Lets talk Hydroforces.

Mikey P

Administrator
What wears out on yours the most?
The small rubber O ring that the ball bearing sits on for me.

What color metering tip do you use?
Have you bucket tested it?

When you replace the O rings do you replace all the clear plastic tid bits, spring and ball in the kit as well?

How often do you rebuild your's?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
IMO..they were probably the best thing out there when they were first designed and were trouble free.........But I don't think that they have kept up with the changing world of cc and there machines...the higher psi and higher temps..

heat is this tools down fall.....

steve g

Name
steve garrett
What wears out on yours the most? nothing 6 years and still going strong
The small rubber O ring that the ball bearing sits on for me.

What color metering tip do you use? dunno whatever one it came with, 1:9??
Have you bucket tested it? no, it works and draws chemical just fine

When you replace the O rings do you replace all the clear plastic tid bits, spring and ball in the kit as well? never

How often do you rebuild your's? never had to rebuild one

I can also ad that I worked for a company where I had to keep 6 trucks running, never seen an HF failure that was not operator abuse or error, it was mainly busted fittings, trigger guns, and the occasional clogged filter. we had a prochem bear, that ran its preheat water back to the fresh tank, the last 2/3 of that tank the machine would run at 250 or better, if you stopped you would get wand sizzle and steam, noticed no ill effects with this units sprayer either, quite simply the HF sprayer is the best sprayer EVER built, its a shame that so many here don't seem smart enough to know it and use one

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Steve, you're telling us those HF's you used drew chem at 250 temps??

I bet you guys didn't go through much pre-spray in a month:roll: :roll:

I'd also venture guess you went thru plenty Tm emulsifier.
Cause my guess is, that's all you were spraying on the carpet thru those HFs

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
at 250 you are not drawing chemical.............your vaporizing it............... its a shame that so many don't seem smart enough to know it and keep screwing them selfs...............

steve g

Name
steve garrett
you set up hoses spray a room, clean room,

groom carpet, block furniture if neeed, pull back hoses, turn on ceiling fans, all this time the 250 degree water has cooled in the hose, hook up HF sprayer the amount of cooler water in the hose would normally be enough to prespray the next room, good grief its not that complicated, my current machine runs from 200 to 250 ATM depending on how I am using it. never had a problem with chemical draw.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Kinda funny that Steve has never had a problem with any and the rest of us can't keep them working. We must be really stupid that we don't know how to use one. Or Steve is a genius.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I use mine without the metering tip and don't have any problems. I have never seen it not pull chemical out of the jug. It may not be acurate but it certainly is close enough. I know I tend to put my PS down heavier than others might so I mix it a little lighter in the jug. With the multisprayer I didn't feel like I got enough coverage so I had to pre-scrub more often.

Greenie

I am convinced a higher flow tip (Rex's pressure washing 4.5gpm 40º white) is the answer to a finicky HF, especially if the guy has a high heat machine.

I'm not doubting Stevie G., our experience is our experience, but I'm wondering if the water in 100' of 1/4" sol. line is enough to spray out a room, probably not the way I liked to HydroSoak em'.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
see I am not the only one who has great results with them :lol: also keep in mind that using up the cooler water thats been sitting in the solution hose means that the super hot water that has been reintroduced into the now cooler hose has to reheat the hose all over again, thus cooling the first little bit of new water thats in there, at least thats what I think is happening, yeah I have seen one not draw chemical but its generally when the machine is putting out pure steam or close to it.

Rex Tyus

Greenie said:
I am convinced a higher flow tip (Rex's pressure washing 4.5gpm 40º white) is the answer to a finicky HF, especially if the guy has a high heat machine.

I'm not doubting Stevie G., our experience is our experience, but I'm wondering if the water in 100' of 1/4" sol. line is enough to spray out a room, probably not the way I liked to HydroSoak em'.

The super soaker definately pulls juice when the standard tip doesn't. But, I have not been able to draw juice at 250 even with the super soaker. As soon as I finish my summer projects I am gonna be doing more specific testing and metering though.

I am not doubting him either btw. I remember Harley posting quite awhile back about being able to HF at high temps. I forget what his trick was but he had some suggestions to make it work better.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I think it was meAt who said once to me online "you can clean them you know and they won't rot" now I keep mine nice and clean and have no problems.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I had the Vortex up to 290 one day and was using the hydro force

I was using Trashed Green in the hydro force and could smell the chemical coming out when prespraying, then the hydroforce kind of melted inside

I don't know what ratio it was drawing but it was pulling some chemical out of it

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I have had two hydroforces in twenty years.
About ten on the first on and about ten on this one.
I have no idea what you people are talking about.
Must be the stuff you run through them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom