Looking for some help

bmas

Hey guys a flooring company that I do a lot of work for had there installers drop some paint on a wool carpet they were installing. It is a very light color. The guy tried to rub it out with mineral oil. He pushed the knap of the carpet down in 2 spots and the paint wont come out. Any suggestions on what i can use to try to get the paint out and bring the knap back. I am trying to help these guys out. It is laytex paint.
thanks for any help
Brad

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
The best paint remover I ever found was recommended to my by an old painter that used to live next door to me. It's called Wil-Bond. It's used to give new paint more tooth so if you read the can it wont give you directions to take paint off carpet. I use it like any other paint remover... pour it on the towel and rub it on the paint. Resist the temptation to pour any solvents on the carpet. If you work on it long enough it will come out. However depending on the size/thickness of the spot it might be cheaper to do a plug.

Marc Imbesi

Also, Have the installer disengage the carpet and inspect the padding. Replace padding if any paint has penetrated it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom