Lou's

Mikey P

Administrator
42609003.jpg

Lou stopped by my house today to pick up some stuff from Greenie.

I've know Lou since I moved to Scruz in 1988.
Lou is from Mobile Alabama has been cleaning carpet since 1961.
He moved here in the 70's.
I use to see him quite a bit when I was a Coit hack through a mutual friend. Since going on my own we've only talked a few times, so the hour or so we spent in my driveway yesterday was quite the history lesson. We were treated to stories of cleaning before truckmounts, his favorite wands, tax evasion, the current state of affairs effect on the local cleaning companies, Judgebilt truckmounts, his Butlers that he loves so dear and best off all, his recent discovery of the use of liquid sally's peroxide.

He is one of those guys like Judson Jones and Heacock, that you could listen to for hours on end.

Lou has pretty much seen and done it all.

Since we have not talked much he was taken a'back by how much (BB) knowledge I had in regards to chemicals. He kept asking where did you learn that? How do you know this? did Jeff teach you this? Where the hell are you getting all these customers? what you got this big ol's truckmount for?? You do all this stuff you got on the sides of yo truck? Watching him get his first look at a Vortex blower was funier the hell, "Whats dat big ol' hose coming out from it?"

Last we really talked I was a clueless coitchimp and know I sounded like Forsythe to his ears. He says he is going to start referring me for rugs and far away jobs. :lol:

Turns out Lou found Greenie a while back( I had no idea) and is now his biggest fan, anything Greenie talks about Lou has to try.

Those Gliders or yours keep this 80' year ol' man cleaning, if'ns I stop cleaning I'll die.

He couldn't stop talking about how much he loved his Gliders and his Oxidifier pre spray and rinse. "dat shit is like magic!"

Just loves his 02.
In 48 years of cleaning he has never used a better prespray and rinse.

I asked him if he has a computer, "naw hell no, but my grandkid is a real genius on them things......"

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I remember the first time I phoned Greenie. His passion and knowledge startled me and I have never been the same since. Anyone who bad mouths him is a jealous hack.

Gary Taylor

"and his hair was perfect" to quote Warren Zevon.

Stories like this are great. To talk to some one who has been around to see so many new things and still to be thrilled to see more.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have no idea who the dude on the right is, but this Lou fellow and GreenBean are the reason I like to go to fests and stuff. (When they are held within walking distance.)

I like to meet real cleaners.

Not bulletin board fakers.

G

You should tell Lou about Harvard's Grim Release Pro!

Its a lot less elbow grease!!!!! and twice as quick to clean!!!!!

Mikey P

Administrator
Steve Lillard said:
You should tell Lou about Harvard's Grim Release Pro!

Its a lot less elbow grease!!!!! and twice as quick to clean!!!!!

What makes you think Lou needs a grease eraser type product?

He does mainly high end beach homes.

I loves the Oxidifier effect of the O2 system

Name
Kevin McCreary
My dad is the same way, been cleaning since the sixties. He gave it up in the late eighty's
early ninety's but is still full of stories. He used to clean carpets on his hands and knees
with a bucket and brush known as Duraclean

asm.jpg

Greenie

other than being a bit nippy outside in the drive for ....an hour, or two..it was great talking with Lou (lewis) or shoud I say Listening to, and watching him and Mikey compare war stories and catch up. Lou still pushes wand and just ask him, he loves his Greenhorn, said he cherry picks the good jobs and gives teh rest to "the boys" lol - Good for you Lou! I hope to see many more "lou's" he doesn't clean because he has to, he still enjoys "the clean line" an getting out of bed each day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom