Lippold and Service Monster

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Great idea....so obvious now that he told me.
Bring your laptp with internet into your customer's home....you can buy the Verizon mini laptop for next to nothing and have internet everywhere.

Measure the areas you are cleaning....type it into Service Monster....and then hand the laptop to the customer with the total prices produced by SM on the invoice.

You can't argue with a computer and it justifies your prices. It's like ringing someone up at Walmart.

Genius yet simple...most Genius is.

Thanks Ron...great idea.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
If you have an Android or blackberry there is no need to pay for the air card from Verizon or wherever. You can tether your laptop/network to your phone using your phones data plan. If your laptop/netbook has Bluetooth you never even have to take your phone out of your pocket.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If you need to justify the price to the client
And Service Monster is what's going to do it for you.
You got to work on your skills in both dealing with your clients and getting the wrong clients.

Brian, you are like a walking talking and constantly typing infomercial!

An owner operator who is smart runs a lean and efficient operation.
There is no need for another company to answer the phone, the owner should do it. It gives a personal touch. And it reduces expenses.
The same about paying them to run your software. Spend the money saved on smart marketing.

Many small businesses fail due to not controlling their expenses. (And yes not marketing well etc.)

Yes, if you are doing very well and want to take some of the burden off, in that case it is an educated decision.

And the next infomercial from you Brian is.......?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
:lol:
Hey, Donald Trump doesn't answer HIS phone so why should I?
Maybe I will buy Service Monster one day.

It's just another tool to bring into the house...looks pro in my opinion and the customer will think so as well.
I never had a problem discussing prices with cusomters but some might and this would help.

Infomercials? I just wish Service Monster, Verizon, Full Circle and all the others would put me on the payroll. :?

Bob Foster

Brian R said:
:lol:
Hey, Donald Trump doesn't answer HIS phone so why should I?
Maybe I will buy Service Monster one day.

It's just another tool to bring into the house...looks pro in my opinion and the customer will think so as well.
I never had a problem discussing prices with cusomters but some might and this would help.

Infomercials? I just wish Service Monster, Verizon, Full Circle and all the others would put me on the payroll. :?

So do we...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Naaah. If I find something that really works for my company I just go all overboard about it.
They haven't even given me as much as a free month...those dirt bags. :lol:

Has anyone here tried Service Monster and NOT liked it for any reason?

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Service Monster was first located here in my town and called Principle Focus. They were a nice bunch of guys and I was looking to handle my own bulk mailing. They thought that their system could produce the correct bar code that qualified the mail piece for entry at the post office. Well, that wasn't exactly the case. For me, at that time that's what I wanted out of their service. Didn't need the invoicing (still don't), didn't need the calendar (still don't) but lately I really want the query aspect of their system for populating mailing labels (non bulk mail, not going down that road again having the post office refuse the cards) for reminders, thank-you and such. It's worth it to me now not having to scan through my spread sheet (which isn't to bad) and manually build these lists.

Perhaps they have come full circle these days but I'm still not wanting to explore the bulk mail bar code thing. Thinking of subscribing again this coming week and have them upload my spread sheet so I can benefit from those queries. I like the custom cards I've built over the past 5 years and prefer to hand write the note and slap the stamp.

Damn I wish they would offer just the database/marketing aspect of their system. Totally don't want the calendar part or need to access the system in the field.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Paper day planner within arms reach (or so) and an excel spread sheet I built in such a way architectually (sp?) I can scan and see when I last cleaned, sent a thank-you card, sent a reminder card.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
What's cool about Service Monster is it gives reports of all your invoices, totals by month, year to date etc.
Other reports as well.
You can track how you area doing each month and what customers need "special" attention. I do like the online factor if you are a computer type then it's available anywhere there is internet.

Special notes on customers and their family, pets, needs etc.
The quick click and send out thank yous and reminders is a HUGE time saver...worth the few extra pennies.
It grows with your business...you can add routes and services, employees etc

You can change it to fit your business...add logos and pricelines, packages, taxes and a ton of other things.

I like it because it's the whole package right there within a few clicks of each other.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
AND...big and...you can more than one user using it at the same time across the country from you.
Thank you Full Circle.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Brian, I've got all that with Mistral, not even using it to its full capacity.

I've been taking a laptop and a portable printer into the customer's home since 2004. It was a Piranha concept to give a presentation to the client and WOW them. I've just been entering the room sizes, do up the quote, print out a very clean quote or workorder for them with no scratching out this or that. I can change the look of the workorder, add logos, change services, sources, etc. Its very customizable. I don't need internet, paid about $1200CDN ($700US at the time) for the software back in 99. Hasn't cost me a penny since and I have every job and quote at my fingertips since summer of 99.
Mike, the owner, was working on a PDA version but I haven't heard much back.

Svc Monster is only good if you have a good wireless network in your area. I would be without access for 25%of my work with dead zones and out of area. The only benefit it would have for me is the mailings.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You make a good point Ron.
The Internet part is a double edge sword.
They need a desk top version that you can quickly sync up.

Maybe SM will chime in....I'm still waiting for the SM customer user Schedular that works in your own website.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Before, I had someone use Microsoft's Access with fields customized for me. They also created queries and mail mergers. At the time it cost me about $500 and I thought it was a good deal.

$500.00 once and that was it!
Nobody on my payroll forever.
Running lean for a small company is an important (not the only) part of success.

Now, if SM saves people time, sweat or if they just do not want to deal with some of that stuff, then for them it is worth it.

Most of us Owners Operators do not need scheduling and most of the fancy stuff.

I actually want to talk with my clients.
I want to recognize their voice.
And I want to reduce expenses whenever I can and if it is wise.

One of my problem with some of the industry softwares was that it was clumsy, hard to master and had too many bells and whistles. It was trying to be right for everybody, from the single operator to the multi van operations.
I on the other hand needed the simpleton's version. Still do.

And since I don't have that customized version any more, what is a good 'Simpleton' friendly good carpet cleaner software out there?
Or shall I have it customized again?

Did I mention that it should work for simpletons?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think Service Monster is going to be for up the up to date or "modern" companies...but I will admit that I don't know the Mistral program except for what Ron has mentioned. I'm sure it's a good program.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I'm in the car all day, i still have appointment books.. i dont have time to open a laptop for an estimate or to schedule.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian..

You give SM...too much credit..."As Usual".. :roll:

The TRUE talent in this "transaction" is Ron Lippold... :!:

He is a very successful O/O....Because he does "IT"...Right... :)

Ron runs a tight ship...He has the proper business model & all the right skills... :!:

Ron is able to utilize the SM ..as just another TOOL...in his arsenal of 1st class service...

You ..FAIL".. to recognize that he is giving an "In Home Estimate"...VERY IMPORTANT..Imo..

I can see where it would be VERY effective...to input DATA in front of the client.... 8)
This gives the client the TRUST...that he is NOT just pulling numbers out of the air.... :wink:
It also ...allows him the opportunity to discount his price.."If the client BALKS"..... :idea:

I am SURE...Ron would NEVER..offer a CasH discount.... :wink: :wink: :wink: :mrgreen:

It TAKES a LOT more than mArKetinG...mArY... :oops:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Marketing is what gets you in the door Harpocrite. :)

"proper" business model? Are you kidding me?
I'm sure Ron has an awesome business model
But different business models can be just as awesome.

Didn't you learn anything that I've taught you the last few days??

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:

"I SWEAR TO GOD"....Talking to YOU ..is like talking to a "DRUNK WOMAN".... :roll:

i give .....UP... :cry:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
HARPER said:
Brian R said:

"I SWEAR TO GOD"....Talking to YOU ..is like talking to a "DRUNK WOMAN".... :roll:

i give .....UP... :cry:

:mrgreen:

Mikey P

Administrator
Ron Werner said:
Brian, I've got all that with Mistral, not even using it to its full capacity.

I've been taking a laptop and a portable printer into the customer's home since 2004. It was a Piranha concept to give a presentation to the client and WOW them. I've just been entering the room sizes, do up the quote, print out a very clean quote or workorder for them with no scratching out this or that. I can change the look of the workorder, add logos, change services, sources, etc. Its very customizable. I don't need internet, paid about $1200CDN ($700US at the time) for the software back in 99. Hasn't cost me a penny since and I have every job and quote at my fingertips since summer of 99.
Mike, the owner, was working on a PDA version but I haven't heard much back.

Svc Monster is only good if you have a good wireless network in your area. I would be without access for 25%of my work with dead zones and out of area. The only benefit it would have for me is the mailings.

Keep in mind that Ron does 1, maybe two jobs a day.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
your clients got nothing better to do then for you to fart around with a laptop in their house, and trying to WOW them or get them an estimate or WTF ever??

My commercial accts are like ok give me the bid........uh huh, looks good when can you do it??

My res, are like heres the area, how much again?? oh ok, do this to..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom