Line-X in new Ford Transit

Bill P

Name
Bill Pennington
image.jpeg
Hello all! I recently purchased a new Ford Transit van. I am taking it to the Line-X dealer tomorrow to get the floors bed lined. I want them to apply the Line-X coating from the back to the front, including the footwells. Also, they would apply the coating going 1/4 up the walls. The Line-X dealer is suggesting instead of applying the coating in the footwells, they could put a small berm behind the seats and put Line-X over the berm. The berm would not allow water to run into the cockpit area if there was a leak. They said this would enable me to keep the factory floor matting up front (which is contoured and covers some wiring) I prefer taking the front mats out and replacing it with the coating. What do you think? Thanks in advance.

Name
Kevin De Medeiros
I'd do the whole floor, put the berm on and then reinstall the factory carpet. If your gonna do it then do it all. I did what your dealer is telling you and still got water up front . At least it will be protected.

Reactions: Bill P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We are getting ours put together as well. Tomorrow we install walls and Etrack. Wednesday it gets lettered and hopefully the following week we get shelving installed.

I'd like to get it out and in use. Right now she just sits looking pretty.

The rear should look something like this.

Full Size Transit lettering REVISED REAR.jpg

Name
Kevin De Medeiros
We are getting ours put together as well. Tomorrow we install walls and Etrack. Wednesday it gets lettered and hopefully the following week we get shelving installed.

I'd like to get it out and in use. Right now she just sits looking pretty.

The rear should look something like this.

View attachment 15732
Great looking truck. I love that Ford blue color.

Bill P

Name
Bill Pennington
image.jpeg
Thank you all for your feedback! I went with Line-X coating up to the cockpit area. They ended up installing a small bulkhead behind the seats so water cannot run to the front footwell area in the event there is a water leak. I am also going to install a permanent cab wall and seal it to the bulkhead for further protection and security.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom