Live solution reel...

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I've got 300 feet of solution hose on a live reel right now, but tomorrow I am taking it down. I want to only use as much hose as I need. Is it best to go with 100 feet for the first section, then maybe 2 25 foot sections after that?
I also want to change my vac hose lengths, to 50, 25, 25, and 50s the rest of the way. I carry 300 feet of that as well. Is this practical?
One of my commercial accounts that I do a lot needs between 50 to 75 feet.

Reactions: Ken Clean

Ken Clean

Name
Ken Schow
I've got 300 feet of solution hose on a live reel right now, but tomorrow I am taking it down. I want to only use as much hose as I need. Is it best to go with 100 feet for the first section, then maybe 2 25 foot sections after that?
I also want to change my vac hose lengths, to 50, 25, 25, and 50s the rest of the way. I carry 300 feet of that as well. Is this practical?

If you are doing a lot of residential cleaning, you mostly will use 100-150 ft. of hose. Have your solution hose (100 ft and two - 50 ft) rolled coils, tied with a bungie cord or something similar. Easy to handle. Do the same with your vac hose. Use only what you need - you will find you have greater heat and suction. Also faster to string out, and faster to put away.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
If you are doing a lot of residential cleaning, you mostly will use 100-150 ft. of hose. Have your solution hose (100 ft and two - 50 ft) rolled coils, tied with a bungie cord or something similar. Easy to handle. Do the same with your vac hose. Use only what you need - you will find you have greater heat and suction. Also faster to string out, and faster to put away.
That's why I'm changing it, so I'm only using what I need. I'm still going to keep it on the reels just not live. I've got nowhere to hang 300 ft of vac and solution hose.

Name
Scott Turknett
I keep one 25' of each, and three 50' of each on the truck at all times, another eight of each at the shop. I do this so I don't have to track which are 50, 60, or 75.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Our main solution hose is 100' and another 50 footer to the truck.

Our vac hose is 50' of 2.5 then two 50' sections 2", this is good for 95% of the work we do.

Reactions: Russ T.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger

We have 150 high pressure line live on our Butlers....had 200 on one of them, but the new Butler Skinny high heat only comes in 150 foot lengths....and we carry extra hanging in the back out of the way for when and if we need...most of our runs are close to 100 feet.

for our vac hose, I have a live and non live vac reel set up from the Butler....we carry 100 feet of 2.5 inch on that reel split into 25 foot sections....

That works for us, but it is nice to have to drag more hose off then needed....we have a 50 foot 2 inch hose we carry into the home that seems to cover most of our needs....sometimes a little bit of 2.5 is in the house for the long reaches.

The newest hookup now Butler built for us....Mikey tour :)

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I have two hooks on my chem shelf that I hang my hoses off of. By the door I have 1 -100 foot solution line my "daily 100" this will get me to about 85% of all my jobs. Then I have another 50 foot section below that for the extra reach those two together will reach 95-97% of all my jobs. I also carry a second 100 foot section that I rarly but occasionally enough use that I store on the other end of the chem shelf. I will also carry a second 50 foot section wound on my portable. I believe that I carry about 200 feet of suction hose on the reel. I only need more than that 2x a year when I need 500 feet to reach the back of a movie theater.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
125 is a sweet spot for a big portion of my residential but for my steady commercial account it is almost twice the amount that I need., which is why I want to have the length I mentioned above.
I think I am going to do 110 feet on the first solution line, the rest 50s but have one 25 footer rolled up and find somewhere to hang it.
As for the vac I think I will just keep them at 50s but also keep a 25 footer hanging somewhere.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
150' of solution line x 2. I have 3 50's on a second spool. I almost never have a solution connector inside. My lead vacuum is 50' of 2"then a 75' of 2.5". Works for about 70% of jobs.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
So.....I bought a new section of solution hose 75 feet to hang in my truck for my nightly commercial account and smaller jobs. Left 2 150 foot sections on the reel with the option of going live with it if needed. I know it doesn't sound logical to do it the way I did, but I'm slowly going to buy all new hose as I can afford it and at the moment I wanted the 75 footer as that is mainly the amount use.

I kept the vac hose as is for the time being.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I know I want to keep connects out of the house though...so, your probably right.
you can always take 2- 50ft hoses and use a brass coupler and just screw them into eachother and make 1 100ft line. and just slide the vinyl covers over the pc that connects the two.

Just keep your newest hoses in the house

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Its already set up live. Why not leave that 125 footer live? Hang the rest...

I have 200' on my live real, in 2 100' sections. I rarely use the live connection. I take the lead 100 footer, disconnect at its end, and plug direct to the front of my machine. I'm leaving 100' on the live real, not really doing anything. 100' gets me to probably 80% of my jobs. The extra 100 will get me to ALMOST everything else. I can't remember needing more than that in all of last year.

It's fun to watch you tweaking your game Kellie!

I've taken many of the same steps since coming to MB. It has taken the service we deliver to a much higher level. Good for you!

Name
Brad Gouveia
I agree with Mikey, go a little over 100 like 115 so over the years you can cut it back a few time and get a longer life out of the solution hose. Then I keep an extra 120', 10' and 20' in the back. that extra 10' is handy and easy to grab and use. Same with vac I keep most of mine on the reel but keep a 10' in the back for quick grabbing and is easier to use than dragging in an extra 25'.

It is always that one side of the master bedroom where you will need that extra 10' if/when you do.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Its already set up live. Why not leave that 125 footer live? Hang the rest...

I have 200' on my live real, in 2 100' sections. I rarely use the live connection. I take the lead 100 footer, disconnect at its end, and plug direct to the front of my machine. I'm leaving 100' on the live real, not really doing anything. 100' gets me to probably 80% of my jobs. The extra 100 will get me to ALMOST everything else. I can't remember needing more than that in all of last year.

It's fun to watch you tweaking your game Kellie!

I've taken many of the same steps since coming to MB. It has taken the service we deliver to a much higher level. Good for you!
That's pretty much what I ended up doing. I played around with it for a while in different scenarios. I've got the first roll ready to go live when needed, it's 150 ft. The top roll is 110 ft which will do most of my houses without the connect ever having to be in the door. And I've got a 75 ft section hanging up for my evening commercial accounts that only use between 50-75. The 75 footer is brand new, and the 110 as well. As I can afford I am going to replace the other hose as well and instead of having 150 ft, I'm thinking of doing (tell me what you think) a 25 footer to attach to the 110 if needed and then another 100 footer?
Does that make sense? The live reel will only be used on my large commercial accounts.

Reactions: Russ T.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom