Listen up!!!

The Preacher

i'm flushing with 9505's on my PC quad jet. thats right 20 with a 36 blower!!!

my hose runs are normally no more than 100ft, i've rolled out 150 2x since jetting 20 and have a job thursday that i have to use 150ft!!! good dry times on cut pile, CGD a little longer???

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Danny:

Just make sure your filters are clean so you have unrestricted air flow.

Your system gets a lot better suction than most others with that blower, due to the over- sized exhaust plumbing, unrestricted intake to the tank and super- small tank size. (We had one guy report back that he had better dry times than with his PTO with a 47 on it.)

With an effective jet size of "20", you're getting into territory I have no direct experience with, but I think as long as you don't move the wand so slowly that the flow "puddles" under it, you'll be okay.

Duane

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Yes.

Currently, the Nemesis with a 25 Kohler / #4005 Tuthill, is delivering 203 ATW / 220 ATM with a #6 jet @ 600 PSI.

I think we'll get about 20 degrees more on the next one. But it could be more.

The Xcel (18 Kohler / 3006 Tuthill / continuous pump- out) is underway now. It should deliver a bit less, but, at $10,000 (including accessories) it sells for less as well.

I've found a temperature gauge I like and will be putting it on ALL systems (LP, HX and oil- fired) we build, so that people can have an ATM indication, as well as ATW, with the temperature gauge on the wand.

The oil- fired, by the way, is being assembled this week. Here's a "baby picture", showing the fold- over boiler mount:

DSCN1623.jpg

TimP

Danny Strickland said:
i'm flushing with 9505's on my PC quad jet. thats right 20 with a 36 blower!!!

my hose runs are normally no more than 100ft, i've rolled out 150 2x since jetting 20 and have a job thursday that i have to use 150ft!!! good dry times on cut pile, CGD a little longer???

The truth of the matter is that you're probably well limited on your flow by your wands plumbing. 20 flow isn't much more than 10 or 12 flow. You probably aren't flowing over 1.5-1.7 gpm. do a bucket test you'd be amazed. Try it with your smaller and larger jets I bet you're only seeing a bit more water if not none at all depending on what you were flowing before.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
TimP said:
The truth of the matter is that you're probably well limited on your flow by your wands plumbing. ... You probably aren't flowing over 1.5-1.7 gpm. do a bucket test you'd be amazed.

I've got a remedy for that, BTW... It's not something we do very often, but typically on dual- wand systems.

Basically, all of the pressure plumbing is upgraded to 3/8". Then 3/8" is used from the system to 50 feet out- more if the customer can handle it.

3/8" (.11 sq. in.)hose allows more than twice as much flow as 1/4" (.049 sq. in), so the thing is to use it as far as possible, before "choking down" to 1/4"

Most people don't see the need for it, though.

[center:6kl5roou]Coming soon---> Our new site: http://acceleratedtruckmounts.com[/center:6kl5roou]

John Watson

My old steamway units had 3/8th pressure lines instead of the 1/4 inch. I believe I was told the extra flow was required to make the switches for the wayne diesel burner kick in correctly. the smaller diam. hose didn't let it operate correctly

I believe Henry K told me in his southern drawl "No flow, Burner no go."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom