Let's play "this guy's a genius"

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Just tell how someone on here has come up with something that was almost life changing or at least pretty cool.

I'll go first: The guy that discovered that you can clear a jet by scrubbing it with a metal wire toothbrush. That works so great I almost never have to take my jets off to clean them out. BTW You do have to have the trigger on while scrubbing the tips.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
FLYERMAN said:
Just tell how someone on here has come up with something that was almost life changing or at least pretty cool.

I'll go first: The guy that discovered that you can clear a jet by scrubbing it with a metal wire toothbrush. That works so great I almost never have to take my jets off to clean them out. BTW You do have to have the trigger on while scrubbing the tips.

One up that Ken- I think the guy that discovered and installed the inline filter for your pressure line is definitely tops the wire brush solution.

I can go on for years on my wands without touching the jets. Keep the inline filter clean and your system descaled properly and you will never think about your jets again.... Or at least until they wear out and have a different spray pattern.

I'd have to say for myself the custom made greenhorn and greenglides are what is a big deal in this business.

Name
R.J. Povio
Im loving the Sticky Tabs for sure!

Heat exchangers....yes they wear the TM engine more...but its nice not having to fill up another tank (diesel, kerosene or propane). Not to mention smell from Kerosene....cant beat kerosene heat though!

Stain Magic and Red Relief..... those products have helped me prove to my customers after the average job carpet cleaning guy could not remove.....or maybe didnt take the time to remove stains that their carpet can be saved. Especially on the apartment complex carpets

Mytee for making the lint hog.....that thing is amazingly strong.....waaaaaay stronger than the Hydro Filter. It saves from digging in a stinky hot waste water tank. Plus you can see room by room and job by job how much crap you can pull out of someones carpet

Enymatic Pre Spray!!! I donk care if you have a Vortex or a Spitfire.....if you DONT NOT HAVE THE RIGHT PRE SPRAY JUICE ON A REALLY TRASHED CARPET......YOU WILL NOT GET IT AS CLEAN AS SOMEONE WHO HAS THE PROPER PRESPRAY MIX. IT ALSO TAKES THE ADDITIONAL STROKES OUT OF TRYING TO CLEAN THE CARPET AS WELL.

browning treatment.....how easy when a spot wicks up or comes back....a couple of squirts and a rub with a towel and you go from zero to hero in the custys eyes!

Solvent to remove gum, grease, tar, paint and candy....try rinsing those out with just plain water

Ford for giving us trucks that are paid for and fully functional 6 to 8 years after the payments are made. Nothing like driving a "FREE" paid for carpet cleaning set up!!!

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
my jets get clogged all the time and it drives me crazy!!
I will try the brush thing and if it works I will jump for joy!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Online BB
Talking about changing the learning curve

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
XTREME1 said:
Online BB
Talking about changing the learning curve

I hear the sound of the nail hitting the head.

If it weren't for BB's there would still be guys clearing their jets with wire brushes instead of using inline filters on their tools! BTW, jets should be changed WAY before you notice a difference in spray pattern. Every 3-6 months for brass and every 6-12 months for stainless. Using a wire brush (or needle or other such instrument) on your jets will distort the spray and enlarge the holes, PLEASE use inline filters!

Take care,
Lisa

Mikey P

Administrator
you should all be thanking Evan and Guerkink for banning me

Lisa, are you sure a somewhat distorted spray pattern is an issue?

Look at the Studebaker tools as an example..

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
FLYERMAN said:

Thank you, thank you ,thank you
This worked great, I had an upholstery tool sitting on the shelf that had clogged jets that I could not get the jets off because it was in the tool and the screws were stripped so i could not take it apart(was gonna drill out the screws when i got a free minute, which would be never) I tried the wire brush trick and boom my favorite tool is back in business.

I feel kinda stupid for no thinking of this on my own.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Mikey P said:
you should all be thanking Evan and Guerkink for banning me

Lisa, are you sure a somewhat distorted spray pattern is an issue?

Look at the Studebaker tools as an example..

He says modestly :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom