Local groupon ad

Name
Brad Gouveia
Here a guy is running a groupon for carpet cleaning 2000 sq feet for $59. He has sold 406 already and has 2 days left on it. Do you think he is going to regret it? I know I would be. It would take me at about a year to book them all and no room for real jobs.

Here is the link if your intrested:

http://www.groupon.com/colorado-spr...prings&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

Just wondering what you think.

Thanks,
Brad

Chris A

Name
Chris
A really odd one just came across ours. It was a maid service selling carpet cleaning by the hour. Don't remember the specifics but it was confusing. Were supposed to be running a 2 3 4 room deal but I haven't heard back from groupon in a week or so.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you've got "enough" work...don't do it.

If you want to fill your schedule...Maket the deal but don't let yourself get screwed.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Hopefully the guy has loads of money set aside to keep things floating in case this goes the wrong way for him, like a high % of these jobs end up at or close to the 2000 sq ft.

In 452 jobs we'd gross approx $101500 just going by av. tickets, keeping in mind the bigger the job, the higher per ticket gross ticket, if they were all 2000 sq ft cleanings, that number would probably look more like $137k

His starting point is $13334, with no guarantee the ticket $ vs. amount of time/labor into any job. Better sacrifice his first born to the upsell gods.

0.029 pennies per sq ft, at 452 different locations. . . .

Has to be a porty operation.

The worst part of all of this is we are training our customers - this is what our services are worth. . . .

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Clean Response said:
Here a guy is running a groupon for carpet cleaning 2000 sq feet for $59. He has sold 406 already and has 2 days left on it. Do you think he is going to regret it? I know I would be. It would take me at about a year to book them all and no room for real jobs.

Here is the link if your intrested:

http://www.groupon.com/colorado-spr...prings&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

Just wondering what you think.

Thanks,
Brad
He just destroyed his business and ate your market. Good thing is all those people are going to be pissed when he can't get to them and then when he goes bankrupt it will be one less competitor.

asupremeclean

Ive seen one like that here too and I tend to think it is a scam or advertising for groupon to get your business. Not sure about you but I never heard of the co that had one here and I look at yp ads and local fliers all the time so unless he was new and trying to sink himself it's a scam.

Did any of you recognize the co. Doing the ad?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
To each his own but I think he worded that ad badly.

He should have set rooms with a sqft cap.

Everyone will be able to have their whole house done for that....Unless he tells them it's the entire sqft of the house...Not just the carpet.

Anyway, I too think Groupon is getting these guys to give too much. Yes you can upsell but it's still a risk.

I may try to run an higher prices deal and see if they'll go for it. Something like 3 rooms $89.00 or something close to that.

That's still pretty low to start....But you have somewhere to go.

Living Social said no to 3 rooms for $89.00 in one of my areas....I called their bluff and said I can't go lower. They didn't run it.

If that company does go out of business because of the deal....He had no business being in business to be with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom