Looking for a used truckmount !!!

lbwalker89

Name
Larry Walker
I am new to the carpet cleaning business. I mainly use a portable and do a few small jobs.. But I'm looking to upgrade to a TM and hopefully expand my business.... I'm not looking for a tricked out TM, just something entry level to get my foot in the door... I'm in Ohio , but I may be willing to make a drive for the right TM ??? Any help/ advice or a point in the right direction would be appreciated .

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Re: Looking for a used trucmount !!!

What part of ohio? I know a few friends with some for sale.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Re: Looking for a used trucmount !!!

Hmm. . Let me think. Ill make some calls in the morning

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Mikey P

Administrator
Welcome to MB!

It would help to know a few things so we can help you out...

-Your budget
-Do you prefer a slide in or a unit that is powered by the van's engine?
-What sort of heat source to you prefer
-Do you have a vehicle to put it in
-How long will your maximum hose runs be
-Are you mechanically inclined?

Chris A

Name
Chris
Do you have a van now or will you be looking for one as well? Btw I serve Akron also, welcome!

lbwalker89

Name
Larry Walker
I'm looking for a starter unit so something 5k and under. Maybe something like a hydramaster spitfire 3.2 or 4.0. I prefer a system with HX's but propane heat or oil burning will be fine. I have a Chevy Astro so my space is limited. I may look into a van that has a unit already installed if its the right price. Thanks for all the help

Welcome to MB!

It would help to know a few things so we can help you out...

-Your budget
-Do you prefer a slide in or a unit that is powered by the van's engine?
-What sort of heat source to you prefer
-Do you have a vehicle to put it in
-How long will your maximum hose runs be
-Are you mechanically inclined?

Chris A

Name
Chris
I'm looking for a starter unit so something 5k and under. Maybe something like a hydramaster spitfire 3.2 or 4.0. I prefer a system with HX's but propane heat or oil burning will be fine. I have a Chevy Astro so my space is limited. I may look into a van that has a unit already installed if its the right price. Thanks for all the help

Ya might try calling Lee at Akrosteam. He had a Spitfire 4 sitting in his place a few years ago he was talking about selling but I'm not sure he ever did.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Chris,
Do you have any ideal how much he was asking for it?

I can't remember the last time I talked to him about it was late 09? or so... I don't know that he ever had it advertised it was just on of those "one of these days I'm gonna get this thing outta here" kinda things, only caught my memory because you mentioned spitfires.

I am new to the carpet cleaning business. I mainly use a portable and do a few small jobs.. But I'm looking to upgrade to a TM and hopefully expand my business.... I'm not looking for a tricked out TM, just something entry level to get my foot in the door... I'm in Ohio , but I may be willing to make a drive for the right TM ??? Any help/ advice or a point in the right direction would be appreciated .

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/rvs/3520901750.html

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt

I saw this and said "wow". i didnt even scroll down any further. Been there done that. i had a spitfire3.2 in an astro van and it was ok but it didnt take long to out grow it. I would bite the bullet and get at least e350 and a dual wand machine. Please dont be afriad to get the right equipment. These guys here will set you in the right path. if you are doing this as a hobby ok them. but if you are going to make a business out of it, then go for it.

View attachment 1257 View attachment 1258 View attachment 1259
brings back memories. that rig worked hard for me. If you do go that route you will need to add airshocks to the rear and get a low prifile hose reel. three years ago you could have had mine for 5k lol.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I saw this and said "wow". i didnt even scroll down any further. Been there done that. i had a spitfire3.2 in an astro van and it was ok but it didnt take long to out grow it. I would bite the bullet and get at least e350 and a dual wand machine. Please dont be afriad to get the right equipment. These guys here will set you in the right path. if you are doing this as a hobby ok them. but if you are going to make a business out of it, then go for it.

brings back memories. that rig worked hard for me. If you do go that route you will need to add airshocks to the rear and get a low prifile hose reel. three years ago you could have had mine for 5k lol.

Id love to go back in time and have a couple astros with clutch drives for running around town. I wish there was a real compact van tm option available now but even the ones that have been done in transits are just too darn big for the floor space available.

lbwalker89

Name
Larry Walker

Thanks for the info , I would love to keep saving for a nicer TM but i really wanna get out of my portable ! And that setup is exactly what im looking for! 5k wouldve been right up my alley.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
you should buy one of my brand new rebuilt Steam Genie Direct drives.....
best unit out there.....OHH WAIT........
i don have any left......sorry!

Name
Nate W.
you should buy one of my brand new rebuilt Steam Genie Direct drives.....
best unit out there.....OHH WAIT........
i don have any left......sorry!

That's too bad Bawb... I was lookinf forward to buying one... Hurry up and make a Bawb New one before the reaper comes... :p

Name
I'm Rick James
I got a 98 clubwagon with a HM hydracat machine that is taking up room in my driveway. The van has 130,000 (new pads and rotors, new plugs and wires) and the TM is propane heat but has a new 23 hp engine (less than 100 hrs) has a new rebuilt pump, comes with hose, reel and wand. Its already tapped for fuel so saves you $500. $5000 obo and you can drive it away. Its a mid 90's model but TM is still just an engine powering a pump and a blower.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom