Looks like a good way to extract oil

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Without purchasing those oil extractors. Cheap setup. For those blowers that don't have a friendly drain option

Reactions: Papa John

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
My buddy did this with a shopvac to his gas tank and burned down his house. Actual pic below of his house. Personally I use the harbor freight vacuum thing that is charged by an air compressor. Much safer.

1589116436056.png

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My buddy did this with a shopvac to his gas tank and burned down his house. Actual pic below of his house. Personally I use the harbor freight vacuum thing that is charged by an air compressor. Much safer.

View attachment 99250
Did you watch the video? The guys takes a moment to specifically say NOT to use this to suck gas

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
That's why I never bought one. It'd sit in my building all year except one day. I hate buying tools that I"ll only use once every few years
I use mine all the time. Motorcycles, boats, all my cars. Makes it so easy and clean to change the oil. No crawling under the car for me. I don't know how hard TM fluid changes are for you , but on the 870 there is really only 1 way to get the oil out of the blower because there's no drain plug accessible.

Also....Once every few years?

Last edited:
Name
BradFenstermaker
I saw this a few months ago. Haven't built Juan yet.
Hey Damon could you put a pic of witch Juan you bought at Harbour Freight?

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
One of those pumps that you screw on an oil bottle works as long as you have a little room above the oil filler hole on the blower. Easy peasy on the TCS.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I'm sorry, I know no one asked, but it is absolutely banana nuts that modern machines are designed without the ability to drain the oil.
Some German car makers have sealed differentials and transmissions. They want those parts to fail because they know the original owner won't still have the car when it happens. Used models just undercut the sales of new ones, so exceptionally high service costs will limit the market of used car buyers.

I'm pretty sure no truckmount maker is that pompous.

Hard to service units are usually the fault of a design compromise. If they can't figure out a better layout, you get to deal with it down the road. I'd bet most individual truckmount buyers look at specs and the shiny grille and never think about maintenance costs. Removing two hours worth of belts and covers to lube the widget release every 50 hours rarely kills a sale.

Reactions: BIG WOOD and D Luke

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
There is NO need to make complicated truck mounts.

KISS

WHY WHY WHY?

Back
Top Bottom