Life proof vinyl planks vs carpet

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
One final Nail in the coffin for carpet or very close to it?
(Thanks homedepot...reason #51 not to shop there)

B08DABE6-2806-48A8-8AA6-76AE9E367839.jpeg

Last edited:

sassyotto

Name
Paul
Honestly I haven't seen much go in here in Wisconsin. Floors would be too cold.

Had one customer actually switch back to carpet since she saw all the crap that the carpet traps sitting on her wood floor every day

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
We changed all the flooring in our rental house (2 years ago) which is next door to us. Carpet is good in the bedrooms, carpet is good in the LR, so I replaced that carpet/pad with new, but in the rest of the house we had vinyl plank installed. The DR, kitchen, utility room, bathroom, and pathway from the front door past the living room to the DR is now all vinyl plank flooring. All the base was removed, then re-installed, and the floor was skim coated, and vinyl glued down so all the traffic lanes will not have carpet in them.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I find I am running into homes with a better balance of flooring. Yes, it's less carpet but I always hated homes that had carpet right up to the entry doors. Most of the carpet would be fine but you just couldn't clean the entry areas to match being too soiled and worn. Now, most homes have hard surfaces going to the entries and carpet in the bedrooms, hall, stairs and sometimes the living areas. Where they don't have wall to wall, they often have area rugs. My rug business has picked up substantially. Easier jobs today and higher customer satisfaction.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom