Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
I'd only buy a portable with dual 3-stage vac motors. I'd recommend a Mytee machine as long as they don't include those awfully hideous canister filter setups with them.

Mikey P

Administrator
Will this be a back up to your TM or are you going after high rise work?

Talk to Art Kelly

He convinced me to get the Rotovac CFX

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Will this be a back up to your TM or are you going after high rise work?

Talk to Art Kelly

He convinced me to get the Rotovac CFX

Diversity. Not planning on it as a back up since I also have a Butler. I have had a few jobs that it would of come in very handy.

Mikey P

Administrator
How about getting in and out of the truck, is that a concern? Do you have a helper?

Do you have an RE? A must with the CFX for carpet unless you have the Ranger Docking Station

Name
jack zerkie
Try EDIC 500psi 2-3stage vacs 1 cord and a second cord for a outside of the unit for the heater. Nice unit except for going up the stairs. I would buy another one if they would raise the profile of the handle up higher. jz

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I have a tech. Would also consider a ramp of needed to carry on a as needed basis but not daily. The Roto Vac and dock are kinda interesting.

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
How about getting in and out of the truck, is that a concern? Do you have a helper?

Do you have an RE? A must with the CFX for carpet unless you have the Ranger Docking Station
The ranger is nice, especially the newer one except one problem - they are almost impassible to get up steps due to the way the handles are positioned. I have an older Ranger for my house - it's only 250psi but works out good enough. The CFX is nice also, but boy, it is loud.

ETA: one problem with the CFX is it sucks water into the vac motors.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
So how well would dual 2 stage at 200 inches of lift be as compared to dual 3 stage motors?

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
For convenience I like the Rotovac, for suction I like Mytee. Though the CFX does have good suction also. I just don;t like replacing those vac motors so often.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
one problem with the CFX is it sucks water into the vac motors.

That is the problem solved by the 15 gallon version of the CFX. The original model is 5 gallon and is spits out water and ruins vac motors

Mikey P

Administrator
The ranger is nice, especially the newer one except one problem - they are almost impassible to get up steps due to the way the handles are positioned. I have an older Ranger for my house - it's only 250psi but works out good enough. The CFX is nice also, but boy, it is loud.

ETA: one problem with the CFX is it sucks water into the vac motors.

According to Art they fixed that problem with the 15 model

No louder than my EDIC Galaxy500

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
I had that happen a couple of times with my CFX. Make absolutely sure your discharge line is connected tightly.I found that if loose at all, pump-out wouldn't engage properly and water would spew out the vac exhaust.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Assuming there will always be someone to help getting it out of and back into the van, or a ramp. And an elevator in the buildings served.

1. What length of hose will you need to run?
  2. Do you want almost as good as a truck mount results?
  3. Is trying to get it all in in one trip important?
  4. Carpet only or upholstery as well? What most?
  5. The situations you'll need it at, are they tough to reach (maneuver) areas or a straight simple access.
  6. Do you feel comfortable using auto fill (& dump) in the client's bathroom? (Which is what most of us have to.)
Generally speaking, unless you do not mind hooking a split-er box to the (stove/washer) 220 outlet, and due to not enough juice to go around, a heater will be where I'd compromise. You can do great portable cleaning without it. And it will dry a lot faster.

The new lamb (I think) larger motors are quite incredible and do not add a lot of weight.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Sometimes I feel like people get offended if I say it...but have you looked at the Dwellpro?

Mikey P

Administrator
Assuming there will always be someone to help getting it out of and back into the van, or a ramp. And an elevator in the buildings served.

5. The situations you'll need it at, are they tough to reach (maneuver) areas or a straight simple access.
  6. Do you feel comfortable using auto fill (& dump) in the client's bathroom? (Which is what most of
I'm not getting shilling compensation...

It's worth checking it out.

Agreed.

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
According to Art they fixed that problem with the 15 model
That's what I have. According to Adam at Rotovac a few months ago, it hasn't been addressed yet properly. The vac motors are too close to the water inlet. I've tried everything from tightening the bag around the pipe to making a shield to go between the bag and the vac motors. And no, this issue isn't due to the tank becoming too full.

Reactions: Mikey P

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan

6. Do you feel comfortable using auto fill (& dump) in the client's bathroom? (Which is what most of us have to.)
Generally speaking, unless you do not mind hooking a split-er box to the (stove/washer) 220 outlet, and due to not enough juice to go around, a heater will be where I'd compromise. You can do great portable cleaning without it. And it will dry a lot faster.

The new lamb (I think) larger motors are quite incredible and do not add a lot of weight.

1: 25 I think will be fine
2: I realize it's not a truck mount but I want good results none the less
3: would be nice but I could use the excercise
4: both
5: most should be local close type jobs but I'll take what I can get.
6: not concerned

This will be 99% commercial. Can't think of a time I needed portable for residential but my new van is taller and the wrap is close to going on and I would hate to damage it.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Looks like Interlink will have a Nautilus on Black Friday sale tomorrow. I don't know which model it will be but anyone have any experience with them?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
1: 25 I think will be fine- Are you sure? That's a real short run? It means that you'll have to run the buckets to the very room (or next to it) you're at and no auto fill/dump (which I, personally, was always concerned with at a client's home.) I like a 50' run, much more convenient and works fine with my two three stage motors, though a little more vac would have been nice.) A longer run may allow you to place the unit outside a home (which will take away the risk of auto fill. It will also allow you to create a protected area for the machine (tarp etc.) in a commercial setting without having to move it as many times.

However, if indeed all you need is 25' a machine with two 3 stage vacuum's will be plenty. If not doing tile you will not need pressure of more than 300-400 psi.

2: I realize it's not a truck mount but I want good results none the less. - The above will do. Stronger motors will dry faster and allow for longer runs.
3: would be nice but I could use the excercise. - Exercise is overrated :winky: Some of the machines make it easy to attach a standing wand. Nice. I always found machines with a square top to allow me for better storage and less trips to van. It gets old real quick.
4: both- Above will do.
5: most should be local close type jobs but I'll take what I can get. - What I meant was how do you get from the van to area to be cleaned. Maneuverability on site.
6: not concerned- You should as these can cause a flood or water damage. If still not concerned, Get one with both. But you'll need a longer run which brings us full circle back to the beginning where you may benefit from stronger motors.

This will be 99% commercial. Can't think of a time I needed portable for residential but my new van is taller and the wrap is close to going on and I would hate to damage it.

Click to expend above to read answers. There are more issues to take into account but I've tried not to make this too long.

The more you know in advance, what situation you'll need it and what flexibility you're looking for and how essential it is (compromises!) the more likely you'll be able to make the right decision.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I think I will re visit this in the near future. To many decisions to make and to little time to do so. Thanks Zee.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom