Lew.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
That was a great post Mikey. Somewhat of a sad post, but it is nice to see and hear of other cleaners being cordial and Concerned about others. It is also a great reminder to me and others to do not rest on what success you have today and try and stay as current as possible, and continue to work to prosper and feed your family. Would be nice if his son (and Lew) would at least stop and MF and mingle.

Hope every one has a great day and wonderful weekend. I think I need to tell my guys today what a great job they have been doing with us being down a van and really working hard to maintain our business as they have. They again are in overtime starting late yesterday afternoon. I have been cracking the whip on them and me to keep up.....speaking of that, I have to hustle up and get an apartment knocked out before they get to the shop.....

Mark

Chris A

Name
Chris
Whenever cleaners I only casually know ask if were busy, I usually just say we're doing ok, keeping pretty busy, etc., but that's me. My close friends I'll tell to the penny how we're doing.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
After reading all of that The prevailing thought was and still is,

If you had so much respect for the guy why did you invade his territory and take work from him?

I know several cleaners in my area and it's just mutual respect not to go into certain areas.

And if you had a heart you would pass some work down to him once in a while.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You are one low life piece of sh*t for stealing his work! :p

Man, that's a depressing story! :cry:

Junior fookin it up so bad he lost all the old man's business? Depressing!

Last edited by a moderator:
F

FB7777

Great story Mike

Very common tale... General erosion of a family business through generations

Pembertons and Chavez are classic examples

Reactions: hogjowl and SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
Listen Lewdwig,
I was brand new and the manager from the resort calls me out of the blue and offers me work. Being a kept man I doubt you know about the pressure of supporting a family and fighting for each and every customer to stay afloat.

I was so excited I went out and purchased a Cross American porty to reach the units way out on the sand.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
After reading all of that The prevailing thought was and still is,

If you had so much respect for the guy why did you invade his territory and take work from him?

I know several cleaners in my area and it's just mutual respect not to go into certain areas.

And if you had a heart you would pass some work down to him once in a while.

WHhaaaattt!
Territories , what are you guys the carpet cleaning mafia or something....

This is capitalism jimmy, you are not entitled to a "territory".

Holy Moly!

F

FB7777

That was a disgusting and hurtful remark

LEAVE JIMMY ALONE !!!!

LOVE!!

F

FB7777

That was a disgusting and hurtful remark

LEAVE JIMMY ALONE !!!!

LOVE!!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
The original guy I started working with was a real class act. He wore headphones and a pocket transister radio so he could hear the talk shows. When it was hot and humid, he would take off his shirt......in the custys house and presence! He also would comment on how hot the "housewife" was, out loud, and I'm sure she heard it. "Man, I'd like to f#*k that!" When we went to trade shows, he wasn't interested in the new equipment or chems, he was just there to score some ass. He always wanted me to go with him to pick up some "broads", but I always declined because I just wasn't interested.....and I had a Great Wife and kids at home.

Once I got out on my own, I went after a lot of his custys. He did shit work, but they kept him around cause of his personality. He never really talked to me after that, although he was part of my Wifes extended family, and I would see him all the time.

As they said back in the day.....AMF! (and he was a full Mexican)

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I met Lew a couple times when my uncle had a shop in Watsonville, Great story so true how the internet has changed things!

My uncle Rod and his son George are stone agers too when it comes to the internet.

No web page, a few years ago I gave them a review on a blank google page now they have 3 reviews and one looks like a nasty competitor.

but they're 3rd on google in winter haven florida.

So I guess a couple reviews is all it takes sometimes?

Of course Rod would swear he could out clean any truck mount when he was Lew's competitor, Now they run a performer and a performer 405. They may have a new machine by now.

I hate porty's so much I refer all jobs I cant reach to several porty guys I know

I wouldn't mind seeing a M5 in action once someday.

I just checked and only one of the locals in winter haven has a web site servpro!

is Florida an anomaly???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by a moderator:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You're just lucky you don't compete in this market cuse I'd squash you like the cockroach you are! :winky:

Easy take it easy there.....I waz just kiddin!

No need to send underwear....again! :eekk:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I waz but I'm not as sloooow as you! :p

In fact I even ran and touched up a couple of areas at Dan's church. The guys had a 3,000sq/ft vacant call in so I went to their touch up with an Orbot and a Transit.

Just got back, I need to gather up some injectidry's and floor panels, they think there might be another floor to dry.

:headbang:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Whats the point of this tale? I gotta say I love the oldschool ebonics in the story, in my imagination I hear the voice of morgan freeman off of driving miss daisy. So do you feel good that you have triumphed over a former bully? People come and go, unfortunately some of us are better cleaners than businessmen

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I thought that was an interesting and neat story.

I hope, due to this remark, that Ladwig doesn't go all Bristor on me :shifty:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
why don't you tell me the message in this post mike. Other than pounding on your chest over your vortex again Im not seeing much to this post other than hearing about someone who is past their prime. So do you feel good now that lttle mikey finally triumphed over Lew and can hold his head up high in Rod millers garage? Sure this lew character sounds to be behind the times and probley contributed to his own demise, however there is no telling what the root cause of his hardship may have been. Congrads mike you and your vortex are the kings of rod millers garage :lol:

Mikey P

Administrator
Hmmmm..

I sense some underlying issues here Jon..
Do you perhaps suffer from Vortex envy?

Lew and I get along just fine. Where he use to be a mystery to me, now the table has turned. My Googlman, my gadgets and my big ass truck just don't compute in his world. Sorry if you don't find that interesting. Kinda funny how you are the only one pissed over this..
I do feel bad for his kid who never seeked to be a better cleaner or businessman than his pops is.

Mikey P

Administrator
Oh.. and Rod Millers garage is now in Florida.

But I'm certainly the Karpet King of Santa Cruz..

As well as the center of the Carpet Cleaning Universe so kma.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom