Looking For AeroTech

Mikey P

Administrator
Dave my truck is a AT that was torn apart by FMI was used to study the manufacturing and than reassemble with 90% AT parts..

My truck had all the same issues that all York influenced V's did.

Post York is when AT really took it to the next level.

Dave Rampage

Mike,

I remember talking to Herb or Irv or whatever his name was telling me at Mikefest 1 that the AT's were junk and they completely reverse engineered your truck and how bad the wiring on the AT was. They basically told me the AT was junk but theirs was top quality. There must have been some changes. I know my AT had only two problems. The crack in the water tank which was solved when they sent me the new designed round tank and that bolt on the pump clutch came loose.

I realize I was the lucky one because Shawn owed FMI money so they stopped building his trucks. I went with AT because I didn't trust Shawn anymore and he kept calling me up to the day I flew there telling me AT had no truck to deliver to me. I didn't trust AT until I saw my truck.

Dave

Jimbo

"Dave my truck is a AT that was torn apart by FMI was used to study the manufacturing and than reassemble with 90% AT parts..

My truck had all the same issues that all York influenced V's did.

Post York is when AT really took it to the next level."

Since I know that...I can up my offer to 10k for your V!

F

FB7777

Don't know your experience with Overstreet Mike, but that guy saved me a lot of money and a big headache with my Butler unit

He read about a problem I was having with my radiator and my mechanic and he diagnosed the problem called and walked me through the fix

Guy is alright IMO

Mikey P

Administrator
To bad "Davey" doesn't have a chapter or ten about the spur of the moment changes in the V over the years..

Amazing what is long term owners have seen and been through..

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
DISCLAIMER......

My 70k quote on my butler is a very loaded unit. That is not the going price for a basic or even lightly loaded unit by any stretch.

I run extended 1 ton vans and get tons of goodies on them. I could easily cut back and save 10k but if I'm going to spend 60 why not get what I want to the penny and spend the extra money.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
I started out with Judson TNT 32 years ago at 15 years old I ended up buying the tnt from my boss when I went out on my own at 17 . I ran the tnt for about 2 years when I gave up on trying to compete with $5 a room bait a switch scammers. I ended up in the home remodeling biz for about 20 plus years. When I relocated (ran) from south Fl to AL 10 years ago I decided to get back into the cleaning biz. I ran a spitfire 3.2 for a few years and it served me well but was I was really limited on the kind of jobs I could handle. I struggled on what type of machine to get next and then (and I really mean this) by the grace of God I came across a V 777. This was an old ventury unit 2000 model with 60k miles and 2k hours. I was going on vacation and found the truck in Craig’s list and the guy was right on my route to where we were going to stay. I bought it on the spot. I replaced the diverter valve and that was it. The truck paid for itself in two months. I will not mention what I paid for it but it was a gift (blessing) from God. It has been a very reliable machine and the only time I was down was due to a blown tire that messed up my wiring harness and shorted out some relays.
<o:p> </o:p>
Recently we were in the market for second unit and could not find another V. I bought a thermalwave 11 with 400hrs and put it in the van that had the spitfire in it. I had a few minor issues that Jim Martin figured out and it as well is an awesome unit. Super vac and quite lol.
<o:p> </o:p>
You cant go wrong with a 777. It’s a work horse. Two thumbs up (for now) on the thermalwave too.

Bill Morgan

Name
Captain Morgan
Just went to AT site.
http://www.aerotechmfg.com/CleaningTruck/content/?page=18 scroll to the bottom of the page. Ad doesn't mention # of hours. This guys has a fleet of vortex trucks.. I know you are looking for Aero Techs but anyway..

The truck looks pretty clean, system has had some parts replaced but seems like it's been cared for reasonably well. I think it's in California. Here is a video of it running from a link on the ad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjw1LYz_vzA

I wish I had the business (make that any business) to afford a nice big two wand system.

Best of Luck with your quest Ben!!
Bill Morgan

Vinnie

RIP
Name
Vincent Annunziato
This thread reminds me of the guy who bought a Tank to kill a mouse. Unless your dual wanding all of the time this mach. is OVERKILL.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
This thread reminds me of the guy who bought a Tank to kill a mouse. Unless your dual wanding all of the time this mach. is OVERKILL.

This is true, and the only reason I bought a used 777 is for my HUGE comm. accounts... BUT in the short amount of time I have had it, I have found several facts to be true:

1. It gives you a professional presence that a plain Jane white cargo van just cannot "project"

This brings me to my second point

2. Walk ups, I have called BS for years on anyone claiming to have constant walk ups only because of their VAT...
My FIRST resi job with my freshly lettered 777 got 2 (TWO) walk ups!
Well, actually ONE neighbor walked up, the other just called the # on the truck.

I'm sure it will never happen again because I'm saying all this.

3. Production without dual wanding seems to be about 20% faster

Mikey P

Administrator

Do your self a favor Vinnie...
DO NOT EVER TRY A V.AT.

The scream of the wand, the one pass cleaning, the ease of set up, all the extra room, the huge quick draining tank and dual wanding every job over 300 ft is super addictive.

But to be honest, I'd probably have @ extra $75 grand plus under my mattress if I had put two slide ins in a GMC cab over back in 04.

Reactions: BLewis

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Everyone should sell their vs or at! The trucks are not worth it, everyone should sell them now and cheap!

Dont do yourself a disfavor and sell your truck cheap today!

i know someone looking to buy you can call him at 817-829-4708 his ñame is Michael he will help You unload that burden You currently have.

Reactions: BLewis

hogjowl

Idiot™
I started out with Judson TNT 32 years ago at 15 years old I ended up buying the tnt from my boss when I went out on my own at 17 . I ran the tnt for about 2 years when I gave up on trying to compete with $5 a room bait a switch scammers. I ended up in the home remodeling biz for about 20 plus years. When I relocated (ran) from south Fl to AL 10 years ago I decided to get back into the cleaning biz. I ran a spitfire 3.2 for a few years and it served me well but was I was really limited on the kind of jobs I could handle. I struggled on what type of machine to get next and then (and I really mean this) by the grace of God I came across a V 777. This was an old ventury unit 2000 model with 60k miles and 2k hours. I was going on vacation and found the truck in Craig’s list and the guy was right on my route to where we were going to stay. I bought it on the spot. I replaced the diverter valve and that was it. The truck paid for itself in two months. I will not mention what I paid for it but it was a gift (blessing) from God. It has been a very reliable machine and the only time I was down was due to a blown tire that messed up my wiring harness and shorted out some relays.
<o:p></o>
Recently we were in the market for second unit and could not find another V. I bought a thermalwave 11 with 400hrs and put it in the van that had the spitfire in it. I had a few minor issues that Jim Martin figured out and it as well is an awesome unit. Super vac and quite lol.
<o:p></o>
You cant go wrong with a 777. It’s a work horse. Two thumbs up (for now) on the thermalwave too.

Jim Martin is a good guy, who has helped a LOT of people out.

What part of Bama are you in?

Chris A

Name
Chris
But to be honest, I'd probably have @ extra $75 grand plus under my mattress if I had put two slide ins in a GMC cab over back in 04.

Howdja come up with that number? Would 2 slide ins with 5000 hours be any better?

Reactions: Ken Snow

Bill Morgan

Name
Captain Morgan
George III had a 777 for sale. Don't know if he's still has it or not.
He put some new parts on cleaning system so it looked like it would run for a long time before you'd have
to put any money into it.
Bill

Chris A

Name
Chris
George III had a 777 for sale. Don't know if he's still has it or not.
He put some new parts on cleaning system so it looked like it would run for a long time before you'd have
to put any money into it.
Bill

yeah and I think hes askin like 35k for it:bullshit:

Mikey P

Administrator
Howdja come up with that number? Would 2 slide ins with 5000 hours be any better?

I have no idea, it just sounded dramatic.

I'll probably be spending that much on hearing aides by the time I die.
I heard Sam Miller's pc 405 today.wow, amazingly quiet compared to both of my tms.

On a series note, UD maintenance and parts is outrageous.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ya I never had a customer call to complain about the noise the smell is a different story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dave Rampage

Mike,

How expensive is the maintenance on your UD. I have 136,000 miles on mine and all I have ever done was change the oil and filter every few months, change trans fluid and filter every few months and front brake pads twice. This UD is by far the cheapest truck I ever had. The oil and trans fluid are very easy to do it for yourself, if I can do it anyone can do it. I've had ford and chevy vans and none have been nearly as reliable.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Its a little dry here, but not forsaken except when it 110 in the summer and the truck is 140 after a job, thats pretty much HELL ON EARTH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mikey P

Administrator
Mike,

How expensive is the maintenance on your UD. I have 136,000 miles on mine and all I have ever done was change the oil and filter every few months, change trans fluid and filter every few months and front brake pads twice. This UD is by far the cheapest truck I ever had. The oil and trans fluid are very easy to do it for yourself, if I can do it anyone can do it. I've had ford and chevy vans and none have been nearly as reliable.

I've been through all brakes many times, suspension upgrades, AC and heater are dead, had to rebuild the tranny due to a leak, twice, goes through tires quickly... yada yada..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom