Little Giant #2 Question

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I have a old round littte giant #2. How high of pressure can it handle?

I looked at the gauge of the coils on lg website and the high pressure coil is the same gauge as the low pressure. Is the only difference the relief valve?

I tested this heater and it get hoter than my pto. I ran my spinner at just under 600psi and it held 210.

Thank You

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I'm quite sure it's rated at 600psi max. The relief valve is preset to open at that pressure. I wouldn't go any higher than that.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
There is no relief valve on this thing. It has a 1/4" going in and out. Where should the relief
valve go?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I believe there should be a tee at the rear top of the unit where the cold enters. The relief valve is in the tee. I would not operate the heater without the relief valve. I tried it once temporarily while I was diagnoising another problem. The pressure pump unloader failed and cause the pressure to build which blew the heater coil. Call Les Jones and get what you need to set it up right.

D

Damien6

I have been setting up carpet cleaners with 2HT Little Giant water heaters since the early 1990s. The inlet is
a 1/4 tube with pipe threads on the top of heater body. And as has correctly stated there should be a 3/4 inch
hole in the back. I provide adapter kits for these heater and it consists of a 3/4 inch by21/2 inch copper tube
and a 3/4 T with brass bushings on each side reducing to 1/2 inch to accept the 600 psi pressure relief valve.
On the other side of the T I use a 3/4 to 1/2 bushing then a 1/2 to 1/4 bushing. I add a quick disconnect then
I put a 6 foot section of high pressure high heat solution hose with another quck disconnect .
I would n't operate the heater without the pressure relief valve as the heater increasing the water tempature to
over 200 degrees can create to high of pressure for the copper coils. You can purchace the pressure relief valve
from Little Giant for $70.00.

Damien6

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
What kind of flow are you running and how hot do you get with this heater?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom