Looking for the best stair scrubber

Moser Bros.

I don't like to hand scrub stair, anyone have and picture of your best rotary stair scrubbing tool.

I've tried making one with a cordless drill and cimex pad driver , but it was too high speed and made a mess while I was encaping some commercial stairs.

Name
Eric Valentine
Re: Looking for the best stair scuber

Look for a used Host machine. Before getting the Host, I was using my Rotovac 360 on stairs because of the super flushing and agitation. The Host literally made a huge difference in the way the stairs come out. Ron's Sebo will do the same thing. Both lift the pile of the carpet nicely to allow for a good flushing rinse (stairs seem to be some of the nastiest areas of carpet, especially when the stairs are right by the front door)

safeclean

I like to use my makita hand polisher with a encap white or grey pad works fast and easy.

craig

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L

Prespray them and use a nice poly hand brush to quickly scrub them before extraction.

Why use a freaking machine?

Greenie

14" wide Greenhorn stair wand, Should I post a pic?

I was thinking with 15 flow it would be wicked on large scale steps, like at a movie theater, or even for the Apt. whore who needs to make some time?

Moser Bros.

I have a Rug Rat, isn't that the same as your Sebo? ... And thats just a vacuum and not a scrubber.

Name
Nate W.

Moser Bros. said:
I have a Rug Rat, isn't that the same as your Sebo? ... And thats just a vacuum and not a scrubber.

The Rug Rat is a turbine powered vacuum.. Great for uhpolstery and anyother small places a normal vacuum can't fit..

The sebo is a counter rotating brush.. Similar to a CRB but smaller and lighter.. No vacuum..

I'd say it's not the same IMO

DUSTY

The CBM machines,, ie the HOST and Sebo are best for this in my experience,, but i prefer the Sebo as the Host will corode from the moisture.

Fred Homan

I use a Oreck orbital....I think it is 13"....Light weight with a brush. Works great! Try it you will like it!

Fred

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Prespray them and use a nice poly hand brush to quickly scrub them before extraction.

That's what I use as well. Or if I don't even want to brush you can scrub the hell out of it with your wand. Also use the arch of your shoes to scrub the nose on the step below. :lol:

Albert

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
We used to ride in laundry baskets down the stairs when I was younger.. If you have any kids... just build them a box and put a few brushes or groomes on the back and let them slide down the stairs to their hearts content.. And presto, scrubbed stairs!! :lol: :roll: :mrgreen:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

Walrus said:

Jimmy nailed it........

Grant D

I like my Sebo for scrubbing stairs. I have an Oreck Orbiter and it works fine but will tip bloom nylon cut piles so I just use the Sebo so I don't have to worry about that. I suspect a Host would work great too but I've never used one.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Harbour Freight has a variable speed hand held buffer perfect for this. Has a velcro driver for Under $50 and get some Cimex pads.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I do exactly what ron does except I scrub with a cut up concrete bruch by hand and clean at 500 PSI

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom