Losing RPM's

John Barham

I have a wonderful Prochem Peak.Lately I have been losing alot of RPM's as soon as I hook up the vacuum lines and wand.It will run 3600 with out a load but as soon as you put a load on it it can barely hold 2600.We just replaced the head gaskets and 1 head for a overheating issue and I was hoping this would help my RPM issue but it hasn't.We did a leak down teat that had a result of 5% leak down on both cylinders.All of the fuel filters have been replaced ,new plugs ,and air filters.I have noticed that the in line filter before the pump barely has any fuel in it while its running and was wondering if the fuel pump might be starving the engine under a load . Just though I would get some advice.

check to see if you have spark on both cylinders or if the spark is cutting out under load. Kohler engines are know for defective coil packs. Also check to see if one of the safety's are starting to ground out the coil packs with the vibration of the machine. Also check if your inches of lift are set too high on the relief valve.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Is it mis-firing under load or running smooth and just slowing down? If its the latter I'm sure you already checked for clog in the vac hose. Does that engine have a govner?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
When the motor bogs, what does your vacuum read? If it's high you either have a clog somewhere, or the lift is set too high for your motor.

I HATE Kohler motors, I had two and both were problems. I replaced them.

Take care,
Lisa

G

John,i was impressed that you thought enough to call me about your problem...having not much experience with slid-ins i couldn't give you a definitive answer....

but i talked to a fellow today that works on your type unit.....

What he sED was either a clog in yor vacuum which i assume that you checked for... a fuel starvation problem

OR

That Kohler motor is a POS!

sorry!

John Barham

The motor isn't missing or skipping it's just slowing down.No clogs in the hoses and it starts to bog at 11inches.

I'm not sure about the governor.

I also replaced the fuel pump but that was not any help.

As far as calling The Coot for advice boy that was a waste of time.The whole time I was on the phone with him he was trying to sell me one of those POS steam genie's kept trying to convince me it only uses .8 gal of gas an hour.The rest of the time he was telling me what a wonderful person mike is.

G

That is true...i worship the ground that is covered by the shadow of his big giant hED!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom