Lost My Google Places

Name
Bruce
Lost it for "Carpet Cleaning Bay City" anyone have any idea's ? I'm still listed #1 with my website , but my places page is not listed with the first 3 listings anymore.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Right on top for me too. The Local map listings and websites are now (since Oct 27) merged together and appear as one place listing.

You need to now work on client reviews and back links to your listing to make it more productive.

Name
Bruce
Dave Yoakum said:
Right on top for me too. The Local map listings and websites are now (since Oct 27) merged together and appear as one place listing.

You need to now work on client reviews and back links to your listing to make it more productive.
I did have client reviews and google took them away. Can you explain Back Links to my Listings? not sure what you mean by listings.

Thanks for replying Dave.

G

Yes, you are #1 and do not have anything to worry about, yet. You are the only real competitor for anyone to worry about, yet. But you can be beat if someone wakes up and decides to hire a professional tomorrow. You do not have a well optimize website, see below for FREE tips on how to make your standings harder to beat.
1. Title Tag: You currently have "Tru-Klean Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning" which does not mention "Bay City"
2. Header or H1: You have "Tru-Klean Carpet & Upholstery Care" You should use "Bay City" in there somewhere
3. Meta Description: You have it, but you don't, someone used vertical slashes | instead of commas for keywords like "Bay City"
4. Keyword Density: The phrase "Bay City" does not show enough times to show search engines that is what your page is about.

This is all standard issue SEO on page optimization. The real work is in relevant quality back linking. But, since you are sitting pretty in #1 enjoy, but if you have a new kid in town looking to cash in on your monopoly, then contact SEO GURU.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bruce just remember to have a good amount of copy written on your site. Tell about your business, what you do and where you do it. Don't stuff your front page with keywords but be sure to mention them.

You should have at the top of your page in bold italisized lettering "carpet cleaning bay city" or wherever you want to be.
The engines will look at your title tag first when they crawl the site...so I would put that key phrase their as well.

Remember to get quality inbound links...no link farms and be sure to link to yourself within the body of text to other pages in your site.

Google doesn't index sites, it indexes pages so make sure you have at least one link from somewhere to each page and make sure the title tag has the key phrase that bests describes that page as close to what someone will search for.

There are a million other things. lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom