Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Ofer Kolton said:
No Zee and Frank, you did not get it.
EXACTLY! NOT!!
This was the point I made a few posts before:

[quote="Ofer Kolton":3gowuwvc]
......if one needs to use a higher Ph than the warranty requires, the client should be advised. And be the one to make that decision (with the cleaner's input and explanation.)
After all: It is their property, their warranty and their decision to make.
As a good carpet cleaner, you should advise them what you think would work best.
Give them the choice, yet, it is their property and their final decision to make. Making that decision for them without getting their approval is both patronizing and disrespectful.

True, most clients when given that choice (I've done it) will choose the better cleaning results over maintaining the warranty. However, most heavily soiled carpets do not require to be nuked. They can be cleaned very well with fifth generation approved products by increasing time agitation and heat and still not voiding the warranty at least on the cleaner side.
[/quote:3gowuwvc]

I do understand what your saying, and in an ideal world it might work, but I'm not sure what your clientèle is like, but I can only imagine the blank stare I would get, when I start trying to explain to most of my customers, how the high potential of hydrogen of my pre-conditioner may effect their possible fifth generations carpet's ability to resist some stains, and weather or not they will agree to release me of all liability if it somehow voids their non-existent warranty......"oh by the way...can you sign this release?????"

Let me also add that, I MIGHT be a little more willing to refrain from the "nuke first ask questions later"mentality, if I was ACTUALLY convinced that a 10 minute dose of a 12ph solution is, without a doubt, going to cause irreversible damage to a clients carpet. Every time the topic comes up, it seem to me that the consensus is that the whole recommendation is outdated, or incorrect, and the recommendations only comes from organizations that no one seems to have any respect for anyway. To be honest, I have yet to see ANY valid discussion on this topic, other than "the manufactures says so....", and to be honest, it seems to me any warranty has just about as much clout as any WWF referee....I mean these are the same warranties that said no citrus and no rotaries......you think I'm going to listen to them about PH?????

gfs_10389_1_1.jpg

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Personally I think Duke is a fine carpet cleaner.

You may call me Richard Chavez but, I, for one, will not bother him with the likes of warranty trivial pursuit eat yor heart out Werner .

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ofer Kolton said:
What's "Ultrapack Baby"?

a squEEky kleen kid that has a fresh mint 'n butyl smell?? :lol:

rinse with a pinch of Dry Slurry...and it will look marvelous darling!

r]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2vAzE8FJKkr]

.L.T.A.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Ofer Kolton said:
No Zee and Frank, you did not get it.
EXACTLY! NOT!!
This was the point I made a few posts before:[/color]

As a good carpet cleaner, you should advise them what you think would work best.
Give them the choice, yet, it is their property and their final decision to make. Making that decision for them without getting their approval is both patronizing and disrespectful.

True, most clients when given that choice (I've done it) will choose the better cleaning results over maintaining the warranty. However, most heavily soiled carpets do not require to be nuked. They can be cleaned very well with fifth generation approved products by increasing time agitation and heat and still not voiding the warranty at least on the cleaner side.

Can all trashed carpets be saved that way? No, we know that.
However, choosing the nuke em option, should be the choice of last resort.

I get what you are saying BUT, if and when I explain all about the high ph issues in relation to their warranty (That may be gone out the window anyways) they may look at me, as THE BAD guy that uses such BAD chemicals etc etc.. Let's face it- most of our customers are not educated in carpet fibers, dyes and chemistry related to all the above.

The regular everyday customer will be looking at the next yahoo claiming to be a carpet cleaner and that guy may never say the truth about HIS chemicals and will just go ahead and do the job...what do you know- the job turns out great and the customer is under the impression that this guy just used "safe" "non toxic" chemiclas and how I couldn't do the job...

Where is that going to lead us? Google reviews- Angies list- YElp etc etc."this guy came out and told us that he can only clean the carpet with really harsh chemicals that are voiding warranties blah blah....we dont recommend them at all"

I guess we could say that in a way Jimmy is right: don't ask don't tell! Get the job done and worry not over some bs warranty and you have a happy customer and a happy bank account.

PS: I have been going to some jobsites for about 10-14 years and using chemicals many times that are over 10ph and have no issues with the fabric. Olefin, nylon,whatever..

Edit: I just read Goomer's response and I guess we are kinda saying similar things.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom