liquid vs air cooled tm? couple questions,help with.

G

1.going into my 1st TM and buying one this week. need my final decesion in a couple days. its basically prochem trailblazer vs peak. 1 is luquid cooled,other is air-cooled. I live in south florida, so im thinking spend the xtra $$$ and go with liquid. anyone ever have over-heating issues with the air-cooled in hot summers?.........2. wanting to just look at other rigs in the photo section, but cannot access/enter that thread. do you need so many posts, or be a member so long to enter? thanks ray

MerCrewser

Always go with liquid cooled if possible! You have to subscribe at $5.00 month to get to the other sections.

G

ScottM said:
For a heat exchanger, I would give a slight edge to the air-cooled engine.

But those two choices from that manufacturer would be at the BOTTOM of my list, right below amtex and chemtex. And, YES that is based on my personal experience!

Go back and read http://mikeysboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15044.
I seen the chemtex but have read so much negative talk on the forums/message boards about them. gathering info on the webs is the reason i contacted prochem. not downing chem-tex, its just what ive read, thanks

John Watson

Prochem units are so -so I have owned 3 over the past 28 years. Air cooled engines have a limited life span compared to water cooled. Most air cooled you need another heat source Water cooled you can use a heat exchanger. You are in Florida, Check with Les and Judson Jones about a Judson unit If I were to buy a new unit I would get one of theirs.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
if you're in FL, Les is just north of you.

I have a liquid cooled slide in, and I'll be glad to get my air cooled unit.
One less liquid to worry about.

I did solve one problem. If the rad leaks I don't have to worry about antifreeze. All I put in was a water wetter and a pump lubricant.

T

The Magician

Go with the Peak. blazer is just a entry level tm. You will out grow it fast. Peak has bigger blower more horsepower and more heat. It will last longer with the water cooled eng. i know a cc that has one. He likes it alot. The blazer cc owner heat is not much.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Skeet;

The engine manufacturer reputation is probably more important than the type of cooling system.

We have used both air-cooled and water-cooled engines for the past 5 years on our TM's (Hondas & Kohlers).

Water-cooled fuel-injected engines have great durability and fuel economy.

Air-cooled engines have less complexity and slightly more exhaust heat for heat exchangers.

We are currently switching over to the 34 HP Kohler air-cooled from the 31 HP Kohler EFI water-cooled.

The 34 HP engine is a newer design with a broad torque curve and longer intervals between oil and filter changes.

Look carefully at the TMs on the market and study ALL the details before you make an informed decision.

Larry Cobb
Mikey Board Supporting Member

diamond brian

Prochem is a good choice if you have a dealer nearby. The Blazer almost produces adequate heat for residential, provided that you wand slowly. The Legend is the model up from the Blazer and would be a good choice.

Name
R.J. Povio
check out hydramasters boxxers 421 and 427....great machines and not over kill for a new start up company....you can easily clean carpet, furniture, extract floods, and clean tile and grout with either 2 machines.....the 427 would be better suited for flood and tile and grout cleaning. If you have to sell either machine if your biz failed....you could get out of either machine pretty easy....they are real popular machines. Liquid cooled for longevity in the hotter/warmer climates such as florida will make a difference.
Bluelines cobalt or bluewave are nice too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom