Lost vacuum today...please help

Bryan Irvin

OK guys, please help me out if you can, I'm not the most handy guy on here when it comes to mechanics, but I am learning. I run a Hydramaster 4.7, today when I turned the key, it came on, but the vacuum wasn't working at all! I switched it off and on a few times, and then I got vacuum back...now I'm worried, any ideas of what it could be?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Sounds like a loose connection some where...........

I would start with the switch

Bryan Irvin

Oh, I know what you're talking about now, don't have that switch on the 4.7 though. It was strange, the machine wasn't nearly as loud as it usually is, and there there was absolutely NO VACUUM at all. I fiddled with it for a few, and said a few quick prayers, and the vacuum returned. I'm glad its OK now, but I would think that it happened because something is wrong somewhere...Guess I will find out tomorrow!

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Did you check your LINT basket? How about checking the belts? Hmmm??
Wd40 for the blower? Grease the NiPPles? Hmmmm?? anything I'm forgetting??

Mister Sir

Greenie

"I switched it off and on a few times, and then I got vacuum back"

It's seems you already know the problem at hand.

The switch is faulty, probably just a loose wire.

How about opening the panel, and taking a look?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Was the machine running with no suction or not running at all. It sounded to me like the machine started but had no vac.

Bryan Irvin

The machine was running, just no vac...no problems since though, ran it all day today, had a job last night, and all day yesterday with no probs...Hopefully everything is ok

Name
Lee Stockwell
Maybe something like this:

Vac relief opening near floor. Ice chunk from condensation gets drawn into that valve. Ice melts, vac works until another chunk gets sucked through it.

Name
Lee Stockwell
No ice huh?....bummer

My son Josh and family lived in Beaufort SC for several years, beautiful place...even Parris Island. I loved visiting there, fishing with grandkids in the little gator-infested marshes.

Aaron

Check for belt slip; that happens once in a while (but it usually shreds the main drive belt when that happens).

If the truck idled up to speed but you had no pressure or vacuum, the clutch simply failed to engage. Usually signals a clutch failure in the near future or a bad/loose wire to the clutch assembly. Again, easiest way to tell for that is the lights all come on the control panel, then engine idles up to speed, and RPM gauge goes up on the machine, but you don't have any vac or pressure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom