleaning with high alkaline detergents can cause chemical yellowing- Are there other solutions- perhaps but mine kills 2 birds with one stone.. :lol:[/quote]

Now we are getting to the crux of the problem. You are steam cleaning all carpets with high pH emulsfiers and the berbers show the immediate problems. Wool and other natural fibers will be problematic for your guys with this process also. Hopefully the IICRC class will be of some help this week. I can't think of a better use for it.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Lisa

I'm not publishing the results of my tests; I'm encouraging others to do their own. No one should take my word for it, they should see the results (or lack thereof) for themselves.

When I did my own tests on this last piece (PET/Polyester) I had some surprising results that flew in the face of "conventional wisdom", so I'm going to run the test again on another section of polyester while I also set up those scenarios on "stripped down" (protector removed) nylon.

The only hint I'll give you is to test a variety of "rinsing" systems along with your protector test.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Jim Pemberton said:
Lisa

I'm not publishing the results of my tests; I'm encouraging others to do their own. No one should take my word for it, they should see the results (or lack thereof) for themselves.

When I did my own tests on this last piece (PET/Polyester) I had some surprising results that flew in the face of "conventional wisdom", so I'm going to run the test again on another section of polyester while I also set up those scenarios on "stripped down" (protector removed) nylon.

The only hint I'll give you is to test a variety of "rinsing" systems along with your protector test.

Lisa,

I am curious - did you perform the test that I challenged you to do in your living room carpet? If so - you should see a clean area that says "GREG" in the middle of your carpet! That's proof enough for me that it works!

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Jim Pemberton said:
Lisa

So you let some people on this board intimidate you :roll: I doesn't speak well for you in my eyes. But hey... You got to do what you think is best for you and your buisness, We wouldn't want to offend or upset anybody. Humm...maybe you can PM people with your results, The ones who are interest. :mrgreen:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Read my previous posts on the subject. I'm interested in cleaners testing their products and processes, not taking anyone's word for it.

Listing how a variety of products performed here would only be hearsay and perhaps be perceived by some as an attempt to sell my products here on MB; something that I've scrupulously avoided since MB began in 10/06.

How that speaks of my character in your eyes is something beyond my control, Mr Cohen.

Name
I'm Rick James
Jim Pemberton said:
Read my previous posts on the subject Mr Cohen. I'm interested in cleaners testing their products and processes, not taking anyone's word for it.

"truth is a pathless land"

:shock:

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
How that speaks of my character in your eyes is something beyond my control, Mr Cohen.

So exactly what was the post of posting you were doing the test?
The way I read it you were going to do the test, post your results and to changed your mind based on a few people who might have been upset or disagreed with your results. Am I wrong? And the Mr Cohen stuff is not necessary :roll: You seem to offend very easily Jim, and thats not a good thing, if you want to get into a back and fourth on this board. Just my opinion though, I hope you weren't offened by it. :wink:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
"Mr Cohen" is old fashioned respect; I don't know you at all. Forgive an aging man his courtesy that appeared to be cold.

I can understand why you might have interpreted that post in that way. In earlier posts I have suggested that everyone test their own stuff to come to their own conclusions.

If anyone: Supplier, instructor, boss, anyone tells someone something that is sprayed on that is invisible works, there's a bit of faith that has to be involved. I find that most good hearted cleaners are concerned that they not sell their customers a "bill of goods" when it comes to protector. It also seems too many in our industry just spray on water or underapply the product, which creates more misunderstanding.

Its a pain to run your own tests (took me an hour and a half to set up everything and a month since), but I think its critical.

So I'm not being coy with results, nor concerned how I'm perceived here. I think my dues are well paid in that regard.

In all events, please forgive my thin skinned response. We ok now.......Jaime? :)

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
I swear this is too funny - 85 posts and counting! They long stopped talking about me but rather are discussing Scotchgard! Too funny!
Well, I will be off grid for a few day. Headed to FL to inspect the final buildout of the new office down there. Have fun! Perhaps it will be at 150 posts by the time I get back

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I will be golfing in Pawleys SC this week. We need 1 more to even out our 35 to get to 36 guys

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
gregcole said:
I swear this is too funny - 85 posts and counting! They long stopped talking about me but rather are discussing Scotchgard! Too funny!
Well, I will be off grid for a few day. Headed to FL to inspect the final buildout of the new office down there. Have fun! Perhaps it will be at 150 posts by the time I get back

Have fun Paris!

Take care,
Lisa

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
truckmount girl said:
gregcole said:

Have fun Paris!

Take care,
Lisa

LOL! Does that make you Kanye? :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom