Little Giant "pimped" pics.

Mike Draper

The little giant is an awesome HX, but it does have one weakness. The frame is not really made to be taking a beating in the back of an box truck. I got this idea from Stan Wynhof. I took the aluminum frame down to my machine shop and had them duplicate an exact makeup with 16 gauge stainless steel and then had them do some other alterations to make it stronger.

From this 1st pic you can see the old frame "left" and the new frame "right". Basically the hx sits inside of this lip and that is what holds it from tipping over. Little giant puts some small self tapping screws inside to hold it together, they might as well put tape and paper clips on it. I had the lips made much taller.
HX1.jpg

Then I mounted the hx up on a strong steel frame I had powder coated.
hx2.jpg

hx3.jpg

here is the final product, it cost me about $250.00 because they made a small mistake on the frame. Normally it would run about $350.00. This thing is built like a tank now and I can push with all my might and it wont even budge. Instead of using self tappers, I bolted everything together except for the middle area. I used large self tappers there.
P1000955.jpg

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
we braced it with a steel frame and a sheet metal bottom, it was pretty easy

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Very nice! You should mount some sort of fitting in the extra hole so it looks like it's there on purpose... !gotcha!

Walt

Mike,

You should have your guy make up a few of those. I bet you'd have a few takers right off.

Bob Foster

Mike I like it! I would highly recommend you vent the Little Giant out the roof. It makes a huge difference inside the truck on heat. Reducing the heat will help the life of all the stock and equipment in the truck.

Mike Draper

There is plenty of air movement in there with both doors open. In the winter when we clean its perfect to shut the back door. the inside stays at least 60 degrees and its keeps everything from freezing.

Name
I'm Rick James
Come on someones gotta have the pic of the servicemaster truck using a tree log to mount its propane heater on. One of a kind.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom