Look what I found on youtube

It's a fact that most SS franchises have the cleanest trucks on the road. The SS here has all new Ford trucks that are very spiffy. That has to be their best advertising medium.

Ryan

danielc said:
It's a fact that most SS franchises have the cleanest trucks on the road. The SS here has all new Ford trucks that are very spiffy. That has to be their best advertising medium.

Maybe us little guys should take more notice of that.

-JB-

Name
JB
.... I can't I'm too worried about how much flow 12's get and how much vac I lose on those new cuffs of mine! :roll:

sorry what I meant to say was AMEN BRO!

Scott Rogers

That is a clean water leak ,caused by a stuck top float not shutting off the water fill solenoid.

Some what complex system, yet easy to diagnose and work on.

3 floats in fresh water tank, top shuts of fill solenoid, middle turns on fill solenoid, bottom low water emergency shut off (shuts down tm)

also 3 floats in dump tank top high water shut off (kills tm) middle turns on pump-out bottom shuts off pump-out. each float triggers a relay

Video looks bad, would be a easy fix though.

K

Kabluey

I have a friend that works for SS right now and it has changed a lot since i worked there 6-7 years ago. They now prevac with the wand and employs a person that his only job is to drive around making sure SS techs are doing the job right. No dumping in the yard, proper setup and so on. He said SS just fired someone for not dumping in the toilet after being wrote up for it. Seems like they are taking their own regulation very seriously.

TimP

Kabluey said:
I have a friend that works for SS right now and it has changed a lot since i worked there 6-7 years ago. They now prevac with the wand and employs a person that his only job is to drive around making sure SS techs are doing the job right. No dumping in the yard, proper setup and so on. He said SS just fired someone for not dumping in the toilet after being wrote up for it. Seems like they are taking their own regulation very seriously.

They have bumped to a $150.00 minimum in my turf too.....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
the SS I see here never seemed to live up to the awful reputation I hear on the boards.
The few times I stopped to chat with a SS tech and took a peek in the van, things were clean and organized .
Big blower TM too

The techs had all their teefs (at least the important ones) and looked clean and professional

i always figured the board basing was born of jealousy more than anything

..L.T.A.

Chris A

Name
Chris
meAt said:
the SS I see here never seemed to live up to the awful reputation I hear on the boards.
The few times I stopped to chat with a SS tech and took a peek in the van, things were clean and organized .
Big blower TM too

The techs had all their teefs (at least the important ones) and looked clean and professional

..L.T.A.

I have heard before that the Akron Stanley is one of THE best in the US though... in terms of consistency and overall quality.

K

Kabluey

Chris Adkins said:
meAt said:
Big blower TM too

..L.T.A.

I have heard before that the Akron Stanley is one of THE best in the US though... in terms of consistency and overall quality.

If I remember correct that is SS home base for the company.

Who would of thought Jack Bates Carpet Cleaning would turn into a multimillion dollar company in less than 50 years.
Its all about the franchises that put them on the map.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Our local SS has one of the cutest female techs in town. And I echo that atleast half of the fleet here locally is kept clean, they even have a few sprinters... they make some mighty large marketing boards. But there is the the other half of the fleet... what happened?

Lord only knows if SS was every able to purchase glides.. slotted versions of course. Now if they could just keep the techs from turning the pressure up to 850 with the super small jets. They would not have nearly as many overwetting issues.

Ryan

meAt said:
Big blower TM too

..L.T.A.

I would say it depends on who owns the local franchise or who the local corporate manager is.

Chris A

Name
Chris
John Buxton said:
There headquartered in Columbus OH. Their also company owned here in Indy.

John's right, Akron is a franchise operation, not a corporate office...

Name
Lee Stockwell
Dublin OH, near Columbus.

Ours in Paducah KY is a well run operation, one of their "gold teams" as an insider described it.

Amazing

I'll best most O/O would love to sell what the avg SS van sells per year.

Biggest complaint I hear around here is the same as coit gets.

2 guys in the van, one to clean and one to sell extras.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
They opened a new one on the other side of town from me, I have driven by there at like 10 p.m. and the guys are working on vans etc. They have a huge mkt share I am sure..but all I want is a small piece and the quality of life that I have. There are enough people in NYC that anyone can make a living cleaning. But...I do curse them and SEARS out when I drive by their vans (in my head..lol.)

Chris A

Name
Chris
lust1kiddo said:
There are enough people in NYC that anyone can make a living cleaning. But...I do curse them and SEARS out when I drive by their vans (in my head..lol.)

Don't even think twice, it's an awful big pie... 'specially in an area like NYC.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom