Let's Talk Drying Rugs

Ron K

Tom, Trane and I think more manufacturers make Fixed Plate Air Exchangers wouldn't they work?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
It's fascinating what some guys have come up with to make effective dry rooms for their rug hanging systems. Robert Pettyjohn's rug washing facility displays a great use of space and time. Lots of companies use free standing drying towers like we make, or others as seen here. Yet, instead of dehumidifying the whole shop, Mr. Pettyjohn's water damage drying experience led him to make containment curtains as featured in these pictures. He dries in hours with pumping heat in. High heat makes for a healthy rug too!

IMG_1981_zps6fd676c7.jpg

photo_zps9184667c.jpg

Our next Centrum Force Rug Summit will be near Raleigh, NC. Those attending will be able to see his shop with all its cool features.

Here is the same concept from Zerorez in Atlanta:

zerorez2_zps74140aa0.jpg

zerorez1_zps5b34a3ee.jpg

I was actually thinking of the same idea using 20x100 6 mil plastic w/ heat drying and or LGR Dehu's, I can see the material they've found is more durable and heavier as well.

More info on the plastic material they are using and where to purchase it from?

Thanks,
Bill

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
At Rug Summit 6 we talked about this drying system. In my opinion a most profound explanatory statement was made by Charlie Cressy concerning the drying of textiles. The question was poised: When was the last time you took your clothes out of the washing machine and tried to dry them with fans and dehumidifiers? You don't! You put them in a clothes dryer and predictably dry them every time in 30-45 minutes. The principle is simple: Heat dry rugs and exhaust the wet air out. Its efficient and quick and predictable not matter what the outside weather condition proves to be. (Plastic curtains are found everywhere)

A nice presentation during the ARCS Conference was made on the same subject by an in-plant Moore Equipment Facility owner that has a big conveyor system and a big drying chamber.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
At Rug Summit 6 we talked about this drying system. In my opinion a most profound explanatory statement was made by Charlie Cressy concerning the drying of textiles. The question was poised: When was the last time you took your clothes out of the washing machine and tried to dry them with fans and dehumidifiers? You don't! You put them in a clothes dryer and predictably dry them every time in 30-45 minutes. The principle is simple: Heat dry rugs and exhaust the wet air out. Its efficient and quick and predictable not matter what the outside weather condition proves to be. (Plastic curtains are found everywhere)

A nice presentation during the ARCS Conference was made on the same subject by an in-plant Moore Equipment Facility owner that has a big conveyor system and a big drying chamber.

Yes I understand the concept.

I found some info here on sizing and pricing. This would be a good option for the smaller shops that do not have a fully built drying chamber but still want to get the benefits of heat drying.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/ecatalog/N-/Ntt-plastic+curtain

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
wow I cant help to wonder if this drying system is over kill unless you live in the south where constant humid and muggy conditions are found

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom