Looking for the best Air Purifer.

Moser Bros.

I have very bad allergies, even after taking Allergra and Naseral spray. My house is hard to keep clean since it is half remodeled and I'm sure there is some mold in the 60 year old walls.Most air purifiers clean only about 400 square feet, my house is 1900 and can't afford to spend $3000 for 5 of them. I've done some research and the Alen A375 looks like a great unit for under $500, it has UV lamps to kill bacteria and mold, here is the specs

* Pre-filter/HEPA Filter/Enhanced Activated Carbon Filter all-in-one makes filter changing easy
* Effectively removes smoke, pollen, dust, animal dander, dust mites, molds, bacteria and viruses
* Built-in Ionizer to effectively minimize pollutants. Ionizer can be manually turned on or off - produces no ozone
* Enhanced activated carbon for even greater odor removal
* 2 UV lamps for bacteria removal
* 4-speed settings & 8 hour timer
* Dust sensor and Odor sensor
* Wall-mountable space saving design
* Built-in Ionizer minimizes pollutants and produces no ozone
* Filter replacement indicator
* Digital display with simple and intuitive touch button control
* Unique safety feature has power auto-off protection when front cover removed
* Remote control
* Filter Type: HEPA & activated carbon
* Power: 120V
* Noise Level: 36 dBa on low, 65 dBA on high
* Filter Efficiency: = 99.97%
* Room Size: Up to 800 square feet; 400 square feet for best performance
* Unit Size: 18.5” x 8.23” x 17.48”
* Unit Packaging: 21.42” x 9.92” x 20.24”
* Unit Weight: 19 lbs
* Warranty: Lifetime Warranty with regular filter replacements
* Manual: A375UV Manual (PDF)

If there is a better purifier for less then I'd like to know about it, the lifetime warranty sounds really good. I can only afford one at this time, but I don't know how effective it will be if I move it to the room I'm in, and how well it will purifiy the air in my 600sqft living room since it opens up to about 1000 sqft with the open adjecent room.

John Buxton

I've installed several of these hepas in customers homes and in bars to remove smoke, and odor. they go on your furnace and cleans the entire home. Every hvac guy I have talked to thinks the uv lights are a waste of money, but they sell them if you want them.

http://www.pureairsystems.com/

randy

Name
Randy
I have a IQAir unit $795 that is great for a room. The only full home units are the ones installed in the vent. An H-vac company would be a great place to inquire. The UV sanitizers are a scam, they don't work. I would suggest a quality unit for the room you sleep in and just periodically air the place out. Open all windows and turn on the fan. The EPA website will tell you that is the best way to control in door air quality, ventilation over filtration.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom