Looking for cleaners in Austin, Houston and San Antonio

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Must be willing to sub out from me on a 50/50 basis. If you don't know how I operate from reading posts on this board just pm me or email me.

If you want more work, I will get it for you.

Brian

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I can't work with Dalworth...no body would make any money.

You know how it is...

I need an O/O who doesn't have a lot of work right now and needs to make some money.

These guys in Dallas made about $5000.00 from the work I gave them last month. Not bad considering they didn't have to advertise to get the work.

Bjorn

your a leach plain and simple

making money sucking blood from suckers

Ryan

If an o/o is slow or without work I would think this would be a godsend for them. They could still do their regular jobs then do the 50/50 ones. Let's face it how many o/o on these boards do 5 jobs a day 5 days a week this time of year?

Name
Lee Stockwell
It would be educational for sure. My son first went on his own in San Antonio and probably would have fallen for this at first.

Learn to count kids.

Thanks,
Lee

ps. I grumble when my marketing costs hit 17% to increase MY marketing share.
Imagine spending 50% to benefit someone else's business?

Burtz

so how does this work for 50%? Does the guy who cleans pays for insurance his own taxes gas chemicals truck mount?
that 50% does not seem like a good deal unless some one is starving, might as well go to labor ready.
I would think more like a 60/40 or 70/30 because your only cost is sitting on a chair and behind a computer terminal?

how expensive can it be to market over the internet?

Burtz

his web site kind of to me gives the illusion that he is doing the cleaning like a family owed owner operator type business?

now the dalworth site does advertise for franchises I guess their cleaners are franchise owners?

http://dalworth.com/

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Here I go again.
I'll try to explain it quick and simple.

If the tech makes 50%...so do I.
He has his expenses...so do I.

He has no jobs...I get the jobs

If this is not you, that's ok...but it's still a great deal for both myself and the O/O.

It's not for the O/O who is doing his own marketing and has enough work and likes to sell to customers over the phone etc.

At the end of the day it is fair or I wouldn't do it.
I have checked and other companies give about 35%....or if they are doing 50%, they have very low end jobs like $35.00 apts or the whole house specials at $49.95.
I try to get the higher end but the Tech has to do quality work or I won't use him.

G

"I bash Mary Kay as much as Harper but I'm under no delusion that his only cost is that of his internet connection and telephone"

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Sanjay Singh said:
"I bash Mary Kay as much as Harper but I'm under no delusion that his only cost is that of his internet connection and telephone"

At least some get it.

I've listed my costs before...anyone running a business knows what my costs are...for the most part.
To make a statement like the ones made before about "the only cost" is just uneducated.

It's like saying to them, "the only cost you have is fuel and chems". :roll:

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Brian Robison said:
[quote="Sanjay Singh":2f7k1tzq]"I bash Mary Kay as much as Harper but I'm under no delusion that his only cost is that of his internet connection and telephone"

At least some get it.

I've listed my costs before...anyone running a business knows what my costs are...for the most part.
To make a statement like the ones made before about "the only cost" is just uneducated.

It's like saying to them, "the only cost you have is fuel and chems". :roll:[/quote:2f7k1tzq]

Brian- You are paying way too much. 35%-37% is more than suffiicient to get quality people in the areas you are describing. You can't turn enough profit paying out 50%. Most people here are the ones pushing the wand so they will always tell you to pay high. I know your costs- trust me- don't pay over 37% or you will eventually lose money.

Be sure to check out the litmus tests for IRS, workers comp, and state dept of labor. All are very specific as to what makes them a contractor. If you fail to pass even one -you will end up with a little surprise in a couple of years. Be sure you have copies of GL insurance as well as workers comp. If you don't - you will be assessed and have to pay the additional premium. Hire a good attorney now to help document everything or you may regret it!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've said...I don't make much or any money off of just one truck. I have to have multiple trucks to make money because I pay such a high %. So I get what you are saying Greg.

Here is a check list for Employee to Sub categories

1.Is the worker obligated to comply with instructions about when, where and how the services or work are to be performed? For an independent contractor classification, the company that hires you does not generally give the job instructions.
2.Is the worker provided training that would enable him/her to perform a job in a particular method or manner? For an independent contractor classification, there generally is little or no training requirement and is usually not provided by the company.
3.Is the worker performing services that would be considered both essential and an integral part of the operations? For an independent contractor classification, generally, the work you are performing is not essential to the company.
4.Does the employee personally provide the service? For an independent contractor classification, the worker’s personal services are not required; and that he or she should be free to assign the work to anyone.
5.Does the business hire, supervise, or pay assistants to help the worker on the job? For an independent contractor classification, the employer should not control you and hire assistants to assist in completion of the job.
6.Is there a continuing relationship between the worker and the person for whom the services are performed? For an independent contractor classification, the worker would not have any continuing relationship with the company.
7.Does the Employer establish the work schedule? For an independent contractor classification, the worker would set his or her own work schedule.
8.Does the Employer require the worker to devote his/her full time to the one Company that he/she performs services for? For an independent contractor classification the worker is free to pursue other work or engagements.
9.Is the work performed at the place of business of the company or at specific places set by the company? For an independent contractor classification, the location of where the services or work is performed is at the discretion of the employer.
10.Does the recipient of the services direct the sequence in which the work must be done? For an independent contractor classification, the worker sets his or her own work priorities.
11.Does the employer require interim oral or written reports to be submitted by the worker? For an independent contractor classification no interim reports are required of the worker.
12.Would the worker be paid on an hourly, weekly, or monthly basis as opposed to being paid on completion of the job? For an independent contractor classification, the timing of payment coincides with completion of job, rather than in regular intervals.
13.Does the employer reimburse any business or traveling expenses to the worker? For an independent contractor classification, the worker would not seek any reimbursement for any business related or traveling expenses, and instead would pay for their own business expenses.
14.Does the company provide essential resources, tools or materials used by the worker in order for the worker to perform on his job? For an independent contractor classification, the worker would be using his/her own tools and equipment.
15.Has the worker failed to invest in equipment or facilities used to provide the services? For an independent contractor classification, the worker would have made a significant capital investment into equipment, tools, resources and facilities.
16.Does the arrangement put the person in a position or realizing either a profit or loss on the work? For an independent contractor classification, there is always a possibility of incurring loss, which is entirely would be responsibility of the contractor. The employee designation would mean that there is no possibility of incurring a loss for any work performed.
17.Does the worker perform services or work exclusively for only one company rather than working for a number of companies at the same time? For an independent contractor classification, the contractor would not be restricted to perform services exclusively for only one company, he or she would be performing services for more than one company at any moment in time.
18.Does the worker in fact make his/her services regularly available to the general public? For an independent contractor classification, the worker would be marketing his or her services to the general public.
19.Is the worker subject to dismissal for reasons other than non-performance of the contract specifications? For an independent contractor classification, the right of discharge is limited by contract terms.
20.Can the worker be compensated for an incomplete job? For an independent contractor classification, there would be no of payment for incom

Bjorn

your paying them too much hahaha

well good ol cole rents them the machines and sells them chemicals too

might be goo idea

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm not paying anyone too much....and I am not ever going to get paid too much...relativity.

I think that I am paying more than other companies...at the end of the day.
I also think that I am helping people put food on their table.
What's wrong with that?

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Brian Robison said:
I'm not paying anyone too much....and I am not ever going to get paid too much...relativity.

I think that I am paying more than other companies...at the end of the day.
I also think that I am helping people put food on their table.
What's wrong with that?
LOL! you do realize that the object is to put more food on your table right?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I don’t have an issue with what Brian is doing. I started out with a Jani-king franchise. Jani-King and its clones ruined the janitorial business in this country by locking franchises into indentured servant contracts. Their business model has been copied so many times that most of the franchises are now immigrants and they have driven janitorial prices down to what they were 20 years ago. IMO it doesn’t become predatory until you lock your subs down with a non-compete contract. At least it sound like Brains subs are able to find their own work on the side.

Something tells me Coles subs sign a air tight non-compete. Slime Ball :evil:

Hey Brian,
What % are you putting into advertising and where is that money going?

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
ACE said:
Something tells me Coles subs sign a air tight non-compete. Slime Ball :evil:

Then you are NUTS! Get the facts before you throw accusations. by very defenition- contractors can and do work for whomever they want.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
All my subs are their own business...I may lean towards the no signage guys...but those are usually the ones that want to work with me anyway.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mike,
I put 100% into advertising if you are talking about time and effort.
Ok, maybe not quite that...I have to answer a phone now and then appearantly.

Moneywise, I try to stick with me wits and pay as little as possible...but me wits are not quite to the level I need them to be so I will spend 20% or so...depending.
I pull that back every now and then.

After all the marketing expenses and everything else I need to pay, that 50% doesn't look too great to me...but I make it up on the second truck and so on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom