Local Hotels

lesterj2

Well I am looking to go and present my services to some of the local Hotels. But have come to a roadblock in how I am gonna present the services..

Should I just call them up and ask do they need their carpets cleaned... What would you all say would be a more effective way of getting my services across... I also have an upholstery tool so that may can be worked in as well....

Fred Homan

Good luck! They probably have someone they are paying $8.00hr to do the work in house.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Call first and ask who is in charge of house keeping...or who the manager of the hotel is.

Send something in the mail to him or her that describes who you are and why they should be using you over the $8.00/hr guy. Maybe offer a first time deal to show them you stuff.

Then call in about a week and make sure they recieved it.
Try to make an appointment to stop by and talk to them...this is the tough part.
If you get no response, drop off some kind of coupon, free service, free than you gift and hope to be able to speak with the person in charge.

If this doesn't work, try a follow up phone call and then rework some of the things above.
Persistence without annoyance is key.

Try to be light hearted about anything overdone.

Chads

Supportive Member
I've done a few back in the day, they want it cheap and I mean cheap like 5 to 7 dollars a room. Not really worth the time unless you got some cheap labor and and are doing like a 100 rooms but if you not busy and looking for something to do and need a little pratice at the wand then by all means go for it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I agree Chad.
Or at least go to bigger hotes that need lobby's and hallway's done.
Try to get it on a quarterly basis for a discounted price...not too discounted.

And oh yea, when you go out to see the manager, nothing less (no pun) than a nice long sleeve shirt with a tie and nice slacks. don't forget decent shoes...and wear socks for crying out loud.

Nothing too flashy, just professional.

lesterj2

OK thats some nice info and all but now yall have me thinking... What if they just so happen to already have a cleaner...

Should i ask what are they currently paying for his/her services & what procedures are they using...
Or would that be just too damm rude and intruding...

ascrubabove

If you ask what they are paying and they tell you, they are looking for a better deal!

If you ask and they wont tell you, then they are working somebody to death for 8 bucks a room and not interested in a real carpet cleaner!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
lesterj2 said:
OK thats some nice info and all but now yall have me thinking... What if they just so happen to already have a cleaner...

Should i ask what are they currently paying for his/her services & what procedures are they using...
Or would that be just too damm rude and intruding...

Lester, my stock line when making cold calls (after introducing myself) is to ask if they're happy with their current carpet cleaner's service.

..L.T.A.

G

Lester; I am in Pensacola; not too far from ya; expect to get $4 to $8 per room; basically prespray and suck up asap; no more than 10 minutes per room; lay out 100 foot of hose; ask for 30 rooms at a time; if you do high rises you need a strong porty.

Times are probably there too. I got approached today about doing 800 rooms; gonna get the boys together as soon as they get back from out of town jobs and spin them out.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I try never to "steal" another mans accomplishments.

With that said. "Are you happy with your current carpet cleaner" can open doors to a good conversation.

But I would ask "How happy are you with your current carpet cleaner?"

Meat's question is a yes or no answer....shame on you meat. You know better than that...now drop and give me 20.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom