Linoleum in warehouse

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I looked at a job today in a lab in a warehouse. The linoleum has ground in dirt and a lot of deep scratches. All they want is is to look better. Can I use my 175 with a white or red pad to scrub and what can I put down to return the shine.

Jamesh921

Name
James
I did and kitchen a dining room last week. I used my nylon tile brush (about $60) on my 175 to scrub. Rinsed and vacced with the Powermatic. Looked like new.

Can you use a pad? Hmmm...don't know. I would bet a bonnet would work just as good as my brush though.

Mikey P

Administrator
Jamesh921 said:
I did and kitchen a dining room last week. I used my nylon tile brush (about $60) on my 175 to scrub. Rinsed and vacced with the Powermatic. Looked like new.

Can you use a pad? Hmmm...don't know. I would bet a bonnet would work just as good as my brush though.

I'll second that cheap and good enough approach.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
My first choice would be a nylon brush. Bonnet would not be as good as the brush, but would still be better than a pad.

Try the Green Balance Hard Surface cleaner for most soils or Hard Power for really nasty grease. Viper Venom would also work if you happen to already have some.

There are a number of decent floor finishes would would make the floor look good. Depending upon the condition of the floor and the wear layer, you will likely find that a thin coat works best but some highly worn floors may absorb a lot of finish and require multiple coats.

Try the finish in a small area to see what it looks like and how much the flooring will absorb. You don't want excess that dries on the surface and looks like you spilled a gallon of milk that dried on the floor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom