aefcb641-8ca0-d290.jpg

aefcb641-8cba-7fa9.jpg

aefcb641-8cec-c7ee.jpg

aefcb641-8d52-8924.jpg

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

RThode

Name
Rick Thode
The HOSS 700 is a true 15" machine designed to clean within 1/2" of wall. It is designed to work at 500+ psi and has staggered jets. This means that on each revolution of the head, each jet only covers 1/5 of the area of the vacuum slot, so the pressure is more concentrated on an area with deaper penetration, but the end result is that it is followed by 5 vacuum extractions for reduced drying times. During the demonstration, they did a very good cleaning pass and when we put a paper towel and press down, there was no moisture that penatrated the towel. This machine looks very promising. If I remember correctly, the weight is about 67 lbs.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
That rotary is going to get serious criticism..

Looks good- BUT I really dislike the vacuum hose on it! Its the same mistake that mytee keeps making with their pressure line on their tile spinner tool.

The way the hose curves outside of the tools own width is not good in real life situations! It will constantly rub against walls, railings, furniture(!), etc...

I was also hoping to see the jets being offset from each other- that way each opening where the water comes out will clean and the whole unit would cover better in one pass without serious overlapping needs- just like Jim Martin was saying about the 360.

Someone should test one to see if a jet could be closer to the center and another one a couple inches out and another one even more toward the edge of the machine.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
great idea..I would love to test it out against the 360i on higher pile carpet ....I bet with the staggered jets you don't have the streaking.......

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Mikey P said:
Look closer at the jets, they are overlapped/ staggered

Now that I zoomed in on my blackberry I can see it better. I guess I was imagining a little more offsetting of the jets.

Mikey- any comments on that vac line hanging outside of the unit's parameter?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Who builds that Hoss? Mytee?

Seems those offset jets would force you to do a dry overlap at the end of each pass.

Are those slot heads interchangeable for hole heads?

Mike Draper

Just as the Rv had some issues in the beginning, I'm sure the HOSS will also. It looks like its built solid though. I would sure like to try one.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Cork isn't as big of a dork as I thought he would be.

Incase anyone was wondering...Vawter is indeed still alive.

Mikey P

Administrator
This guy showed up with a custom MF shirt
aefc965f-256b-81b9.jpg

Lunch time

http://184.72.239.143/mu/aefc965f-2604-8d49.jpg[IMG]

Official t shirt
[img]http://184.72.239.143/mu/aefc965f-2647-e258.jpg

Big Mike
aefc965f-26c2-fa6e.jpg

http://184.72.239.143/mu/aefc965f-273c-d913.jpg[IMG]

[img]http://184.72.239.143/mu/aefc965f-27c3-da6a.jpg

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
If that machine weighs 67 lbs, too heavy for me, we have too many 2 story homes out here.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Mikey P said:
aefcb641-8d52-8924.jpg

How would you transport it without those vac slots getting banged up, they look like they extend unprotected pretty far past the shroud.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Not a problem in transport position.

Just think about it, ALL rotary tools heads MUST reach below the bottom of the shroud or they couldn't work. Looking at it up close the HOSS vac heads are protected better than most.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I still would prefer the 360i over the hoss.. The hoss is to big and wont get into tight spaces in a residential setting.. If your going to use this big thing might as well use an rx 20

And whats the price tag on it?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Lee Stockwell said:
Not a problem in transport position.

Just think about it, ALL rotary tools heads MUST reach below the bottom of the shroud or they couldn't work. Looking at it up close the HOSS vac heads are protected better than most.

Yea, that makes sense.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Just to clear some things up about the Hoss.

The angle of the vac hose is being changed. This is almost a finished design, but Sapphire Scientific are changing the gears to helical drive and also moving the angle of the vac hose back toward the machine another 12 deg, so nothing on the unit is going to stick out further than the handle.

And this unit is definitely capable of being used in a domestic situation very easily.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the wheels on the Hoss look very similar to the eight inch, hard wheels that are fitted on the Cimex.??

These wheels make it extremely hard to take upstairs, (especially if the stairs have a bullnose), whereas if it had pump up twelve inch wheels, it would literally roll up the stairs.

The larger pump-ups also make it so much easier to roll over extension leads on the job, or to manouver across rough terrain from the van to the job.

Some may call it over-kill, but I would rather something over-built that'll work for years, than a flimsy piece of junk that is always in the repair shop.

Even if it does cost an extra grand or so to purchase.

Ooroo,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom