Lot's of Old Cleaning Solutions On The Shelf What to Do

postaldave

I was sitting in my shop, and just looking at all the Old Chems on the shelves , Some wondering if still good, Maybe should flush them down. What Is you're Take, What do you do with your'es. Postaldave

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
use them up.. i try to at least clean my house and familys stuff with the old stuff. might as well because if it doesnt work you can always reclean with something that does.

Scott

A

amazingcleansc

C&S said:
use them up.. i try to at least clean my house and familys stuff with the old stuff. might as well because if it doesnt work you can always reclean with something that does.

Scott

i made the mistake of trying to clean something that was genuinely dirty with some really old chems.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Last month I started using a what was left of some Grease Eraser that I had put away back in 1988 (the label indicates it was made in 03/88). I first washed work towels and it worked great, then I used it on trashed carpets, then all the other jobs that I would use a freshly bought batch. 22 year old powder, just a little clumpy but dissolved well. About 30 pounds was there from a 50 pound cannister so why not?
I've found that most cleaners, solvents, defoamers, etc have a shelf life that can span many years if sealed up properly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom