Lew.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
a good thread to make the missus read, "honey if i don't read these forums each & every day, we could end up like that."

:biggrin:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Not pissed off at all mike , I thought this board was an open forum and dickish jabs where not only welcome but embraced ! lol. No vortex envy here I will admit it would be nice to have a box but no where to keep it in the winter as my shop only has a 8.5 foot door so I am no more envious of your v as you are arrogant of it. I am just confussed as to if I was supposed to be humored by this story and the vivid portrayal of lew. Or if this was a dramatic tale of mikey's triumph of a local tyrant . All that is missing is you riding the vortex to the peak of a mountain and gazing off into the sunset . Good story none the less, just to think lew may have been able to turn it around had he discovered rob allens instructional video's:smile: speaking of which I would like to request you make a parody video of the one where rob allen uses a cell phone case to make a naptha holder on his flaming pink *** titanium wand

Reactions: Mikey P

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I really don't think it is about Rod's garage or Lew's demise.

Honestly I could live off repeat referrals, 80 percent of what I do I've done.

I understand customers move and transition but if Your creating a positive moment of

truth for your customers. "thank Steve for that one."

Then your your only competition, Staying current helps, having reliable equipment to.

Being committed to the outcome.

No ones happy when bad happens to others, but I personally love hearing from

customers how they called 3 other companies and NO ONE answered the phone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I am just confussed as to if I was supposed to be humored by this story and the vivid portrayal of lew. Or if this was a dramatic tale of mikey's triumph of a local tyrant

I think you read it the wrong way, Jon

Sure this lew character sounds to be behind the times and probley contributed to his own demise,

I think that's actually the point, Jon ..or a very key part of it.
PuddinhEd isn't gleeful over Lew's slide.
None of us are

but at fiddy cent a ft, you better be "all that" AND a bag of chips

.l.T.A.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I agree sam Im just giving mike a hard time. It is sad to see someone back slide like that especialy since it sounds like lew was held in high regard at one time and was very successful. I think you can be minimal in your marketing efforts and sales activity and still maintain a reasonable level of success and sustainablitiy. However I would agree that once your quality goes down the tubes so does your client list with it. Maintaining good running and well maintained equipment is essential to delivering quality work and quality customer experience. Sounds like maybe lew hit some financial hardship or got tired of investing in his business and a snowball effect followed slowly but surely in the time after.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
That's classic Mikey because I worked for Miller's for a bit in my early days also. What a experience that was, if you know what I mean?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Good story.

Some video of you and Lew man-bonding during a ride-along, and running the Hoss would be priceless.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
After becoming a business owner I find business stories like this interesting. I love talking to other business owners and hearing about business going up, down, and occasionally sideways.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
That's classic Mikey because I worked for Miller's for a bit in my early days also. What a experience that was, if you know what I mean?

What shop?? what manager???

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Great story Mikey. It rings true here that the more serious ive become about my craft and business, the more successful we have been. The trick now is finding someone to help me that shares a commitment to excellence but wont leave me. My oldest son is 12, maybe I have some time??? Thanks for that story.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I think Mikey will come out behind on this long term with Lew.

Because unlike Mikey.................Lew has Obama to take care of him.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Hopefully Mikes smart and wont need taking care of.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom