Lost a friend today

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Most of the industry knows my father and I as the "faces" of our company.

But we would be no where without the people who have worked for us over the years though? One such person was Dave Kelly. Dave worked for us first 40 years ago when we had our cleaning company, starting as a helper, then crew leader, then managed it for us until we left the service industry 25 years back. Since then Dave was our "store manager/floor salesman" at our distributorship.

Dave was never the "sales type", but his years in the cleaning business made him an invaluable resource for our customers. Dave could give advice about everything from taking a stain out of carpet to how to price out a commercial job.

On a personal note, I met Dave in elementary school when we were both 10. The building that was our school is now the one that houses my business. We often joked about coming back to the same place for over 50 years.

Dave's health had been failing, and he retired early this year.

I saw him last a week ago when he dropped by the office; I am glad that our conversation was full of laughter and smiles.

Tell your family and your friends that you care.

You never know when it will be the last time.

Last edited:

jeffexe

Name
jeff
Most of the industry knows my father and I as the "faces" of our company.

But we would be no where without the people who have worked for me over the years though. One such person was Dave Kelly. Dave worked for us first 40 years ago when we had our cleaning company, starting as a helper, then crew leader, then managed it for us until we left the service industry 25 years back. Since then Dave was our "store manager/floor salesman" at our distributorship.

Dave was never the "sales type", but his years in the cleaning business made him an invaluable resource for our customers. Dave could give advice about everything from taking a stain out of carpet to how to price out a commercial job.

On a personal note, I met Dave in elementary school when we were both 10. The building that was our school is now the one that houses my business. We often joked about coming back to the same place for over 50 years.

Dave's health had been failing, and he retired early this year.

I saw him last a week ago when he dropped by the office; I am glad that our conversation was full of laughter and smiles.

Tell your family and your friends that you care.

You never know when it will be the last time.
I am so sorry to hear about Dave's Passing. He was an absolute joy to talk to on the phone. He will certainly be missed by Pemberton Supply Customers.

• Love
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
having met Dave and talked with many times, it's sad news to me
thoughts a prayers for those that mourn the lose of a good man

..L.T.A.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I can hear his voice...

Condolences jim, would you please post a picture of Dave?

I had always wanted Dave to participate here.

In the time he ran our cleaning company, he had stories that would have entertained you all. He was a volunteer fireman and wasn 't intimidated by most anyone. Once a Fish and Game official came to accuse him of illegally dumping his waste water on a job.

As he walked the guy from the machine, followed the APO hose to the janitor closet he said:

"Listen Barney Fife, before you go accusing me of hurting your little fishes, show me where this made it into the street!" (His helper told me the story)

He once referred someone attempting to make collection calls on a deceased family member to the cemetery where she was buried by just giving the phone number and saying: "Just ask the people that answer the phone where she is. They will tell you"

A really fun and funny guy to have around.

You guys would have enjoyed him.

dave kelly cropped.jpg

Back
Top Bottom