Lets look at this from another angle.......

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
If I had the nuts to raise my prices and do everything that I wanted to do, the first addition to my service would be Air-Scrubbers running the whole time I was there. Not only do we clean the carpet, we clean the air. Then, when they notice that the fresh air they had quickly went away after they turned on the heater, we would have literature in place to steer them towards a duct cleaning.

Good idea or no?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
With a prespray that addresses the bacteria/virus issue to knock them down before you extract why would you want to use a vacuum to possibly make them airborne?

And it shouldn't be any trouble for a TM vac system to suck out and clean a 1/2 inch fiber?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
The most important part of the vacuum to the client is that the vacuum look new ( is clean!). As long as the vac looks new they wont even ask about it. As far as the filter goes if it needs vacuum and they want it cheap but its going to cost you time later cleaning the filter just vacuum it! Your job is going to look and be better and its going to set your apart from the hacks! Everytime I dont vac I either regret it when I look at the job and know I could of done better or when I just finished a job don't have time to stop and clean all the unneccesary hair and junk out because I have an emergency flood call and they need us over there a.s.a.p. . Thats my 2cents!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
So then its a no-win situation.

Either we vacuum and remove that soil, which is dust and viruses etc that are in the carpet already, with some of it getting back into the air from which it will settle again,
Or we clean half the soil from the carpet, removing some of the dust and viruses etc, leaving the other half buried in the carpet, but not putting anything back into the air.

Which is the lesser of two weavles?

Use a vacuum cleaner that you hook up to your truck. Nasties go outside and there's no odors or contamination. You really can't beat the vacuum of a truck with any 120v vacuum cleaner.

The problem is that all of the vacuum driven tools on the market (with the exception of a pile lifter hooked to a truck) are too lightweight to stand up for long. I was asked by a manufacturer to give some specs for an intended heavy duty truck driven vacuum, and told him it would sell if he could price it between $250 and $350. He found too few cleaners willing to pay more than $150 for a vacuum, so he scrapped the project.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
using the TM to vac is now going to run more money, fuel, wear and tear, not to mention extra effort pulling that 2" hose all over the place twice.

The way people talk about hepa cleaning and cross contamination, makes me laugh a bit. Must have started in Cali!! Good grief. Anyone over 30 should be dead by now!
don't drink out of the same bottle as someone else
antibacterial hand soap
geeeez, I can't remember all of them, it was on some email a while back.

We are living so clean no days, filtered water, scrubbed air, etc etc, that the slightest bug nails us and puts us on our butt for a week.

Is it so controversial to just say, "remove the soil from the carpet"?

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I'm with Ladwig on the vacuuming. If my super sucker isn't getting that crud out then it was to deep for a vacuum too. I had a ss filter basket made that's 12" deep. After a couple of jobs I scrape the crude to the bottom to get me through the day. If it gets too bad I clean it or change to the bag filter. I hate vacuuming. I use to do janitorial work and vacuumed about 15,000' per night. That is until I tore my shoulder up (vacuuming) and had to have surgery. Twice. I also have to run the vacuum at my house at least once per day. No one else knows how to use it. And another thing. Vacuuming is the customers job. We are there to get the stuff out that vacuuming doesn't get. If the customer never bothers, there isn't any hope for the carpet anyway.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
KevinL said:
If the customer never bothers, there isn't any hope for the carpet anyway.

Very good point, but you haven't changed me from my vacuuming ways

hogjowl

Idiot™
I can't speak for the others on this thread who have spoken up on this subject, but my intention was never to try and sway anyone one way or another. All I am trying to do is put some rational thought into an otherwise polarizing subject. Folks who prevacuum should, at least, be open minded enough to understand why some don't.

Often times, it's not because they are hacks. It's because of financial constraints.

In the end, it's not what you do, or how you do it that matters. What matters is how you leave the customer feeling, and if you were able to make a profit off of the exchange.

Cameron1

admiralclean said:
I can't speak for the others on this thread who have spoken up on this subject, but my intention was never to try and sway anyone one way or another. All I am trying to do is put some rational thought into an otherwise polarizing subject. Folks who prevacuum should, at least, be open minded enough to understand why some don't.

Often times, it's not because they are hacks. It's because of financial constraints.

In the end, it's not what you do, or how you do it that matters. What matters is how you leave the customer feeling, and if you were able to make a profit off of the exchange.

Mr. Marty's on to something here..........most will be a head of the game if they re read his post.

people will forget what you did..........people will forget what you said..........but people will never forget how ya made em feel.

G

I have been cleaning for 20 + years and never seen mud form in carpet!!!!

People say this vaccum has more suction than this one! My truckmount has 100 times more
suction than the vaccum cleaners, and my bag fills up with crap as well, For me its just a wasted extra step
and time out of my life so I just let the truckmount do it for me!!!!

Mikey P

Administrator

Just too fat and unobservant.

Get down on all fours some time and dig around on a past SS customer.

Ive seen it more times than I can count.

Cameron1

Steve Lillard said:

People say this vaccum has more suction than this one! My truckmount has 100 times more
suction than the vaccum cleaners, and my bag fills up with crap as well, For me its just a wasted extra step
and time out of my life so I just let the truckmount do it for me!!!!

[HERE! ]Here! STEVE LILLARD FOR PRESIDENT

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom