Long distance

Luky

Name
Mario
I know; it happened to every one of us more than once.

I don't hate to walk, but I wish that customers were more accurate when they talk about distance. Should I charge per mile instead per area?

Reactions: Mikey P

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Was 350 feet from Parking lot to Main entrance Milton Bradley then same amount for inside... We fully feel your pain...

Reactions: SamIam

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Every hour you work at that distance change the waste filter .Max air flow even at distance.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
dummies

I know the answer but y’all are not willing to change.

not change to a 40%'er?

50% are hacks and don't know it
40% are hacks and DO know it
10% "get it"

You were a 50%'er when you were a primary padder.
Then bought a TM and knew better.
Now you're back to you hack residential ways knowing the difference

Makes you a 40%'er happily slumming you scum slurry in res

..L.T.A.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
not change to a 40%'er?

50% are hacks and don't know it
40% are hacks and DO know it
10% "get it"

You were a 50%'er when you were a primary padder.
Then bought a TM and knew better.
Now you're back to you hack residential ways knowing the difference

Makes you a 40%'er happily slumming you scum slurry in res

..L.T.A.
You’ve never tried my process. You’re typing about things you don’t understand.

Name
Jeff T
I’ve got a 350’ run Saturday, and 425’ Sunday.

We do 2-300’ runs EVERY week.

Carpet, upholstery, T&G.

Par for the course.

That’s life as a suck mopper.

Reactions: Mikey P and Mike J

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
what process is that?
bigger orbits? or MF pads?

I had Gurkink Oh-Pee machine when you were a rookie cop

..L.T.A.
Well then I invite you to push a wand over some carpet I hack my way through, 24 hours after the cleaning, so the encap process is complete.

We’ll see what’s in your tank after.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Well then I invite you to push a wand over some carpet I hack my way through, 24 hours after the cleaning, so the encap process is complete.

We’ll see what’s in your tank after.
I only carry 225 feet of hose and I'll pad if I have too,

Still that's a long way to roll a machine hahahah and it its upstairs forget about it.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
That's a long way to way to get to the front door. I can't imagine having to bring in groceries, etc. with that long of a walk. Wasn't there a alternate entrance?

I have had customers tell the crews to on the grass to get close. And some of our crews have actually done it... :hopeless: It's funny how that stopped being an issue when the crew had to go back and repair the ruts and burnt grass they caused.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That's a long way to way to get to the front door. I can't imagine having to bring in groceries, etc. with that long of a walk. Wasn't there a alternate entrance?

I have had customers tell the crews to on the grass to get close. And some of our crews have actually done it... :hopeless: It's funny how that stopped being an issue when the crew had to go back and repair the ruts and burnt grass they caused.
Or having to be towed off the lawn.

Reactions: Brian H
Name
Nate W.
We have a rural client that told us they used the coupon guys, the dude drove onto the lawn, set up, and half way through, realized his van had sunk 2-1/2 feet….

He collapsed her septic field….

Ooof….

But did he honest the coupon? True meaning of getting what you pay for..

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
We have a rural client that told us they used the coupon guys, the dude drove onto the lawn, set up, and half way through, realized his van had sunk 2-1/2 feet….

He collapsed her septic field….

Ooof….

Takes me back....

Two goofy sorts I knew had a carpet and upholstery cleaning job.

They didn't have enough hose to reach everywhere in the house, so they drove onto the lawn (hold that thought in mind)

They cleaned the carpet, filled the waste tank part way through, and dumped the tank on the lawn where they were parked (hold onto that thought, still...)

They then dry cleaned the furniture. For those that remember engaging in that useless, smelly task, it left the fabric dark while still damp with the solvent. The woman didn't think it looked good, so they told her (truthfully) that solvent darkens fabric, then they said (stupidly) "throw the cushion covers in the dryer and that will show you they are ok". (hold that thought)

As they went to leave, the truck was stuck in the now wet and muddy puddle they waste tank dump caused. They called a tow truck, and as it dragged the truck and dug up her yard she came out screaming:

"My dryer is on fire" (seems the solvent fumes and hot setting on the dryer caused a fire).

Lawsuit followed:

1. Damage to yard
2. Pollution of yard with "toxic chemicals"
3. Smoke damage in home
4. Pollution of home with fumes of (truly) toxic chemicals
5. Harm to occupants due to elevated levels of the same chemicals as were present from the fumes of the fire.

Hey @Brian H ....Feel better now?

Name
Jeff T
Takes me back....

They didn't have enough hose to reach everywhere in the house, so they drove onto the lawn (hold that thought in mind)

They cleaned the carpet, filled the waste tank part way through, and dumped the tank on the lawn where they were parked (hold onto that thought, still...)

They then dry cleaned the furniture. For those that remember engaging in that useless, smelly task, it left the fabric dark while still damp with the solvent. The woman didn't think it looked good, so they told her (truthfully) that solvent darkens fabric, then they said (stupidly) "throw the cushion covers in the dryer and that will show you they are ok". (hold that thought)

As they went to leave, the truck was stuck in the now wet and muddy puddle they waste tank dump caused. They called a tow truck, and as it dragged the truck and dug up her yard she came out screaming:

"My dryer is on fire" (seems the solvent fumes and hot setting on the dryer caused a fire).

Lawsuit followed:

1. Damage to yard
3. Smoke damage in home
5. Harm to occupants due to elevated levels of the same chemicals as were present from the fumes of the fire.

Oh my….

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Oh my….

When Marco Polo lay dying, a priest came to him and told him he should confess that he made up all of his stories about China and east Asia to save his soul.

He said in reply:

"I didn't tell the half of it..."

So it is with my stories of carpet cleaners and the consequences of thoughtless decisions.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Takes me back....

Lawsuit followed:

1. Damage to yard
3. Smoke damage in home

Wow!! I am not sure that I can top that one!!!

Luky

Name
Mario
The things we do to avoid using a portable.
I charge $50 extra if I have to use more than 200 ft of hose, which is rare.
I used to have Mytee Speedster( around 90 lbs) and some Ninjas about the same weight, and now I'm stuck with an Endeavor, so I use it only in the buildings with the elevator. The manual says that the portable weight is well balanced, and that's the truth, the whole 160 lbs of it🤣

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom