Lippold and Service Monster

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Most clients these days have macs, so showing up w/ a pc laptop will only show them that your not a BDCC but a businessman.

What is the word with Service Monster and Safari?

This in regards to using SM on the IPAD.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Last I heard they were "working on it"
They have so many suggestions and things they need or want to do, I am sure they can't make it happen all at once.

I think bringing in a laptop in is one more thing to show the customer that you have your poop in a group (shit together).

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I've got an email request into Service Monster asking if they could offer the service ala carte. Just the data base and marketing capabilities. Also today I've got a unique computer expert looking building a software with just a data base and marketing. No schedule or accounting; simple and loadable on a PC.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Mikey P said:
Keep in mind that Ron does 1, maybe two jobs a day.

Whats your point? Would work for someone doing 10 jobs a day and they have no paperwork when the day is done.
I walk in, talk with the client, measure the rooms, input the measurements, give them a clean printed quote/workorder. Its the only paper I use. I haven't kept a paper workorder for 6yrs now and I've shredded my paper files from previous years as its all in my database. Once I have it printed, I can enter a payment, save it, and my paperwork is done as far as that job is concerned.
I print out quarterly reports to give to my accountant and she crunches all the numbers for the taxman. Gives me a complete accessible record of all my work. I don't use the laptop for a presentation unless they ask about other information, then I can show them videos or pictures etc which are on my harddrive, no need for internet connection.

BTW I email myself the backup file on MSN or Yahoo and my data is stored securely off site, for free. I don't keep any credit card #'s in my data base so its just names and room sizes.

You're going to need a simple scheduling data base anyway since you have to enter a date of cleaning. If all you're looking for is to enter everything as data when you get home, use a program like Maximizer or ACT, save yourself the customization fees.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom