Lock Your Doors.......

Name
I'm Rick James
I was working in an upscale area in the Seattle yesterday. I parked my van in the back off the house in their driveway. I leave the side door open for the exhaust and one of the back doors open to ventilate and someone decided to help themself to the Dyson I just bought a couple of months ago and my Ipod. They left my TomTom I just got, figure that one out.

So careful with some of the valuable in your vans, theift can happen anywhere, even in the rich hoods.

Sucks. SOrry to hear that. I clean with my doors wide open all the time, Im always afraid something like that might happen.

G

All the more reason just to have a Walmart Bissel in your truck

Name
I'm Rick James
The Asian Sensation!! said:
Sucks. SOrry to hear that. I clean with my doors wide open all the time, Im always afraid something like that might happen.

First time in 11 years I have had something stolen off the van. I always take my cell in with me.

All the more reason just to have a Walmart Bissel in your truck

My local walmart doesnt carry all the bissels, heading to big lots. Dyson really isnt worth the extra money.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Shortly after I sold the business the commercial crew was cleaning a restaurant at 6 AM and had left the keys in the ignition. Evidently a drunk came along and since he couldn't find his car and didn't want to call a txi he jumped in and tore off in the van while the crew was cleaning 200 feet away inside. They said that the scrub wand flew out the door at 50 MPH!

This is a true story!

Steve "Island Boy" Toburen
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Very sorry to hear about your vacuum and I-Pod. down here in the Dominican Republic when the people catch a thief he just prays the police get there to "rescue" him before the mob beats him to death. Dominicans hate a thief.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I'm always ready for a rookie hose puller, I MIGHT HAVE PLAYED TUG OF WAR.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Perps can walk down the street in any neighborhood, upscale gives them a better chance to snag something good. Anytime we're parked where the public can walk by, the trucks are locked up. The only things we've lost of value though, were portable machines stolen by other cleaning companies while doing commercial cleaning at night.

PS: The fad of stealing GPS units is over. They aren't worth anything anymore, particularly when hot. Since Google started giving away GPS apps for free to anyone with a smart phone, the value (and company stock prices) of stand-alone GPS units have fallen to give-away prices.

Name
I'm Rick James
Steve Toburen said:
Shortly after I sold the business the commercial crew was cleaning a restaurant at 6 AM and had left the keys in the ignition. Evidently a drunk came along and since he couldn't find his car and didn't want to call a txi he jumped in and tore off in the van while the crew was cleaning 200 feet away inside. They said that the scrub wand flew out the door at 50 MPH!

This is a true story!

Steve "Island Boy" Toburen
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Very sorry to hear about your vacuum and I-Pod. down here in the Dominican Republic when the people catch a thief he just prays the police get there to "rescue" him before the mob beats him to death. Dominicans hate a thief.

I worked at a place years ago in eastern Wa that had the same thing happen at a late night commercial job, the police caught the guy and he was drunk.

It doesnt matter abot thvacuum and Ipod, they are just "things" and "things" can be replaced. It sucs that it happen but first time in 11 years is not bad and I have worked in some really bad areas.

PS: The fad of stealing GPS units is over. They aren't worth anything anymore, particularly when hot. Since Google started giving away GPS apps for free to anyone with a smart phone, the value (and company stock prices) of stand-alone GPS units have fallen to give-away prices.

Thats what I heard. My brother works with me on the realy busy days and he got it for me for christmas because he was afraid when I was driving and reading the map book.

Honestly I really dont like it, I am really good with addresses here and the GPS just isnt my thing. But if they had someone like Sean Connery or James earl Jones to do the voice on the GPS that would be worth it. Or a sexy voice like Pam Anderson. :oops:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom