Logo......

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Jim Martin said:
AdamHale said:
No wonder you didn't get any walk ups before, it was complete CRAP!

But now..................the walk ups will be constant!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

walkups.......are one of vortex's biggest lies......another marketing scam.....if I remember correct..you were on the edge of retiring off of them until you sold out and moved to AZ.......

When we first got our V it was the only thing like it in our area. The wrap was very different and drew allot of attention. We did get people ALL the time walking over and getting cards and bids. The very loud noise from the machine made people look out their windows. As time went by it seemed to fade.

I did get a walk up last week from my unmarked trailer mount???? Didn't book... My lettered van has got me zero. :mrgreen:

Mikey P

Administrator
Ron Lippold said:
just so you know the myth of the vortex is not dead.... I have had in the last three days 5 waalk ups and three booked jobs for good money the V will live foreever

Do you still have your Shaun Cassidy Choker too Ron?

G

George V

Why is it the good always die young and mediocre seems to linger forever like an asparagas fart?

I wish it were the other way around.

620_1013LycXLBrnpRKC.jpg

steve g

Name
steve garrett
for what its worth I think it looks pretty boring, I am big into pictures, pictures pimp out your website or your truck, I would incorporate a picture into your truck lettering design, honestly I looked and looked some more and can't tell the difference between the old and new graphics. I think the idea is to draw someones eye and have them to read your logo and what you do, I think you could do a better job with that. as much as I rag on ole yorkie he did have some good wrap designs on this website, now those popped when you looked at them and begged the eye to investigate further.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
wraps are not a good idea down here...to many tight drive ways with low hanging trees....when I scratch something up real bad I just take it in and they can replace it.....(don't think you would have that problem pulling a trailer).....as much as I poke at Adam about walk ups......out of all the wraps I have seen....he is the only one that I would of walked up to....he had the best one.....but with the bright white back ground and the huge logo my truck sticks out pretty good...and that is what I needed it to do......this is really my only form of advertisement....we don't get the Vortex walk up ( not even when I had one).....but we do get a lot of calls from people that say I seen your truck out there......so it is doing what I need it to..........

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Jim, you might think about a auto cooling fan attached to the cowling to help keep the truckmount cooler if it does'nt already have one. Someone I know had one and it kept shutting down because it was too hot. Installed the fan problem solved.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
behind the front grill is a big fan to cool the engine.........is that what you are talking about....??

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
The changing of the bubbles is hardly worth the expense. The reason you dont like it is that it goes against Gestalt theory. The swirl marks and bubble should be in the middle of the logo. The should accent the logo, thus pulling the mind to something comfortable and allowing it to break through Broca.

While the bubbles are important to you - they are just noise that either needs to be focused and removed.

Hope this helps

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ken Snow said:
Jim, why have the LLC on the logo? I have never seen that used before and in my opinion it doesn't add to your logo but rather takes away from it.

Another thought~ I assume you clean furniture and perhaps rugs. You have a lot of unused space to add those to the service offerings.

Respectfully
Ken

Ken is right (as usual) not only does it not look that great but any customer who knows what it means will think that you are not going to be "liable" for anything that goes wrong.
Just a thought.

Is it ok to put another "I told you so" here about the V? It isn't just for you Jim but anyone who promotes them. !gotcha!

Ron, the walk ups are not from the V ...it's from the big ass truck with the butterfly on it....not to mention the noise coming from it.
:|

steve g

Name
steve garrett
in regards to the LLC I will go further and say unless you are a partnership, likely you should really be an S corp anyways for tax reasons.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Congrats on the new Rig.

I really like the Big Clean Rolling billboard. I think you would get business if you just rolled portys down the ramp and into the house.

I believe the Rolling billboard and the totally industrial look of the truck is great.

Image is not everything but it is a big part of it.

Rick

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.
Robert A. Heinlein

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
gregcole said:
The changing of the bubbles is hardly worth the expense. The reason you dont like it is that it goes against Gestalt theory. The swirl marks and bubble should be in the middle of the logo. The should accent the logo, thus pulling the mind to something comfortable and allowing it to break through Broca.

While the bubbles are important to you - they are just noise that either needs to be focused and removed.

Hope this helps

yea...I am pretty sure that while everyone is sitting at the local 4 way stop trying to figure out who the hells turn it is to go.....someone is sitting over there thinking to them selfs......"look at that logo........they clearly went against the Gestalt theroy"....... :lol:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
gregcole said:

Hope this helps

They look in the middle of the logo to me.....Am I missing something? Maybe slightly to the right off center.

IMG_5041.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
steve g said:
in regards to the LLC I will go further and say unless you are a partnership, likely you should really be an S corp anyways for tax reasons.

We went with the LLC for that little extra fake barrier that separates the business from personal... LLC is the type of company formation you have. S corp is purely a tax designation and only applies to how you file your taxes with the IRS. In both cases, the tax handling is the same ... profits flow back to the owners on a schedule K-1 which is added to their personal tax return.

you have to be an LLC in order to select an s corp handling....The LLC can be different from state to state...LLC in some states could stand for Limited Liability Company...or..Limited Liability Corporation...the s corp is an IRS designation that if you meet the requirements you can select......

so the short of it is ..it is a wash either way.....in the end.....you're still taxed exactly the same.......

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I like being a C Corp. I'm an employee and only have to pay $800.00 per year. I actually got money back this year. :shock:
Don't ask me how that happened. Ask my accountant.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Brian R said:
I like being a C Corp. I'm an employee and only have to pay $800.00 per year. I actually got money back this year. :shock:

You didn't MAKE any money? shiteatinggrin

TimP

I went the corporation route and my business is an S corp. I always get money back through personal cause I'm poor as dirt.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Chris Adkins said:
[quote="Brian R":3j91kmco]I like being a C Corp. I'm an employee and only have to pay $800.00 per year. I actually got money back this year. :shock:

You didn't MAKE any money? shiteatinggrin[/quote:3j91kmco]

Now you know that's not right. lol

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ok all you smart guys... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

take your asses to the advertising line and work there.....or the IRS.... :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

OR

STFU and get back to cleaning Carpets......cuz we all know how well Jim does for himself....so STFU :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

there i feel better

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Brian R said:
gregcole said:

Hope this helps

They look in the middle of the logo to me.....Am I missing something? Maybe slightly to the right off center.

IMG_5041.jpg

I meant have the circle and bubbles surround the name- sorry wasn't clear what I meant.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Brian R said:

Smart man! I am in the process of pondering a reorg from S to C due to the tax liability implications thanks to Obama and the Democrats.

$800? However- you left out the double tax burden that you incur as well as you pay fica, suta, SS on money that most S corps take as dividendals. Likewise the fact that you pay corporate taxes on profit then pay tax on what you take out as bonus, dividends, etc. - Hence - Double tax As the tax rate is going through the roof on dividends right now- it doesn't much matter.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I did get the ins and outs of each and my accountant recommended the C and I concured.

I paid $800.00 for the corp tax, and got almost all my money back that I paid into for personal.
I'm a happy camper.

The money just hit my bank account yesterday...wasn't sure if Obama was going to be able to make it happen. :mrgreen:

Put that in with the liability benefits that I need for having my type of business. I think I'm good.
Any money I pay is worth that.

Profit? What profit? :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom