Live from Mikeyfest

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Jim Bethel said:
Just to clear some things up about the Hoss.

The angle of the vac hose is being changed. This is almost a finished design, but Sapphire Scientific are changing the gears to helical drive and also moving the angle of the vac hose back toward the machine another 12 deg, so nothing on the unit is going to stick out further than the handle.

And this unit is definitely capable of being used in a domestic situation very easily.

Thanks Jim for helping here. We will be tightening things up as we enter production but I think it's worth mentioning that the hose on the current design is within the handle width once it's down and in use. As for the weight the carry points and handle distribute the weight in a manner that makes it much easier to carry than many lighter products in the industry. As for the wheels etc. It goes up and down stairs without any issue as well as over cords etc.

Now for what really matters ...... It out cleans all it's competitors, leaves the carpet dryer, gets the job done faster, list price $2995 and can be successfully used with a portable to the largest truckmount.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the wheels look like the ones on the 360i....and I think those are 4 inch......the wheels aren't so bad......the thing is so light you can carry it up and down the stairs with no problems......biggest problem is that they are small and set in to far together.....so as you are tipping it back and moving it around as soon as you make a corner to turn it will tip over ....to much head weight and not enough ass to keep it balanced............

I am having a really bad feeling I should of waited and tried out the Hoss.............

Todd Anthony

I''ll be out cleaning carpet all day today. Is there going to be a video made of the rotary shoot out? I am very interested in this HOSS 700.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Todd Anthony said:
I''ll be out cleaning carpet all day today. Is there going to be a video made of the rotary shoot out? I am very interested in this HOSS 700.

Same here...I'm out there today printing money(I.e.working my a$$ off cleaning carpets you kookoos..) so I won't be able to tune in. Will there be a recording of the event??

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
After seeing it side by side with the rx20 its just a little bit smaller. I would like to see it the size of the rotovac.. Sometimes we have trouble getting into spots withthat and the hoss is much bigger... But I think saphire is doing a great job of listning and making things we need. Pretty soon the other big companies wont be in business...

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
[quote="Bill Bruders":1wuo32an]$28450

Almost 30G... get two judsons or 2 eldiablos for that money.[/quote:1wuo32an]

Yes you could do that and you'd also get two times the motor maintenance, two times the pump maintenance, two times the blower maintenance, two times the belt maintenance, the same weight requirements (opps maybe not because you'd need two waste tanks could be more) and THREE times the fuel costs (because of the two burners and extra motor) per hour or at 1000 hours a year and let's just say $4 per gallon a conservative $10K (you do the math on the number of years you expect the units to run) and what looks expensive turns out to be a bargain!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders said:
[quote="Zalan Szabo (zee)":1qt99a8g][quote="Bill Bruders":1qt99a8g]$28450

Almost 30G... get two judsons or 2 eldiablos for that money.[/quote:1qt99a8g]

Yes you could do that and you'd also get two times the motor maintenance, two times the pump maintenance, two times the blower maintenance, two times the belt maintenance, the same weight requirements (opps maybe not because you'd need two waste tanks could be more) and THREE times the fuel costs (because of the two burners and extra motor) per hour or at 1000 hours a year and let's just say $4 per gallon a conservative $10K (you do the math on the number of years you expect the units to run) and what looks expensive turns out to be a bargain![/quote:1qt99a8g]

Yes you are right Bill... But you forget one pretty important thing! TWO TIMES the money where the TWO units are working on TWO separate job sites, producing possibly TWO times what one machine would be producing on one job... I think this can't be overlooked. And I actually like your unit. So no hard feelings :-)

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
Bill Bruders":1ptup23e][quote="Zalan Szabo (zee)":1ptup23e][quote="Bill Bruders said:

Almost 30G... get two judsons or 2 eldiablos for that money.[/quote:1ptup23e]

Yes you could do that and you'd also get two times the motor maintenance, two times the pump maintenance, two times the blower maintenance, two times the belt maintenance, the same weight requirements (opps maybe not because you'd need two waste tanks could be more) and THREE times the fuel costs (because of the two burners and extra motor) per hour or at 1000 hours a year and let's just say $4 per gallon a conservative $10K (you do the math on the number of years you expect the units to run) and what looks expensive turns out to be a bargain![/quote:1ptup23e]

Yes you are right Bill... But you forget one pretty important thing! TWO TIMES the money where the TWO units are working on TWO separate job sites, producing possibly TWO times what one machine would be producing on one job... I think this can't be overlooked. And I actually like your unit. So no hard feelings :-)

No issues here it all depends on the business. The 870 will support 3 tools more than some need for sure. That's why we have different models
Take care

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

it just does not work for everyone.....2 machines...2 vans...employees.....insurances....gas....maintenance.....the list could go on....95% of the companies that are running more then one unit different directions...are normally making less then the ones who use there resources and get good equipment.....and just cant seem to see it.....more is not always better....I am sure that there are some that have over come the trial and errors and can run more then one...and make it worth there while.....but they are far and few between.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
joeynbgky said:
I still would prefer the 360i over the hoss.. The hoss is to big and wont get into tight spaces in a residential setting.. If your going to use this big thing might as well use an rx 20

And whats the price tag on it?

I can tell you just by looking at the pictures of the Hoss it will go into places that the 360i will and the RX wont.....
the problem with the RX is the hight....you cant make it go into tight areas....the 360i and the hoss has that low profile and after being an avid RX cleaner and now using the 360i....hight of the machine is a big key to there maneuverability.....

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Jim you will be surprised how much bigger it is than the 360. But I may buy one to try too.. And did they say the hoss was 2800?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I really don't think that a little bit rounder head is going to effect it on the performance compared to the 360i...but I am really interested to see this thing out there cleaning.......

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Bill how much are these? chris Pond is my local dealer, great guy. I think I would buy one and try it out. If it works better than the 360i i would use it everyday! I cant wait to try it out myself. I saw it in action. Can i get it without the blue color? I want hot PINK!!! :) I have a female tech that works part time lol

Name
Lee Stockwell
In the "side by side by side" shootout I believe the HOSS was using much less water to get its results. If you tipped each unit back and triggered it that was apparent.

When you started it on a filthy carpet and left it in the same spot for 30 seconds, and then stopped to examine the carpet the result was the complete circle being clean, instead of just a clean "ring" around the edge of the heads. The type and placement of the jets seem to help it clean more evenly with less water.

Knowing how Legends does things, and the Studebakers' interests in perfecting this, I have great expectations for the soon production version.

Thanks,
Lee

Mike Draper

I'm not sure I understand......how could a complete circle be clean by letting it sit in 1 spot if there are no vacuum slots in the middle to collect the dirty water? As well, there is absolutely nothing in the middle for agitation. It seems to me in order for it to really have a clean circle it would have had to move back and forth some. :|

Mikey P

Administrator
aefcb4e1-b246-c184.jpg

aefcb4e1-b272-4099.jpg

aefcb4e1-b293-7eab.jpg

aefcb4e1-b2b6-d751.jpg

aefcb4e1-b2f1-3d7f.jpg

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I'm going to stuff a dirty sweaty sock in vawter's mouth if he don't quit snoring.

PS. it looks like my arm disappeared in his ass in that one pic.... Ivebeensold

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
handdi said:
looks like everyone had fun'
maybe next year wish i was there

Agreed, I couldn't make it out this year either.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Bill Bruders said:
The 870 will support 3 tools more than some need for sure. That's why we have different models

What type of system is it and what are the specs on the 870SS? This is the first time I've heard of it?

Thanks,
Bill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom