Look at who is in the driveway

Brian H

Name
Brian H
We looked up an address for one of our crews on Google Street View and what do you know, we have been there before!!
1567019509493.png

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
On one the the streets that a customer is on, my beat up 1997 green beater janitor van is on there. It was a van I would let someone without a vehicle would get to drive home. Good thing it didn’t have my name on it🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I may travel alot-- but I'm envious of your rug shop. Best wishes.
Thank you John, but don't be jelly. I've bit off a huge chunk of risk and stress. Trying just to meet my day to day cleaning needs of my customers is challenging. Then there are the people throwing rocks at me from the sidelines telling me i'm going to fail. I'm reading rug books, taking Lisa Wagner's online course, going to Tom's Michigan class in September, and trying to purchase automated equipment. I'll be taking Lynn Talls class also. Also trying to get to a point where I can hire another tech that can actually drive a car. I just don't know how I am going to do it all. I feel really alone sometimes. I really have noone to surround myself with that will guide me. So I read, watch, and learn all I can. The people I look to for help hold their cards close to their chests. Anyway, I'll get there, I just can't snap my fingers and make it happen. I've got a plan which I won't discuss here until I put it into practice. working on online media geared towards rug washing and plans to take it national.

When people tell me to slow down, that's when I hit the gas. I shared my plan with one guy and was told to slow my roll. That's the last thing you want to tell me. The last time someone told me to slow down fired me up to buy 100+ rental units. If i'm going to be washing rugs, I'm not going to be humping them in and out of a rug pit all day. You better believe i'm going to automate. I want to build something that is unequaled to anything in this area. I've said too much already :)

The good thing I have going for me is I currently make enough with carpet cleaning to cover my bills. It's great having a shop to work out of and office space. The new place does give me room to grow. Hopefully I'll have my rug setup going within the next 8 months. Currently I'm using my rug rack and pit but am not doing any sort of volume worth bragging about yet. I'm waiting on some SBA funding before I start negotiations for automated equipment. If I find i'm unable to do the rug thing, I still have my building and I can rent it out no problem. Hopefully I won't need to do that.

Employees have been a challenge. People and their baggage...... That's all I got to say on that. I interviewed a kid on Friday. He can work evenings and weekends. Ugh! I don't work evenings and weekends, unless I really need too. So I'll continue to look. I've got another interview set up with a guy in his mid 30's. has two kids, military vet.

Part of my plan is to acquire 120 quarterly commercial accounts with a $300 average. I'm currently sitting at 38.

Last edited:

Ron K

He can work evenings and weekends

Is there a law that says you can't wash rugs evenings and weekends?
You need some common sense !
That's not slowing down that's thinkin!
If you only talk to people selling shit..... well you'll own a lot of shit!
You have to look at rug cleaning as a part time job,
carpet cleaning is full time, rug cleaning is when you have enough time
and energy to do it.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Thank you John, but don't be jelly. I've bit off a huge chunk of risk and stress. Trying just to meet my day to day cleaning needs of my customers is challenging. Then there are the people throwing rocks at me from the sidelines telling me i'm going to fail. I'm reading rug books, taking Lisa Wagner's online course, going to Tom's Michigan class in September, and trying to purchase automated equipment. I'll be taking Lynn Talls class also. Also trying to get to a point where I can hire another tech that can actually drive a car. I just don't know how I am going to do it all. I feel really alone sometimes. I really have noone to surround myself with that will guide me. So I read, watch, and learn all I can. The people I look to for help hold their cards close to their chests. Anyway, I'll get there, I just can't snap my fingers and make it happen. I've got a plan which I won't discuss here until I put it into practice. working on online media geared towards rug washing and plans to take it national.

When people tell me to slow down, that's when I hit the gas. I shared my plan with one guy and was told to slow my roll. That's the last thing you want to tell me. The last time someone told me to slow down fired me up to buy 100+ rental units. If i'm going to be washing rugs, I'm not going to be humping them in and out of a rug pit all day. You better believe i'm going to automate. I want to build something that is unequaled to anything in this area. I've said too much already :)

The good thing I have going for me is I currently make enough with carpet cleaning to cover my bills. It's great having a shop to work out of and office space. The new place does give me room to grow. Hopefully I'll have my rug setup going within the next 8 months. Currently I'm using my rug rack and pit but am not doing any sort of volume worth bragging about yet. I'm waiting on some SBA funding before I start negotiations for automated equipment. If I find i'm unable to do the rug thing, I still have my building and I can rent it out no problem. Hopefully I won't need to do that.

Employees have been a challenge. People and their baggage...... That's all I got to say on that. I interviewed a kid on Friday. He can work evenings and weekends. Ugh! I don't work evenings and weekends, unless I really need too. So I'll continue to look. I've got another interview set up with a guy in his mid 30's. has two kids, military vet.

Part of my plan is to acquire 120 quarterly commercial accounts with a $300 average. I'm currently sitting at 38.
I envy your ambition. Sadly the novelty of running my own business has worn off with the 10-12 hour days. Oh, I still enjoy getting out there and working every day, but I plan on cutting my business way back in the near future.

Good luck with the new rug venture. Sounds like you have an awesome plan.

Reactions: Mikey P

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I know you haven’t heard this before, but Rome wasn’t built in a day🤷🏼‍♂️ Also, you can’t have the glory without the story. Make the story!! That’s for Damon

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom